Options

The Ratings Thread (Part 63)

Comments

• Options
    kwynne42kwynne42 Posts: 75,337
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The CF number is I think higher than any edition managed when paired with SCD before Christmas. Insane!

Was there snow somewhere last night?

No but judging by the weather forecasts their may be lots by the weekend.
  • Options
    BigOrangeBigOrange Posts: 59,674
    Forum Member
    Very good night for BBC shows , CBB also doing well and a weakend to forget for ITV :blush::o
    This is turning into a season to forget for ITV, never mind weekend.

Seriously, what part of the schedule is actually doing as well as it should at the moment apart from Coronation Street which had the big bus crash storyline last week?
  • Options
    Ice dragon1Ice dragon1 Posts: 19,558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wow fantastic night again for BBC. Itv really are struggling that is a poor set of figures especially for MS.
  • Options
    cylon6cylon6 Posts: 25,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And BBC1 didn't win Sunday night by default. ITV are low because BBC1 won against their once invincible Sunday night Winter schedule and are now just continuing as they were. I think Rising Star would have still lost opposite Call The Midwife and Top Gear. I wouldn't want to watch a singing show the day after The Voice.
  • Options
    NickJordanNickJordan Posts: 717
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dancc wrote: »

Seriously, what part of the schedule is actually doing as well as it should at the moment apart from Coronation Street which had the big bus crash storyline last week?

Also, why aren't they showing The Chase as a lead-in on Saturdays (easily 4-5m there) and why on earth is Harry Hill's Stars In Their Eyes receiving a lunch time repeat on Sundays?!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It's only a few weeks in. ITV will have some successes eventually. BBC1 have scheduled well, their shows are no different to last year.
  • Options
    Aurora13Aurora13 Posts: 30,246
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Salv* wrote: »
    Overnights.tv ‏@overnightstv · 53s54 seconds ago
    #MrSelfridge series 3 launched to its lowest ever audience - 3.8m/15.3%
    http://www.overnights.tv

Not sure if that would have counted +1 though.

I gave up mid first series. The lead actor was unbearable. I personally much preferred The Paradise.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 268
    Forum Member
    ITv is just awful,good night for the bbc
  • Options
    ronantronant Posts: 4,785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Primetime shares last night (7-10.30):

BBC1 - 31.7%
    BBC2- 12.1%
    ITV incl. +1 - 11.8%
    C4 incl. +1 - 6.0%
    C5 incl. +1 - 6.0%
  • Options
    ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Disastrous night for ITV, the game is finally up. for a commercial network the figures are appalling, complete re-think needed at ITV Towers and changes at the top.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ronant wrote: »

BBC1 - 31.7%
    BBC2- 12.1%
    ITV incl. +1 - 11.8%
    C4 incl. +1 - 6.0%
    C5 incl. +1 - 6.0%

Yet again truly abysmal for ITV.
  • Options
    BigOrangeBigOrange Posts: 59,674
    Forum Member
    cylon6 wrote: »
    It's only a few weeks in. ITV will have some successes eventually. BBC1 have scheduled well, their shows are no different to last year.
    They are lurching from one ratings disaster to another. No positives to take from any new or returning show so far.

Also no leading commercial broadcaster should be posting embarrassing viewing figures as frequently as ITV are at the moment.

I'm calling it now: ITV are in crisis.
  • Options
    FuddFudd Posts: 167,002
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are lurching from one ratings disaster to another. No positives to take from any new or returning show so far.

Also no leading commercial broadcaster should be posting embarrassing viewing figures as frequently as ITV are at the moment.

They've been in crisis since the World Cup. What was their last success - either a show launching well and maintaining a strong figure or returning well and maintaining a strong figure? Series one of Broadchurch?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

ITV's ratings have been at "crisis" levels since The World Cup, but no one in the press seems to have picked it up. The share price (which just goes to show the City know nothing / care nothing about what actually goes on in the business) has been kept high thanks to rumours of a sale. It's the only positive thing about the company.

