Options

Could Andrea do a James Arthur ???

Comments

• Options
    Speak-SoftlySpeak-Softly Posts: 24,737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He'll get a big rebound vote - possibly carrying him to the final.

If he gets 'Heartless' and does the same version as Samantha Jade - he's won!

Not a chance.

People are actually beginning to listen and are beginning to hear what some of us have been hearing for weeks.

He sings with no musicality and overall his performances are a mess.
    Yes he has a good voice but he doesn't know how to use it, he uses tricks and gimmicks rather than connecting with the songs and often the tone he is producing is unpleasant and doesn't fit within the performance at all.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 350
    Forum Member
    JazzyJaney wrote: »
    James Arthur is now one of the most hated / infamous X Factor contestants of all time. He's destroyed his career. He's homophobic and constantly picking fights on twitter. Celebrities hate him.

Andrea Faustini is liked by everyone who he meets, and is a lovely man. Celebs are queuing up to endorse him. Sam Smith, Ed Sheeran, Labrinth...I could go on.

To say he's more 'appealing' literally beggars belief to me.

James Arthur wasn't hated at the time he was on the show though. At the time he was on X Factor I think he was far more appealing than Andrea is now. He had a certain sex appeal for women (remember Tulisa gushing over him every week) and had a certain bad boy rock vibe. Andrea had neither of these things. While Andrea may well have a better voice he is less of an all-round star and has put in a lot of very average performances since week 1
  • Options
    Patti-AnnPatti-Ann Posts: 22,747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not a chance.

People are actually beginning to listen and are beginning to hear what some of us have been hearing for weeks.

He sings with no musicality and overall his performances are a mess.
    Yes he has a good voice but he doesn't know how to use it, he uses tricks and gimmicks rather than connecting with the songs and often the tone he is producing is unpleasant and doesn't fit within the performance at all.

They have a vocal coach that should be dealing with things like that - correcting any problems :kitty:
  • Options
    Speak-SoftlySpeak-Softly Posts: 24,737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Patti-Ann wrote: »
    They have a vocal coach that should be dealing with things like that - correcting any problems :kitty:

I think he is too arrogant to listen.

Every week just after he sings, there's a moment before he plasters on the "look at me aren't I lovely and cuddly smile". He has a look of calculated intelligence and smugness that he can't hide, it's the default.

The persona we are seeing doesn't add up to what we know he has done.
    Turned his back on competing in the Italian X factor, where he was through, to come to the UK because the program is a bigger launchpad.

Shy, nervous??
    How does that sit with somebody who has that amount of confidence?

Unless, of course, he was head hunted?
    But then that still leaves big questions about who he really is.

This is all IMO of course, but he has never sat well with me and the warbling just cements my dislike.:blush::D
  • Options
    MaksonMakson Posts: 30,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    James Arthur had much more room to grow though, more versatility...
    I think Andrea is bound by his "diva" reputation and will it tough to break the shackles and the public perception of him as "that Italian guy who only does those big diva ballads"
  • Options
    StarryNight1983StarryNight1983 Posts: 4,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tanky wrote: »
    I feel that the momentum has shifted from Andrea to Fleur because if you notice the reaction of the judges, you can see their comments are much more "better" for Fleur than Andrea. You still have many people basing their votes on the judges opinions.

That is so true!!

You could listen to someone singing a Whitney song and they sounded like a downed rat but Simon would turn round and say "that was brilliant you really showed how versatile you are and I believe you will go far in this comp" and people would vote for them for that reason!!
  • Options
    EvilredzebraEvilredzebra Posts: 16,162
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love Andrea and he is my favourite to win. But for the last couple of weeks my free votes have been going to Stevi for a laugh. They'll go back to Andrea now. I might not be the only one.

He could get the win on the "stick it to Simon" vote as he relentlessly pimps mediocre Fleur and Octocrap. I actually think that the more he does that, and the more he digs away at Andrea and, to a lesser extent, Lauren, the one who will sneak through and nick it is Ben - although based on this weekend's performance he should have left the competition as he was awful.
  • Options
    MysteriousOzMysteriousOz Posts: 6,230
    Forum Member
    I think he has a good shot now, any Fleur fan will tell you he is a one trick pony or forgettable but he will get the rebound vote next week and has pretty much assured himself a final spot
  • Options
    IsThisHappinessIsThisHappiness Posts: 7,580
    Forum Member
    I think he has a good shot now, any Fleur fan will tell you he is a one trick pony or forgettable but he will get the rebound vote next week and has pretty much assured himself a final spot

People say its because hes boring or whatever. But the majority of tweets, FB comments and general feel over all the blogs and what not is that people are shocked he's in the bottom 2, think its ridiculous hes in the bottom 2 - it seems to be pointing more towards complacency rather than anything else.
  • Options
    MysteriousOzMysteriousOz Posts: 6,230
    Forum Member
    People say its because hes boring or whatever. But the majority of tweets, FB comments and general feel over all the blogs and what not is that people are shocked he's in the bottom 2, think its ridiculous hes in the bottom 2 - it seems to be pointing more towards complacency rather than anything else.

