Lady Gaga - ARTPOP (4th studio album)

Comments

• cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    mimicole wrote: »
    The first song of hers called "Fashion" is a guilty pleasure of mine. :)

The one from the Confessions of a Shopaholic soundtrack?
  • matty_andersonmatty_anderson Posts: 647
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think there is a deluxe edition for ARTPOP and I'm happy about that! The 15 tracks on ARTPOP is enough for now!
  • Daily DreamsDaily Dreams Posts: 1,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't even express my excitement for this album now :D I need to hear Venus too!
  • LMLM Posts: 63,474
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think there is a deluxe edition for ARTPOP and I'm happy about that! The 15 tracks on ARTPOP is enough for now!

Same
    I am getting a bit sick of deluxe editions at the moment anyway
  • Diane_RobDiane_Rob Posts: 1,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't mind a repackage if it has 7 or 8 more songs (like The Fame Monster) but when artists just bung 2/3 new songs on, there's no point.
  • Pele-thefiregoddessPele-thefiregoddess Posts: 6,170
    Forum Member
    I still regard fame monster as a follow up album - rightly or wrongly :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Same. The 8 songs from Fame monster don't really go with The Fame to be classed as an entire album.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,003
    Forum Member
    Same. The 8 songs from Fame monster don't really go with The Fame to be classed as an entire album.

Technicalities aside, it seems daft to group TFM with TF considering it's 8 track length, 3 singles, new look and sound, own tour, distribution as a stand alone EP, and the fact it won a freaking Grammy as an album.

It also makes any talk of a "sophomore slump" redundant because the whole point of that phrase is to refer to an artist struggling to follow up their debut effort. Gaga followed up her first album with a new batch of music that made her even more successful. Whether it was technically an LP or not is beside the point - the term is about material, not format.
  • wilpeepwilpeep Posts: 256
    Forum Member
    Gaga herself considers TFM a separate album in its own right and that's really all I need to know. How it was marketed is only relevant if you're talking about record sales. The fact the artist herself considers it her second LP is enough for me.
  • So 3008So 3008 Posts: 2,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The deluxe edition JayPee talked about has reappeared - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Artpop-Deluxe-Lady-Gaga/dp/B00EW9GQR6/ref=zg_bsms_music_7.
  • elasticloveelasticlove Posts: 18,257
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So 3008 wrote: »
    The deluxe edition JayPee talked about has reappeared - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Artpop-Deluxe-Lady-Gaga/dp/B00EW9GQR6/ref=zg_bsms_music_7.

I was hoping for an alternate art. :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've ordered both versions, I only do that with artists I REALLY like.
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    So 3008 wrote: »

Interesting but I don't know yet if the deluxe will be worth it. If it has extra songs then yes it will be, but if it only has a few remixes then I won't bother. I only bother with deluxe versions of they have extra songs on them.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wonder if the deluxe will feature the ARTPOP documentary she is meant to have done with Terry richardson. Although she may likely save that for a television premiere.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's no hint of a deluxe edition on Amazon US - but there is a censored version.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    'ARTPOP' digitally is being 'mastered' for iTunes so that means it's slightly (barely noticeable) tweaked to sound better on iPhone/iPod etc. Thought I'd give people this exciting nugget of info :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Also some potentially big news that hasn't been discussed yet - didn't Gaga hint on twitter last night that the second volume of ARTPOP was (for now at least :rolleyes:) still happening?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it could happen, similar to TFM but I think it will depend on sales of 'AP' first. Isn't sales always priority thesedays? :(
  • SemieroticSemierotic Posts: 11,131
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    'Deluxe' versions are such an obvious cash-grab. If it's your first time buying the album then fine, but buying it AFTER purchasing the normal one is ridiculous.
    Forum Member
    A second volume is smart, IMO.

If Vol.1 does well, she'll be following it up with a one-two punch, a la TFM. If Vol.1 struggles, then they'll need a quick turn around for damage control.

Release it same time next year with the lead debuting at the VMAs again, which gives Vol.1 time for 4 singles. Then tour alongside the Vol.2 campaign.

Plus, I feel that after ARTPOP she should move in a new direction...so it makes sense for her to milk the era before a break and returning with a different sound.
  • tim18tim18 Posts: 737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wonder what her next era would sound like? Rock pop? I hope not.

Venus needs to smash more than applause in order to really sell the album, if her album would be slated as a flop by the press. Which would be totally unfair! Nicki minajs last albums didnt sell well at all!
    Forum Member
    Gaga's held to very different standards. People blame it on stan overhyping (which all stans do...) but the reality is that we expect more from her. Gaga couldn't release a song like Roar, she couldn't release an annual filler album like Rihanna, she couldn't get away with not having a hit in years like Beyonce etc.

Nobody cares that Rihanna has more flops than Gaga does singles, or that Katy can't even outsell Gaga's "flop" album despite a colossal 3 year campaign of hits. If she has one flop single, shes over. It's all so melodramatic. If ARTPOP struggles then she may as well be collecting food stamps.
  • Rae_AmuryRae_Amury Posts: 588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gaga's held to very different standards. People blame it on stan overhyping (which all stans do...) but the reality is that we expect more from her. Gaga couldn't release a song like Roar, she couldn't release an annual filler album like Rihanna, she couldn't get away with not having a hit in years like Beyonce etc.

Nobody cares that Rihanna has more flops than Gaga does singles, or that Katy can't even outsell Gaga's "flop" album despite a colossal 3 year campaign of hits. If she has one flop single, shes over. It's all so melodramatic. If ARTPOP struggles then she may as well be collecting food stamps.

Lol

There are actually no big differences between Katy Perry, Beyonce, Rihanna or Gaga in quality of their music (no matter how much involved they are in the creation, I'm comparing only the results). Generally they are measured by the same standards, belong into the same category of artists and rightly so.
  • anteroantero Posts: 5,547
    Forum Member

This is so true. Gaga can't win, she needs to be on top form 24/7 for some people to even consider her "doing alright"
  • Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't like the sly shade being thrown at Katy. Teenage Dream sold the exact same amount, if not more than Born This Way did in America and that was with massive selling hit singles to boot. Gaga couldn't match that. Katy by all accounts did the double by having both her singles and album sell and she set billboard records by it, so trying to down play her just looks foolish. Even more so now Katy is starting to have bigger success outside of America as well as continuing to set records within America. Katy is showing no signs at all of slowing down...

My advice. Don't make statements that might come back to bite you on the ass.