Options

Luckiest team ever Manchester United !

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 478
    Forum Member
    "Bellamy scores at 89:55, after the four minutes were signalled. Play wasn't restarted until 91:01 (1:06 time wasted). We won a corner, Anderson was subbed for Carrick (30 seconds). That gives us a total of 1:36 over the original four, and Owen scored at 95:28 (ie 8 seconds short of this)."

So, no.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Had a feeling this thread might have grown a bit since I went out ! ;):D

What I would like to ask the conspiracy theorists though is whether they actually have any statistical analysis to prove that any team is being favoured. For example if a further two minutes of injury time has happened in Man Utd matches much more than let's say Wigan matches, or whether it's similar - it's easy to simply state Utd often score in injury time ( of course they do they have top class players coming off the bench against tired defenders ) but are they actually being given that opportunity more often or is it simply more noticeable because they manage to score ?

P.S. Just noticed nick334's post which gives a pretty good analysis of this particular incident but I'm wondering if anyone has similar for other instances
  • Options
    batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A.B.U. wrote: »
    Exactly, even the WWF is less fixed than this bullcrap!!!!!!! :mad:

Are you still living in 2001?? :confused:

Unless you mean the World Wildlife Fund??

Oh you mean the WWE??? Do you?? They changed their name in 2001, so keep up! :D:D

If you want to make a stupid statement, at least make one that is up-to-date! :D:D:D:D
  • Options
    fab cescfab cesc Posts: 19,196
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AaronG wrote: »
    If a team takes up 90 seconds of injury time celebrating a goal, why is it a big issue that the goal is scored 90 seconds over the original alloted injury time?

The ref was probably right to allow the amount of extra time that he did, my problem is consistancy due to the amount of times it doesn't happen. There are tons of examples where a team scores in injury time yet there is no extra time added to the original amount. Take the arsenal game this week, i know it wasn't a close game that could have gone either way but that shouldn't make the slightest difference to the amount of time added, in the 2nd half there was 6 goals and 2 yellow cards which should be at least 3 minutes of injury time. Just over 3 minutes of injury time were played so according to the ref there was only a couple of seconds between us scoring and play restarting for each of our 3 goals :(.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Oh and another thing. There is no written law that states only Manchester United Football Club are the only team allowed to attack and TRY TO WIN THE GAME in injury time. Other clubs can try as well. Not our fault every team cowers away at the end of the game.
  • Options
    drexel75drexel75 Posts: 72
    Forum Member
    mel1213 wrote: »
    But that didn't happen.

Look, 4 minutes was added on. Bellamy then went on to score the equalizer on 89 minutes, and celebrated for about 2 minutes. That meant that the 4 minutes of extra time started from the point at which his celebrations ended and the game restarted ... however the little clock on the TV screen doesn't stop running, so it read 96 minutes. So while the clock makes it look like 6 minutes had been played, only 4 of those minutes had been actual playing time, the first 2 being taken up by Bellamy's celebration.

4 minutes was shown after the game restarted. So the game should have finished at 94 minutes not when it eventually did which was 16 seconds after the restart from United's fourth goal. By the way a minute is meant to be added on for a goal scored in injury time, so maybe the game ended 44 seconds early.
    We had a discussion the other day on another forum about what would happen if United were not winning at 89 minutes and the general consensus was that enough time would be added on to let United win. How sad that this was proven to be correct.
    The fourth official pushed Hughes away when he tried to moan about the excess added time yet 30 seconds later was pissing himself laughing with Ferguson.
  • Options
    TinpotTinpot Posts: 2,731
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They're not lucky. They're fighers. It's the same reason they've been the dominant team in England for 20 years.

Hope this helps.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    drexel75 wrote: »
    4 minutes was shown after the game restarted. So the game should have finished at 94 minutes not when it eventually did which was 16 seconds after the restart from United's fourth goal. By the way a minute is meant to be added on for a goal scored in injury time, so maybe the game ended 44 seconds early.
    We had a discussion the other day on another forum about what would happen if United were not winning at 89 minutes and the general consensus was that enough time would be added on to let United win. How sad that this was proven to be correct.
    The fourth official pushed Hughes away when he tried to moan about the excess added time yet 30 seconds later was pissing himself laughing with Ferguson.
    So after the board has been put up with injury time on it, there is no more time to be counted? So even if there are 2 goals and 2 subs, 10 free kicks and 5 corners; once it gets to 94:00 the game should stop. Even if the ball was only in play for around a minute? (I'm not describing this game, just theoretically).
  • Options
    drexel75drexel75 Posts: 72
    Forum Member
    Don't be ridiculous. What I'm saying is that there was nothing in the extra time to warrant adding on an additional three minutes.
  • Options
    Red OkktoberRed Okktober Posts: 10,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The 30 seconds added time for a substitution has to be one of the daftest in football. As the TV commentator said at the time of man utd's late substitution ' the only reason I can think why they are doing this is to gain additional time from the allocated 30 seconds'

The only thing that actually takes any time in a substutution is how long it takes for the exiting player to leave the pitch - he would have to be at the futhestmost point on the pitch from where the new player was coming on and walk with the speed of a sloth for it to take him 30 seconds

Also, a substitution can only occur when the ball is dead - and restarting the game takes several seconds minimum anyway - particually for a corner or free kick, when central defenders will make their way into the oppositions penalty box (a longer distance than a player making his way to the dugout to be substituted from anywhere on the pitch) - so why any added time for a substitution at all?

