DTC please sign up Kathy Burke

dazza89dazza89 Posts: 13,909
Forum Member
✭✭
Watching her on Gogglebox now, she is one of my favourite actresses and is not on TV enough. DTC has managed to secure some very good names for EE up till now, Danny Dyer, Maria Freeman etc so Kathy Burke should be next. I could easily of see her playing a long lost Slater and would fit well alongside Jessie Wallace. Even if it wasn't a permanent stint as I doubt Kathy would want to do that but even a guest stint would be great. Come on DTC make it happen :)

Comments

• zerotheherozerothehero Posts: 21,830
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Please DTC make kathy a slater :D
  • Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think she's quit acting so very doubtful.
  • 0...00...0 Posts: 21,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She could play another teenage Carter, Perry?
  • Joey15811Joey15811 Posts: 15,426
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dazza89 wrote: »
    Watching her on Gogglebox now, she is one of my favourite actresses and is not on TV enough. DTC has managed to secure some very good names for EE up till now, Danny Dyer, Maria Freeman etc so Kathy Burke should be next. I could easily of see her playing a long lost Slater and would fit well alongside Jessie Wallace. Even if it wasn't a permanent stint as I doubt Kathy would want to do that but even a guest stint would be great. Come on DTC make it happen :)

Why not make her violets daughter? Not much been mentioned about her on screen so maybe we should finally meet her and her offspring at some point. If violet just lived miles away it would
    Make sense why she has not appeared before :)
  • Shazla09Shazla09 Posts: 29,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's a Corrie bird according to her stint on Gogglebox now
  • O-JO-J Posts: 18,849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sw2963 wrote: »
    She's a Corrie bird according to her stint on Gogglebox now

I've been thinking Gogglebox was some sort of Freesat Box made by Google. :blush:
  • Chris MarkChris Mark Posts: 4,897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Imagine her and Danny Dyer on set, you could feed an entire country with the amount of money put into the swearing box.
  • HarloweHarlowe Posts: 20,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She don't act much nowadays last I heard she does directing, fab actress, doubt she would.
  • julie_tredgoldjulie_tredgold Posts: 508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I had heard she was directing and had some health problems , she would be an absolute asset to eastenders , amazing actress
  • BadLadAshBadLadAsh Posts: 28,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've always wanted her to be in EE, she would be great as a Slater or a relation to Mo.
  • ScrabblerScrabbler Posts: 51,264
    Forum Member
    I dont want her in Eastenders tbh, I just dont think its the right vehicle for her.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She would never do it full time, she has kind of giving up on acting and just chooses to do small parts now. I am also unsure how she would work in Eastenders. I had it when they cast an actor before they have really come up with the character and that is what they would do for Kathy Burke.
  • alienpandaalienpanda Posts: 9,444
    Forum Member
    She could play a recast Lynne Slater
  • Pink_SmurfPink_Smurf Posts: 6,883
    Forum Member
    If she wanted to be in Eastenders I think she would have auditioned before now. Don't get me wrong I would LOVE to see her in EE but it seems she isn't up for it.
  • KieranDSKieranDS Posts: 16,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Loved seeing her on Gogglebox last night.

Would love her to be in EastEnders, even for a short stint.
  • Dr K NoisewaterDr K Noisewater Posts: 11,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She'd be perfect as Mo's daughter and Kat's auntie. Her name was previously mentioned as being Jean but they could easily change that to avoid confusion with Jean Slater.

Kathy is a very big name but I thought Maria Friedman was too big for EE and she's now playing Elaine so anything is possible.
  • coolercooler Posts: 13,024
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Was the celeb version of Gogglebox not scripted? I heard that for the regular version they give the families a script to follow so they aren't their natural reactions to the programmes they are watching.
  • stellersstellers Posts: 916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Brilliant actress!:)
  • intoxicationintoxication Posts: 7,059
    Forum Member
    Only if she is in the show as Linda La Hughes!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Isn't it strange how most of us have said she should be a Slater.
  • Chris MarkChris Mark Posts: 4,897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BadLadAsh wrote: »
    Isn't it strange how most of us have said she should be a Slater.

It's because she plays loud, common women so well. All the Slater women are loud and common. ;-):D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chris Mark wrote: »
    It's because she plays loud, common women so well. All the Slater women are loud and common. ;-):D

Lol you do have a point :D
  • Miss_MooMiss_Moo Posts: 8,997
    Forum Member
    Maybe Perry Fenwick could convince her, they're really good friends and a certain 'Perry' was named after him.
  • OhWhenTheSaintsOhWhenTheSaints Posts: 12,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Double post
  • OhWhenTheSaintsOhWhenTheSaints Posts: 12,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes please. Bring her in as Linda La Hughes

Johnny: That'll be £3.20 please
    Linda (La Hughes): *Points at Johnny* OH DON'T LISTEN'A 'IM, HE'S ONE OF THEM 'OMOS!