2015 BDO Darts Thread

Darren LethemDarren Lethem Posts: 61,636
Forum Member
✭✭
Some details about the coverage here. Nice to see BBC will be using John Rawling

http://sport-onthebox.com/2014/12/29/bdo-world-darts-championship-2015-live-on-bbc-sport-bt-sport/#respond

Comments

• MadsocksMadsocks Posts: 3,369
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Off all next week before I start my new job, so it will be a darts fest! :-)
  • Darren LethemDarren Lethem Posts: 61,636
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • Suitcase BeraoSuitcase Berao Posts: 6,078
    Forum Member

I do think Montgomery is a bit of a tool with some of the stuff that he comes out with, but can't argue with what he says regarding Lakeside in that piece.
  • Gazza1982Gazza1982 Posts: 559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Some details about the coverage here. Nice to see BBC will be using John Rawling

http://sport-onthebox.com/2014/12/29/bdo-world-darts-championship-2015-live-on-bbc-sport-bt-sport/#respond

Not quite sure if that is 100% reliable. Rawling did a bit of commentary for the BBC at last years championships and also 'Little' Richard Ashdown was also the MC last year.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gazza1982 wrote: »
    Not quite sure if that is 100% reliable. Rawling did a bit of commentary for the BBC at last years championships and also 'Little' Richard Ashdown was also the MC last year.

both true
  • Daniel_GleeballDaniel_Gleeball Posts: 629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just hope the BBC commentators don't try to mislead the public by saying how great the standard of the match is when they are averaging less than 80. The standard has deteriorated so much over the years. Up to about 10 years ago the experts reckoned that sky had the best player but BBC had the best standard. No one in their right mind would think that now. Money talks, BDO and BBC need to get their hands out of their pockets.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just hope the BBC commentators don't try to mislead the public by saying how great the standard of the match is when they are averaging less than 80. The standard has deteriorated so much over the years. Up to about 10 years ago the experts reckoned that sky had the best player but BBC had the best standard. No one in their right mind would think that now. Money talks, BDO and BBC need to get their hands out of their pockets.

These are amateurs in the main, the have other jobs, they play for love. The PDC guys are full time
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Toying with having a flutter on the Lakeside, but who to back ? Who would your money be on ?
  • JBOJBO Posts: 6,148
    Forum Member
    Toying with having a flutter on the Lakeside, but who to back ? Who would your money be on ?

I've told you:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JBO wrote: »
    I've told you:D

No chance :D

I know who i am backing now. And he is the value bet for me. Will tell you who when i place the flutter. I'm not one of these "i backed the winner after the event has finished" brigade, my cards will be on the table then you can all laugh when he falls at the first :D
  • Suitcase BeraoSuitcase Berao Posts: 6,078
    Forum Member
    Robbie Green at 16/1 looks like a good bet.

Think only really Harms could trouble him in that half of the draw (potential quarter final meeting, and I'm including Wilson in that) and with him moving over to the PDC next year think the motivation will be high.
  • Terrence ChantTerrence Chant Posts: 1,333,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Scott Mitchell e.w at 18/1 looks good value, probably such decent odds because he's in the top half of the draw which looks stronger to me.

So for value in the bottom half I'd also tip Jamie Hughes, won the Zuiderduin Masters last month and could well go deep at 14/1
  • david16david16 Posts: 14,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

It's not quite as good a standard at the BDO as it is at the PDC overall but you still see some excellent darts at the BDO, and you see some very respectable or even some very good averages at the BDO towards the end of the tournament.

Yes there are a number of poor averages at the BDO, but poor averages are not entirely exclusive to the BDO.
  • MeepersMeepers Posts: 5,502
    Forum Member
    david16 wrote: »
    It's not quite as good a standard at the BDO as it is at the PDC overall but you still see some excellent darts at the BDO, and you see some very respectable or even some very good averages at the BDO towards the end of the tournament.

Yes there are a number of poor averages at the BDO, but poor averages are not entirely exclusive to the BDO.

Not quite? Most of the Lakeside players wouldnt even qualify for the proper World Championships.

The standard in the BDO has collapsed.The sooner the BDO stop this stubborn hold out and accept a PDC buy out the better.

You get good matches in the BDO because the players are equally bad. Its 2 rubbish players averaging in the 80s every game

The BDO do a fantastic job at the amateur game, but as a serious sport, they are hopeless and should leave that to the PDC
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Meepers wrote: »
    Not quite? Most of the Lakeside players wouldnt even qualify for the proper World Championships.

The standard in the BDO has collapsed.The sooner the BDO stop this stubborn hold out and accept a PDC buy out the better.

You get good matches in the BDO because the players are equally bad. Its 2 rubbish players averaging in the 80s every game

The BDO do a fantastic job at the amateur game, but as a serious sport, they are hopeless and should leave that to the PDC

Rubbish. Just look at the averages ( seeing as you blinkered fans base a game on averages alone ) for the last 8 onwards last year and you will see they were not all in the 80s.