In any case, the ref has this thing on him called a 'stopwatch' - which would enable him to add time on to exactly match the time it took for the substituted player to leave the pitch - as opposed to this nice round figure of 30 seconds, which is open to abuse - as displayed by man utd today. I'm not blaming them for doing it - but it does leave a sour taste in the mouth when it is really an unnecessary rule to have in the first place
  • Options
    Red OkktoberRed Okktober Posts: 10,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mark Hughes is claiming the man city celebrations were timed at 45 seconds and not over a minute
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awk is he?

Not such a big man now is he. :)

He can certainly talk the talk. . .but apparently we haven't replaced Ronaldo or Tevez suitably.

He was wrong. :D
  • Options
    peter3hgpeter3hg Posts: 3,176
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mark Hughes is claiming the man city celebrations were timed at 45 seconds and not over a minute

1 minute for goal (standard rule) + 30 seconds for sub + 4 minutes injury time = 5:30. Simples.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chelsea just got away with giving a penalty to Spurs (ref said no penalty).

Where are the "Chelsea luckiest team ever!" threads?!

They've also scored alot of late goals this season for their wins. Only their first two matches were spectacular. . .so where are the threads?!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    aaronon wrote: »
    Chelsea just got away with giving a penalty to Spurs (ref said no penalty).

Where are the "Chelsea luckiest team ever!" threads?!

They've also scored alot of late goals this season for their wins. Only their first two matches were spectacular. . .so where are the threads?!

Dunno, maybe you should start one !

Anyway I'll be delighted when someone starts a Liverpool are the luckiest team ever thread - cause that will mean we're winning often enough for others to be worried about us ! :eek: :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You think like that. . .and that's the way I think about it. . .but people can never just say "well done, you were pegged back three times, and still fought to the death even after giving away stupid stupid stupid goals".

You can't just come on and enjoy a victory - a Derby victory - in this place without hoards of ABU's spouting rubbish. :(
  • Options
    MojoMasterMojoMaster Posts: 6,494
    Forum Member
    HAHAHA, I love jealous fans.

Ooooooh, we didn't have to play against the "in form" striker, Adebayor, lmao.

It's the first time he has ever been "in-form" in his entire time in the permier league.

Man Utd gifted Man City their goals, and deserved to win.
  • Options
    The RatThe Rat Posts: 6,048
    Forum Member
    AaronG wrote: »
    So Man City were prevented from playing in the extra time thereafter then were they Dave Dave?

Lol, what a silly comment.
    aaronon wrote: »
    Oh I see. . .added time is absolute? . . .even if a goal is scored AFTER the amount of time added on had been taken into account before celebrations or substitutions?

Wrong.

Nope, and nowhere is anyone is suggesting this is the case, it is flexible in line with the laws of the game.
    mel1213 wrote: »
    But that didn't happen.

Look, 4 minutes was added on. Bellamy then went on to score the equalizer on 89 minutes, and celebrated for about 2 minutes. That meant that the 4 minutes of extra time started from the point at which his celebrations ended and the game restarted ... however the little clock on the TV screen doesn't stop running, so it read 96 minutes. So while the clock makes it look like 6 minutes had been played, only 4 of those minutes had been actual playing time, the first 2 being taken up by Bellamy's celebration.

Where in Law 7 does it state that time lost should be added for goal restarts or celebrations? The only instance which may apply to the Bellamy celebrations according to Law 7 is when lost time can be added where there is time wasting, in which case those wasting time should be booked IAW Law 12 - can I asked was anyone booked for time wasting after Bellamy's goal?

So by the letter of the law, it was 4 minutes plus 30 seconds for the sub, that takes us to 94.30 and we got 96.58 minutes with Owen scoring after 95.28. Ultimately, Law 7 puts this down to referee discretion, which says it all really.

Dave
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The Rat wrote: »
    Lol, what a silly comment.

Nope, and nowhere is anyone is suggesting this is the case, it is flexible in line with the laws of the game.

Where in Law 7 does it state that time lost should be added for goal restarts or celebrations? The only instance which may apply to the Bellamy celebrations according to Law 7 is when lost time can be added where there is time wasting, in which case those wasting time should be booked IAW Law 12 - can I asked was anyone booked for time wasting after Bellamy's goal?

So by the letter of the law, it was 4 minutes plus 30 seconds for the sub, that takes us to 94.30 and we got 96.58 minutes with Owen scoring after 95.28. Ultimately, Law 7 puts this down to referee discretion, which says it all really.

Dave

My word, you must be really upset about the result!

LMAOOOOOOOOOO!!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The ref is only meant to add 30 seconds for a goal...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 311
    Forum Member
    It's not what you spend it's who you buy.........city could do with a couple of full backs to stop crosses, and two centre backs to defend corners.........it's only money
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 311
    Forum Member
    jimbo_79 wrote: »
    The ref is only meant to add 30 seconds for a goal...

Not if it takes 66 seconds to restart the game.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, I think 30 secs is the general rule regardless of how long the celebrations take.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    No, I think 30 secs is the general rule regardless of how long the celebrations take.

It's called Karma.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No.

Minimum amount of time is 30 seconds, clearly more time deserved to be added on due to City's celebrations. The ref made the right decision and City got what they deserved for celebrating like the won the European Cup.
This discussion has been closed.