Ripped off ideas and useless delivery

Comments

• ShimShamShimSham Posts: 448
    Forum Member
    yep! :eek::p
  • franciefrancie Posts: 31,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Must admit I was disappointed. If the finalist's ideas weren't up to much I dread to think of the other candidates.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 202
    Forum Member
    I quite liked Jim's, Tom's chair wasn't a bad concept, just not realistic.

Both of Helen's were poor, Greggs 2.0 essentially. You don't need a 250k investment to start up a bakery.
  • geraldinemariageraldinemaria Posts: 1,933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They were all pretty bad. Some posters seem to be suggesting Tom shouldn't have won as LA didn't seem to like his idea but which ideas could he like? Even Susan's supposed good idea was dragged down by ridiculous profit projections.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jim's and Helen's ideas are shocking!! I bet Zoe, Leon & Natasha would have better ideas. I just couldn't believe that Helen came up with such a crap idea.

She said something shocking as well about dentist. Isn't she going out with dentist? Come on, these days, even cheap dentists send remainders through emails and sms.
  • MenkMenk Posts: 13,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They were terrible!

I can't believe Jim put his together in 2 weeks. And just one visit into one school would have told him that every school already has his idea up and running.

And how Helen thought she was going to make her idea succeed on a grand scale where no-one else already has I don't know. I guess she just thought that no-one had really worked hard at it yet!
  • MenkMenk Posts: 13,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They were all pretty bad. Some posters seem to be suggesting Tom shouldn't have won as LA didn't seem to like his idea but which ideas could he like? Even Susan's supposed good idea was dragged down by ridiculous profit projections.

Susan's idea may have been a good one in the early 80s - before the market was flooded with all natural ingredients skin-care products.
  • geraldinemariageraldinemaria Posts: 1,933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Menk wrote: »
    Susan's idea may have been a good one in the early 80s - before the market was flooded with all natural ingredients skin-care products.

I know and yet that was the only one that seemed to be accepted as reasonable apart from the costings of course.
  • mklassmklass Posts: 3,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They were all stupid business plans if you ask me!.. but was the concept of being a business partner to Lord Alan sprung on them once they were already in the process i wonder!... because they were told to get a plan together more or less at the last minute!, and you would think that surely if you went on the programme knowing that you could be his business partner you would be more prepared than they seem to have been!.. Those interviewers tore them all apart on their paperwork........;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22
    Forum Member
    Helen's idea was that of a P.A. What a load of bollocks! Dentist appointment made Sir Alan! OMG! Helen, you are fired.
  • Yobaba**Yobaba** Posts: 4,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Willow2904 wrote: »
    Helen's idea was that of a P.A. What a load of bollocks! Dentist appointment made Sir Alan! OMG! Helen, you are fired.

Lol. I know, I think Helen actually had the worst business plan of all... Completely unworkable.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm shocked at just how bad Helen's idea was. As one of the interviewers pointed out, it's as easy to ring the dentist yourself. Probably easier because you wouldn't have to go back and forth, checking if a certain time was suitable. And sending birthday cards? The only people I send birthday cards to know my handwriting.

Tom's service plan wasn't a bad idea but there are companies out there already doing it. We had ergonomics experts into my former office about six years ago teaching us how to sit properly, how to adjust our chairs and how to type properly to minimise injuries.
  • Little NellLittle Nell Posts: 1,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was really surprised that Tom's figures didn't add up - he's always come over as someone who is meticulous about this sort of thing. I was also surprised that Sralan - or Nick at least - weren't surprised.

Pleased he won though.
  • TissyTissy Posts: 45,748
    Forum Member
    marvola45 wrote: »
    I'm shocked at just how bad Helen's idea was. As one of the interviewers pointed out, it's as easy to ring the dentist yourself. Probably easier because you wouldn't have to go back and forth, checking if a certain time was suitable. And sending birthday cards? The only people I send birthday cards to know my handwriting.

Tom's service plan wasn't a bad idea but there are companies out there already doing it. We had ergonomics experts into my former office about six years ago teaching us how to sit properly, how to adjust our chairs and how to type properly to minimise injuries.

Shocked me why she mentioned her second business plan, wonder if she really did have one or was she just trying to please?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 202
    Forum Member
    How many people guessed that Susan was the one the "BS detector" quote would be thrown at.

Was fairly certain it would be Jim