I really dislike this attitude. The BDO players do full times jobs ( most of them ) and play darts for a hobby, the PDC is vice versa. Why would you want to stop the county matches ? the youth matches AND the womens game ? The PDC wouldn't give a toss about them as they don't get the crowds in the big arenas like the PL etc. Only the BDO allows fans to watch the opens, the PDC have a closed door policy.

I love the PDC and have thoroughly enjoyed watching the Worlds but to think it is proper darts shows a real ignorance on your behalf. Yes it is a higher standard nobody would deny that but it is professional v amateur. Or do you think lower league football should stop too ? Are you just a PL fan ?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Lethem money has gone on..............Scott Mitchell at 18/1
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    See it didn't take too long for the PDC fanboys to derail this thread.

Yawn.
    Forum Member
    Rubbish. Just look at the averages ( seeing as you blinkered fans base a game on averages alone ) for the last 8 onwards last year and you will see they were not all in the 80s.

I really dislike this attitude. The BDO players do full times jobs ( most of them ) and play darts for a hobby, the PDC is vice versa. Why would you want to stop the county matches ? the youth matches AND the womens game ? The PDC wouldn't give a toss about them as they don't get the crowds in the big arenas like the PL etc. Only the BDO allows fans to watch the opens, the PDC have a closed door policy.

I love the PDC and have thoroughly enjoyed watching the Worlds but to think it is proper darts shows a real ignorance on your behalf. Yes it is a higher standard nobody would deny that but it is professional v amateur. Or do you think lower league football should stop too ? Are you just a PL fan ?

The BDO have a cheek to call their tournament the World Championships. Its not. And the BBC are even worse for promoting such a myth

Its like the Conference claiming they are top flight football. Because they are the top division outside of the football league construct

As I said in my post which didnt read
    The BDO do a fantastic job at the amateur game

And thats what they should do. Run it. Not claim that sub standard darts is the World Championships
    Forum Member
    Madsocks wrote: »
    See it didn't take too long for the PDC fanboys to derail this thread.

Yawn.

Since when has being a fan of decent sport been an insult? Damn, I really hate Darts where players are regularly hitting well into the 100s average, as opposed to struggling to make it out the 80s and taking 10 darts to hit a double
    Forum Member
    I wonder how many players from the PDC feeder series will jump ship this year after the tournament?

The BDO havent done their usual bully statements about trying to stop them this year so we might see the last dregs of talent come over. I cant wait for the day to see Martin Adams finally be dragged onto a PDC stage kicking and screaming.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wonder how many players from the PDC feeder series will jump ship this year after the tournament?

The BDO havent done their usual bully statements about trying to stop them this year so we might see the last dregs of talent come over. I cant wait for the day to see Martin Adams finally be dragged onto a PDC stage kicking and screaming.

The same Martin Adams that got to the semi finals of the PDC World Matchplay in Blackpool in 2001 ?

This is a thread on BDO darts, if you don't like it don't post ( like DS rules state )
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Since when has being a fan of decent sport been an insult? Damn, I really hate Darts where players are regularly hitting well into the 100s average, as opposed to struggling to make it out the 80s and taking 10 darts to hit a double

You don't like it, don't post. It's as simple as that. Strange how the PDC world championships have been going on since mid December yet you've never posted on that topic, yet as soon as the BDO thread starts, you have already made 4 posts. Very odd considering how much it seems you love the PDC with your Pro-PDC, Anti-BDO tripe.

There are people that do like both the PDC and the BDO, such as myself and Darren. However, that might be difficult for you to comprehend.
    Forum Member
    The same Martin Adams that got to the semi finals of the PDC World Matchplay in Blackpool in 2001 ?

This is a thread on BDO darts, if you don't like it don't post ( like DS rules state )

Says the person who is resorting to personal attacks (which DS rules state arent allowed) rather than actually answering points.

I suggest you be mature to answer points made, rather than insult people who you disagree with
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Says the person who is resorting to personal attacks (which DS rules state arent allowed) rather than actually answering points.

I suggest you be mature to answer points made, rather than insult people who you disagree with

What personal attacks? :confused:
  • Terrence ChantTerrence Chant Posts: 1,333,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Madsocks wrote: »
    You don't like it, don't post. It's as simple as that. Strange how the PDC world championships have been going on since mid December yet you've never posted on that topic, yet as soon as the BDO thread starts, you have already made 4 posts. Very odd considering how much it seems you love the PDC with your Pro-PDC, Anti-BDO tripe.

There are people that do like both the PDC and the BDO, such as myself and Darren. However, that might be difficult for you to comprehend.
    Exactly. It's a shame that, particularly considering relations between the two codes are more cordial than ever, people still have to post the same tired old guff I've been subjected to on here for ten years. Move on!