Things you cant stand?

enudzioenudzio Posts: 2,932
Forum Member
✭✭✭
like a TV show or a song or a singer or a band etc, what can you not stand?

Comments

• Stuart25Stuart25 Posts: 12,217
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TOWIE or anything related >:(
  • jjwalesjjwales Posts: 48,566
    Forum Member
    Any TV "talent show" with screaming audiences.
  • Keyser_Soze1Keyser_Soze1 Posts: 25,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Any form of 'Reality' or 'Celebrity' crap. I have never seen any of them. Also 'Gangsta Rap' a load of appallingly violent misogynistic drivel. >:(
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Repeat topics
  • exlordlucanexlordlucan Posts: 35,375
    Forum Member
    wire brushes.
  • CreamteaCreamtea Posts: 14,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Most other people.
  • Lou KellyLou Kelly Posts: 2,778
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The sound of teeth grinding. My OH does it so I have to wear earplugs when in bed. Cuts through me like a knife :(
  • bbclassicsbbclassics Posts: 7,806
    Forum Member
    My next door neighbours, their tv must be on the other side of the wall to my bed. They watch tv EVERY morning at 9AM onwards extremely loudly. Was woken up today at 8am on a Sunday, gonna have a word with them tomorrow cus its getting ridiculous, and nobody needs to watch tv that much seriously.
  • realwalesrealwales Posts: 3,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    - People who go out to deliberately get drunk. I like a social drink and a chat, but know my limits and take responsibility for my actions. I can't stand loud, sometimes aggressive drunk people in pubs/bars/clubs. I also hate the way otherwise likeable people turn into complete morons after a few drinks.

- Celebrities who are famous for nothing. We should 'celebrate' talent. Not reality TV nobodies.

- People who don't care much about the world beyond their jobs and their immediate circle of friends.

- TV studio audiences who scream, whereas 20 or 30 years ago applause was the normal way to signal approval.

- The way so many of today's young people say 'love' when they mean 'like' and 'hate' when they mean 'dislike'. The same people have a tendency to overreact to everything.

- The way so many of today's 20 somethings and even 30 somethings behave as though they are much younger. It's especially worrying when they have children of their own.

- Being told by an insurance/utilities/etc company that they'll call me back the next working day to rectify a problem, but never do. What they mean is, "I don't have a solution to this problem, so I'll fob you off and pretend this call didn't happen. Then you can call back, get through to someone else, and they can deal with it." Do other people experience this as well?

- The way general standards of behaviour have slipped in Britain, very gradually, from around the early 1990s onwards. The Britain of today is a much more coarse and vulgar place than it was then.
  • NX-74205NX-74205 Posts: 4,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    enudzio wrote: »
    Things you cant stand?

A sheet of A1 paper (without folding it).
  • macsmurraymacsmurray Posts: 2,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't stand a two legged barstool.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 204
    Forum Member
    NX-74205 wrote: »
    A sheet of A1 paper (without folding it).

Hahaha!

Shania Twain
  • BastardBeaverBastardBeaver Posts: 11,903
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Getting caught out.
  • izanamiizanami Posts: 2,788
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People.
  • ArcanaArcana Posts: 37,521
    Forum Member
    Torture
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,334
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ...on water. :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,182
    Forum Member
    TV show: Splash. Admittedly I only caught a glimpse of it, but what I did see drove me to some sort of despair. How on Earth did that thing get commissioned?

Music: One direction/Bieber. Mainly it's the hoard of fans that celebrate these talent-less morons. If their music was even half decent, it wouldn't be so bad that they exist. From what I can tell though, they are there just to make teenage girls wet.
  • AvinAGiraffeAvinAGiraffe Posts: 481
    Forum Member
    That raised-eyebrow pouty duck-face thing that teenage (and younger) girls do on Facebook and Instagram.
  • HogzillaHogzilla Posts: 24,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Weddings. (Don't mind a good funeral though).

Football. And two of my sons are football crazy - it is so boring to walk into the living room and yet again they are watching some orange man saying banalities like "What they really needed there was to score more goals".

James Corden.
  • shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    People who push doors shut instead of turning the handle.

The noise that is made when people push doors shut without turning the handle.
  • clarky323clarky323 Posts: 10,867
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't stand when People create numerous 'thing you can't stand' threads.

you are clearly very bored ;)
  • CherumanCheruman Posts: 754
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    close to Sting
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Any show about Essex, Gypsies, brides, Geordies or the lives of celebrities or pointless people such as Honey Boo Boo. Also Big Brother.
  • WoodsMonkWoodsMonk Posts: 6,462
    Forum Member
    People! That's why I'm an [online] troll!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I cant stand ungrateful people. You spend money on them, and they dont even like to say thank you or even just thanks. I dont expect the world when I take a mate out for lunch, all I expect is for them to take a second of their life to at least just say 'Thanks'. Learnt the hard way in terms of bank balance that some people are just not worth it.