Options

Cheryl is making a big mistake

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 882
Forum Member
✭✭
releasing Ghetto Baby as her next single. If she wants to save the Million Lights era she should have put out Screw You or Sexy Dena Mutha next. I don't see good things for this single.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 340
    Forum Member
    dory353 wrote: »
    releasing Ghetto Baby as her next single. If she wants to save the Million Lights era she should have put out Screw You or Sexy Dena Mutha next. I don't see good things for this single.

It isn't a single.The video is due to fans asking for it.
  • Options
    KieranDSKieranDS Posts: 16,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She isn't releasing it.
  • Options
    Dave0893Dave0893 Posts: 13,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah basically as the others have said, it doesn't appear to be a single.

I think if she plans on releasing more material from it then it should be Sexy Den A Mutha next.
  • Options
    Eric_BlobEric_Blob Posts: 7,756
    Forum Member
    As others have mentioned, having a music video doesn't mean a song is a single. Loads of artists (especially urban ones) release videos for album tracks.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,452
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why does she ALWAYS release only 2 singles from each album!???
  • Options
    Dave0893Dave0893 Posts: 13,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Musick1 wrote: »

She released three from 3 Words and we don't know if she is done releasing music from this album. She may have just made this video to bridge that gap before she puts another single out when Girls Aloud are done.
  • Options
    DizagaoxDizagaox Posts: 4,733
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sexy Den A Mutha should be her next single.
  • Options
    Andrew_DuncanAndrew_Duncan Posts: 1,715
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The only mistake Cheryl is making is reuniting with Girls Aloud. Although she's my least favourite member and the worst vocally after Kimberly she should have stuck to her solo career because lets face it, this Girls Aloud reunion isn't going as great as it should be. She should have released Sexy Den A Mutha as her second single not Under The Sun but it should have been the third single released by now. And then Screw You as the 3rd/4th. There wont be any saving this album anyhow, too much time has passed.
  • Options
    HelloRainHelloRain Posts: 1,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cheryl's mistake was thinking she could cut it as a solo artist. Media hype for being the 'nation's sweetheart' is the only reason she's even been moderately successful with her terrible 'music'. She's got nothing about her - no charisma, no star presence, just a sullen, moody bitchy girl. It's a downward slide from here on for her.
  • Options
    Carly_ThompsonCarly_Thompson Posts: 2,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know what her label are playing at with the new album. I've never been a fan of Cheryl or Girls Aloud's music but I actually think Screw You and Sexy Den A Mutha have "hit" written all over them. But she's leaving it too long between her last single (which hardlies set the charts on fire) and the next one. I know she's had the reunion but she needs to get a move on and release a third single!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dory353 wrote: »
    Sexy Dena Mutha

That's a name of a song?? lol
  • Options
    mooneusmooneus Posts: 543
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Ghetto Baby would be an excellent single choice, to me it's screaming with credibility
  • Options
    KieranDSKieranDS Posts: 16,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    HelloRain wrote: »
    Cheryl's mistake was thinking she could cut it as a solo artist. Media hype for being the 'nation's sweetheart' is the only reason she's even been moderately successful with her terrible 'music'. She's got nothing about her - no charisma, no star presence, just a sullen, moody bitchy girl. It's a downward slide from here on for her.

She has cut it as a solo artist though...
  • Options
    HelloRainHelloRain Posts: 1,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KieranDS wrote: »
    She has cut it as a solo artist though...

Cutting it as a solo artist on her own terms - I'm not sure. Her success was heavily based on the exposure she got from the X Factor and the fawning, adoring media coverage for the 'nation's sweetheart' back in 2008-10. Interest in her has dropped since she's left the X Factor and as result, her sales have also suffered. Watch how her next album does...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,452
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dave0893 wrote: »
    She released three from 3 Words and we don't know if she is done releasing music from this album. She may have just made this video to bridge that gap before she puts another single out when Girls Aloud are done.

What 3 Songs??
  • Options
    rivercity_rulesrivercity_rules Posts: 24,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What 3 Songs??

Fight For This Love
    3 Words
    Parachute
  • Options
    Stupid_HeadStupid_Head Posts: 37,826
    Forum Member
    When are Girls Aloud over so Nicola can work on her follow up album? I loved Cinderella's Eyes.
  • Options
    CollieWobblesCollieWobbles Posts: 27,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Solo artist? Mime artist more like. Pretty to look at yes, but she can't carry a tune to save her life, look at the mess she made at the diamond jubilee. Surely to be a singer you have to be able to sing? If I was a singer, I would be pretty annoyed that I was bothering to do it properly, whilst someone kept getting fawned over when they could barely hold a note. On top of that fact, she has no screen presence whatsoever, never interacts with her audience like others do. Possibly because she's too busy concentrating on miming properly:rolleyes:.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

She had 3 from her debut album, i assume they gave up on MLR after the second single under performed altho i think the album itself did well & i think AML is her lowest seller (i think) its only at 100k in sales? so i`m not surprised she only released two songs altho from what i have heard there are 1 or 2 more tracks that are single worthy from it i can`t see her carry on releasing songs from it now unless a re release next year after the GA tour has wrapped.