Yeah definitely but probably a blessing in disguise :)

What surprised me was how many nasty comments I read on here about Andrea after the vote, after all those weeks being told people were being mean about Fleur. Total rubbish
  • Options
    IsThisHappinessIsThisHappiness Posts: 7,580
    Forum Member
    Yeah definitely but probably a blessing in disguise :)

What surprised me was how many nasty comments I read on here about Andrea after the vote, after all those weeks being told people were being mean about Fleur. Total rubbish

It definitely feels like a blessing in disguise. The outrage of him being B2 leads to more votes next week - along with what could be a brilliant performance of 'Heartless'.

Yeah, you're absolutely right. I've been told by a lot of posters how I shouldnt comment anything negative about Ben, SK, Fleur or Lauren, but they all do it ten times worse about Andrea - bringing is weight into it.
  • Options
    delzdelz Posts: 1,189
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think he is too arrogant to listen.

Every week just after he sings, there's a moment before he plasters on the "look at me aren't I lovely and cuddly smile". He has a look of calculated intelligence and smugness that he can't hide, it's the default.

The persona we are seeing doesn't add up to what we know he has done.
    Turned his back on competing in the Italian X factor, where he was through, to come to the UK because the program is a bigger launchpad.

Shy, nervous??
    How does that sit with somebody who has that amount of confidence?

Unless, of course, he was head hunted?
    But then that still leaves big questions about who he really is.

This is all IMO of course, but he has never sat well with me and the warbling just cements my dislike.:blush::D

You just can't accept that he is a truly nice guy, does he threaten you that much? :confused: Are we so used to the TOWIE clones being thrown at us that you are actually suspicious of someone who is actually normal and down to earth. Don't you think if there was any 'dirt' on him they would have used it by now.
  • Options
    AmusedmooseAmusedmoose Posts: 1,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    delz wrote: »
    You just can't accept that he is a truly nice guy, does he threaten you that much? :confused: Are we so used to the TOWIE clones being thrown at us that you are actually suspicious of someone who is actually normal and down to earth. Don't you think if there was any 'dirt' on him they would have used it by now.

I agree, really getting tired of this now. You don't have to like him guys, the hate is just getting a bit much and it's for no good reason at all.
  • Options
    KrommKromm Posts: 6,180
    Forum Member
    Could Andrea do a James Arthur and go on to win ?
    James Arthur was in the bottom 2 week 7 (Same as Andrea) and went on to win,I hope Andrea does the same ! Was gutting seeing him in the bottom 2

Win and then have nobody buy his music?

Sure.

Andrea is all stupid emotional pulls, a "big" voice that's actually limited because there's no light and shade to it, and a sh@tty stage presence.

Maybe not the identical formula to Arthur (who was more overt cheese), but close enough. Either way, there's nothing for buyers to really latch onto.

Here's my advice to Simon's record company. If Andrea DOES somehow win, ready a Christmas album for next year (I know that's longer than they usually want to wait to release a winner's album, but I have some logic here). It's a form of music people automatically buy, which can do well on digital charts as well as conventional brick and mortar, and where being cheesy and pseudo-operatic can be displayed at advantage.

If you want to keep theoretical winner Andrea in the public eye before that, then quickly ready (after the show ends) a Valentine's Day over the top romantic song as a one-off, complete with cheesy video with a candle-lit set, choir backup singers, etc.

Otherwise? There's little else to do with this guy. You HAVE to aim for those cheesy venues.
  • Options
    Zidane82Zidane82 Posts: 6,899
    Forum Member
    James Arthur was far more appealing with a distinct voice and pop star quality so no

Are you serious ? More appealing to FGS ?
    He was and is an arrogant nobody who just got lucky . Thankfully his 20 minutes of fame are long gone.
  • Options
    Zidane82Zidane82 Posts: 6,899
    Forum Member
    No because Simon hates him and the prospect of him winning.

Watch Simon delighted with a sucessful takedown: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7r4QzUwHkPs&t=1m47s

Why would Simon hate him ? That's ridiculous . Nobody could hate Andrea for starters and Simon will make an absolute fortune in the UK / Italy / Europe if he wins.
  • Options
    _Zd_Phoenix__Zd_Phoenix_ Posts: 5,081
    Forum Member
    I don't think he can do a James Arthur at this point. He peaked way too early and tends to do the same performance every week, which means he's going to really struggle to have a 'wow' moment and put him back in the mix.

He's got the talent, but I feel he's not being guided well and it's being wasted.

That said, if he suddenly did switch it up and managed find a better groove, all bets would be off - it's not like there's anyone absolutely dominating.
  • Options
    KrommKromm Posts: 6,180
    Forum Member
    Zidane82 wrote: »
    Why wouid Asimov hate him ? That's ridiculous . Nobody could hate Andrea for starters and Simon will make an absolute fortune in the UK / Italy / Europe if he wins.