Everything else is a mess - awful main channel figures, loss of football, ITV family's share is down, ITV2 performing poorly, ITV online micropayments system closed, ITV Studios still haven't found a hit format (in drama or ent).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ronant wrote: »

BBC1 - 31.7%
    BBC2- 12.1%
    ITV incl. +1 - 11.8%
    C4 incl. +1 - 6.0%
    C5 incl. +1 - 6.0%

Wow that is terrible for itv 😮
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fudd wrote: »
    They've been in crisis since the World Cup. What was their last success - either a show launching well and maintaining a strong figure or returning well and maintaining a strong figure? Broadchurch?

Snap!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aurora13 wrote: »
    I gave up mid first series. The lead actor was unbearable. I personally much preferred The Paradise.

Aww I miss the Paradise.
  • Options
    RobbieSykes123RobbieSykes123 Posts: 14,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not sure the BBC's current taxpayer funded hegemony is good news for the Corporation. It will surely soon be leading to squeals of outrage from the commercial sector and encourage those nutters who want to destroy the "ratings chasing BBC" or at least decimate its funding.

ITV needs to pull its finger out and compete.
  • Options
    AlbacomAlbacom Posts: 34,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NickJordan wrote: »
    Yet again truly abysmal for ITV.

The trouble is, is that ITV is now business first, broadcaster second. There are a limited amount of executives all making the same decisions based on what is best for their pocket. It is the equivalent of TV Land Merchant Banking. Invest in the programmes by producers who will offer financial return through guaranteed advertising whilst at the same time enabling share holders to make a few quid too.

It really is sad and upsetting to see how ITV is now compared to how genuinely fabulous it was just twenty years ago. A radical restructure of the board of executives and fresh blood with a clear vision of success is needed now. The over reliance of soaps and celebrity focused shows has basically destroyed what was, an unbeatable broadcaster.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    wizzywick wrote: »
    The trouble is, is that ITV is now business first, broadcaster second. There are a limited amount of executives all making the same decisions based on what is best for their pocket. It is the equivalent of TV Land Merchant Banking. Invest in the programmes by producers who will offer financial return through guaranteed advertising whilst at the same time enabling share holders to make a few quid too.

It really is sad and upsetting to see how ITV is now compared to how genuinely fabulous it was just twenty years ago. A radical restructure of the board of executives and fresh blood with a clear vision of success is needed now. The over reliance of soaps and celebrity focused shows has basically destroyed what was, an unbeatable broadcaster.

A major rethink and reshuffle is needed. How long can ITV go on like this?
  • Options
    ronantronant Posts: 4,785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not sure the BBC's current taxpayer funded hegemony is good news for the Corporation. It will surely soon be leading to squeals of outrage from the commercial sector and encourage those nutters who want to destroy the "ratings chasing BBC" or at least decimate its funding.

ITV needs to pull its finger out and compete.

It's always the same, when ITV is doing badly, it's the BBC which is too big, too dominant. Fact is, that's not true, ITV are just making crap programmes that people don't want to watch and the BBC are making good programmes people do want to watch. That's not the BBC's fault. Cut the BBC and you won't solve the problem, you'll just have rubbish television all round.
  • Options
    gavin shipmangavin shipman Posts: 9,720
    Forum Member
    Fantastic Ratings for BBC last night.

Call the Midwife is making better ratings than Downtown. Still Open all Hours is definitely coming back.

CBB making more strong ratings. Unexpected 'walk out' tonight should make even better ratings.
  • Options
    TassiumTassium Posts: 31,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NickJordan wrote: »
    A major rethink and reshuffle is needed. How long can ITV go on like this?

Until ITV boss Adam Crozier is booted is how long they will go on like this.

ITV have just milked their various cash cows for the last 5 years and now the cows are on their last legs.

For some reason "the markets" have no perception of what a sound business looks like.
  • Options
    Stefano92Stefano92 Posts: 66,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's quite embarrassing one for ITV this year so far. I don't recall a time where Ch5 has beaten ITV in so many occasions. (with a few of their 9pm shows being lower than Ch5 9pm slot).

BBC is on a roll currently, brilliant for BBC1 all round and for BBC2 a great return to Dragons Den and fantastic as always for Top Gear.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ronant do you know how last Friday's The Musketeers and Benidorm did?
This discussion has been closed.