Options

Classy departure

An ThropologistAn Thropologist Posts: 39,854
Forum Member
Just want to salute Tm for his departure speech and his grace and dignity in defeat.
What a gentleman. My hat is off to you Sir.

Comments

• Options
    henrywilliams58henrywilliams58 Posts: 4,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Missed it. IPlayer via Chromecast time.

I have been at an afternoon milonga ..
  • Options
    dippydancingdippydancing Posts: 9,428
    Forum Member
    Completely agree- it reminded me of Deborah Meaden and Fern Britton's farewells- sincere, heartfelt, gracious and fun.
  • Options
    MysteriousOzMysteriousOz Posts: 6,230
    Forum Member
    And bless Natalie one of the best pros in my opinion and nicest
  • Options
    Rosie PrimroseRosie Primrose Posts: 291
    Forum Member
    He's a sweetheart, I'm sorry to see him go.
  • Options
    IzzieStarIzzieStar Posts: 21,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That was one of the loveliest speeches I've ever seen given by an eliminated celeb. Very classy.

Also loved their departure dance. Felt very them! :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 43
    Forum Member
    A true gentleman!
  • Options
    Mrs FMrs F Posts: 8,232
    Forum Member
    agree with all of the above.

You can tell that the celebs that take part, it isnt all for the money but the joy of the programme, a rare thing
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,340
    Forum Member
    Just said on another thread that I never cry at shows like Strictly but Tim brought a tear to my eye.

Having said that I'm really hoping for another Blulu or Jan Ravens-style departure.
  • Options
    NormandieNormandie Posts: 4,617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What (in brief! ;-)) did he say? I was watching Prof Cox and his universal wonders. I think he's (Tim's) a nice guy and I can imagine he was very thoughtful in his thanks to everyone.
  • Options
    Sandra BeeSandra Bee Posts: 9,437
    Forum Member
    He's a sweetheart, I'm sorry to see him go.

Me too. He meant every word of that farewell speech. Such a nice man. I wanted him to doff his hat, the way he does on 'Bargain Hunt'.

Thanks, Tim, you were a joy!!
  • Options
    fatskiafatskia Posts: 11,037
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tim may not have been the best dancer, but he scores 10 for his exit.

Beautifully expressed what his time on the show meant to him and I'm very pleased that he is taking that very worthwhile experience to his heart. Nice to see someone with the right approach and another great showing from Natalie who was the biggest part of making his time on the show enjoyable.
  • Options
    Pet MonkeyPet Monkey Posts: 11,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Have only known who he is for a few weeks but that's all it takes -- he's a lovely guy and he had a great partnership with Natalie. Going to miss them
  • Options
    ilovewallanderilovewallander Posts: 42,048
    Forum Member
    Just said on another thread that I never cry at shows like Strictly but Tim brought a tear to my eye.

Having said that I'm really hoping for another Blulu or Jan Ravens-style departure.

What did they do on their departures?
  • Options
    Sandra BeeSandra Bee Posts: 9,437
    Forum Member
    [QUOTE=fatskia;75268069]Tim may not have been the best dancer, but he scores 10 for his exit.
    Beautifully expressed what his time on the show meant to him and I'm very pleased that he is taking that very worthwhile experience to his heart. Nice to see someone with the right approach and another great showing from Natalie who was the biggest part of making his time on the show enjoyable.[/QUOTE]

...........and it's a 10 from me too. What a star!!
  • Options
    CallmepitstopCallmepitstop Posts: 3,457
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I'm not ashamed to say I was pretty sniffly myself :(

A true gent, and a sincerely nice man :)
  • Options
    lizzie_mofflizzie_moff Posts: 64
    Forum Member
    Truly a gentleman, gracious without a doubt, wish there could be more guys like Tim. :D
  • Options
    CallmepitstopCallmepitstop Posts: 3,457
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Can't remember what Lulu did, but Jan Ravens burst out at Craig "I hope you're happy!!" and I'm quite sure he was.... ;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member

Nothing momentous but he gave a believably heartfelt speech about what a privilege it was to be asked on the show, how he has benefitted and paid tribute to Natilie. But he delivered it in a way that was articulate and sincere and best of all left Tess no room to deliver her trite platitudes.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Can't remember what Lulu did, but Jan Ravens burst out at Craig "I hope you're happy!!" and I'm quite sure he was.... ;-)

Oh yes, I'd forgotten that :D I expect Lulu's departure was just as gracious :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,340
    Forum Member

Jan Ravens shouted 'Are you happy now?' at Craig and apparently there were words exchanged in the bar afterwards.

Bloody Lulu basically shook Brendan off in the farewell dance and did a feisty dance on her own in a way that expressed her sheer contempt for him and made it clear she blamed him for her departure. It was hilarious and cringeworthy at the same time.
  • Options
    mirandawebmirandaweb Posts: 3,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought Tim was lovely. A true gentleman.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Nothing momentous but he gave a believably heartfelt speech about what a privilege it was to be asked on the show, how he has benefitted and paid tribute to Natilie. But he delivered it in a way that was articulate and sincere and best of all left Tess no room to deliver her trite platitudes.

He's a lovely gent. I really liked the partnership with Natalie, they obviously loved working together and thought highly of each other. Shame it wasn't Scott in the dance off instead.
  • Options
    IzzieStarIzzieStar Posts: 21,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jan Ravens shouted 'Are you happy now?' at Craig and apparently there were words exchanged in the bar afterwards.

Bloody Lulu basically shook Brendan off in the farewell dance and did a feisty dance on her own in a way that expressed her sheer contempt for him and made it clear she blamed him for her departure. It was hilarious and cringeworthy at the same time.

From memory, she thanked everybody involved with the show except for Brendan too! He looked relieved to be rid of her, and I can't blame him. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member

Thanks for the info :) I wonder if it's on YouTube :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    He's a lovely gent. I really liked the partnership with Natalie, they obviously loved working together and thought highly of each other. Shame it wasn't Scott in the dance off instead.

Sorry I misunderstood your earlier question.:blush: Please pass it off to a blurry screen owing to somewhat misty eyes. :cry::)