The only real hook for Andrea to make Sysco a fortune is if Italy is willing to gravitate to a winner NOT from their own domestic version of X-F. A winner who's voice ultimately is NOT that great if you compare him to other Italian singers in the same style, even if it goes over well with UK viewers who largely don't know better and who are reacting to a big sounding voice that's actually not that well executed.

In the UK itself, I think the only road to Andrea making Simon money is if you find deliberately cheesy avenues (I suggested already Valentine's Day with a cheesy candle lit performance with a choir and the Christmas following this one with a cheesy Christmas album). As a straight up pop star he has no chance. As a guest panelist on innumerable TV shows he'll do okay, but he doesn't have to win the show for that to be true, and Simon probably doesn't get a lot of money (if any) from Andrea appearing in non-singing performances on other shows.
  • Options
    dia6olodia6olo Posts: 1,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think he can do a James Arthur at this point. He peaked way too early and tends to do the same performance every week, which means he's going to really struggle to have a 'wow' moment and put him back in the mix.

He's got the talent, but I feel he's not being guided well and it's being wasted.

That said, if he suddenly did switch it up and managed find a better groove, all bets would be off - it's not like there's anyone absolutely dominating.

I kind of agree with that, and it's a real shame...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kromm wrote: »
    The only real hook for Andrea to make Sysco a fortune is if Italy is willing to gravitate to a winner NOT from their own domestic version of X-F. A winner who's voice ultimately is NOT that great if you compare him to other Italian singers in the same style, even if it goes over well with UK viewers who largely don't know better and who are reacting to a big sounding voice that's actually not that well executed.

In the UK itself, I think the only road to Andrea making Simon money is if you find deliberately cheesy avenues (I suggested already Valentine's Day with a cheesy candle lit performance with a choir and the Christmas following this one with a cheesy Christmas album). As a straight up pop star he has no chance. As a guest panelist on innumerable TV shows he'll do okay, but he doesn't have to win the show for that to be true, and Simon probably doesn't get a lot of money (if any) from Andrea appearing in non-singing performances on other shows.

These kids https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uq-I2WHD_xs were in the same italian tv show when Andrea was 13 so I agree there are better voices in Italy, however he still has a good distinctive voice which I feel can bring him success...

And since we are talking about this show I think he's got as good a voice as any of them, in fact better than most if not all so yes he could go on and win it....
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 221
    Forum Member
    I think it's been a wake up call for a lot of Andrea fans because I think they thought he was safe I think he will be back fighting this week,he would go down without a fight
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 40
    Forum Member
    I think the standard of contestants on this year's X Factor may be the worst ever which may be why Andrea has been praised so highly by the judges and may be why there's been surprise he was in the bottom two. He is actually off key quite a lot (not one judge has ever mentioned that though they do with other contestants) and all the warbling is not singing as we should have to listen to it. He has some pleasant notes but overall his voice is just not that strong. If he wins it will surely be because the standard is so low. There's just no-one outstanding.

As the thread title mentioned James Arthur, as a matter of interest, a couple of weeks ago I came across a recent recording by him (called Kryptonite) on You Tube, and it made me remember what a fantastic voice he had (still has); very distinctive and haunting, and, worth mentioning, always in tune. Put Andrea on stage with JA in a sing off (like The Voice) and Arthur would wipe the floor with him. I'm not debating personalities here, just voices.
  • Options
    Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whether you liked JA or not, he gave something different every week and he was an interesting, charismatic, authentic performer who came across as someone with true artistry and who genuinely loved music.

Andrea does none of the above. He comes out, belts out a diva ballad, sings by numbers and then holds the money note to show us how fab he is. Except he really isn't as good as he thinks he is. It's just all dull, predictable and we've seen and heard it all before
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mattpaint wrote: »
    I think the standard of contestants on this year's X Factor may be the worst ever which may be why Andrea has been praised so highly by the judges and may be why there's been surprise he was in the bottom two. He is actually off key quite a lot (not one judge has ever mentioned that though they do with other contestants) and all the warbling is not singing as we should have to listen to it. He has some pleasant notes but overall his voice is just not that strong. If he wins it will surely be because the standard is so low. There's just no-one outstanding.

As the thread title mentioned James Arthur, as a matter of interest, a couple of weeks ago I came across a recent recording by him (called Kryptonite) on You Tube, and it made me remember what a fantastic voice he had (still has); very distinctive and haunting, and, worth mentioning, always in tune. Put Andrea on stage with JA in a sing off (like The Voice) and Arthur would wipe the floor with him. I'm not debating personalities here, just voices.

People look at the past through rose tinted glasses....
  • Options
    Eva_Coco_MayEva_Coco_May Posts: 3,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    James Arthur is backing Fleur he has taste :-D

Nah im just winding you all up ha! Andrea will get a recording contract no doubt