I feel sorry for Kate Middleton

Comments

• CarlLewisCarlLewis Posts: 6,233
    Forum Member
    medulla_86 wrote: »
    IIRC it should actually be Kate Saxe-Coburg-Gotha.

If you're trying to be clever at least do it right.
    William's name is not Saxe-Coburg-Gotha.
    That's the old name of his Grandmother's Royal House.
    Royals are from the House of their father i.e. Charles, Philip and their male ancestors

Kate Schleswig-Holstein-Sonderburg-Glücksburg or Kate Oldenburg perhaps but definitely not Saxe-Coburg-Gotha.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_members_of_the_House_of_Schleswig-Holstein-Sonderburg-Gl%C3%BCcksburg
  • 80sfan80sfan Posts: 18,522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CarlLewis wrote: »

Kate Schleswig-Holstein-Sonderburg-Glücksburg or Kate Oldenburg perhaps but definitely not Saxe-Coburg-Gotha.

No wonder people still call her Middleton :D
  • MaybelleMaybelle Posts: 2,957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tally wrote: »
    :confused: Below them? Are we living in Medieval times. There's no way on earth I think the royals or any aristoricracy are above me.
    I just think they're human, with all the flaws and attributes common to us all. I'm not going to be condecendingly cynical just because they have a title.

;) Though I reserve the right to slag off Prince Charles as I cant abide him.

I agree with all of this. My family all dive for cover if PC comes up on the news or anything as I start ranting :o:D
  • Saltydog1955Saltydog1955 Posts: 4,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tally wrote: »
    :confused: I thought it was Wales

Prince Harry is Corporal (or whatever rank he is) Wales, I thought William was Willian Wales?

That's their informal working surname. Their proper one is Mountbatten-Windsor.
  • greengrangreengran Posts: 4,129
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I feel sorry for Kate and William, they 're expecting their first child and should be full of joy. Unfortunately the pregnancy will now be tinged with sadness because of the result of this stupid prank. The poor Nurse must have been devastated by what happened and could see no way through it. It's a tragedy for all concerned.
    I
  • guffybearguffybear Posts: 1,752
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    greengran wrote: »
    Well I feel sorry for Kate and William, they 're expecting their first child and should be full of joy. Unfortunately the pregnancy will now be tinged with sadness because of the result of this stupid prank. The poor Nurse must have been devastated by what happened and could see no way through it. It's a tragedy for all concerned.
    I

you are probably right and they should abort the whole idea

we already have 2 heirs so there is no shortage
  • Gloria FandangoGloria Fandango Posts: 3,834
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    conchie wrote: »
    I would have to agree with you that it would be awful if this story had any adverse effect on Catherine who had nothing whatsoever to do with this very very sad development.

That said.....if blame is to be apportioned.... then it really could be split 50/50

Yes of course it was immature, stupid, ill advised..... to name but three...... of the Australian DJs to go ahead with this prank. In their defence, they said they never for a moment imagined that they would get beyond the initial reception stage.....and it was supposed to be silly prank based on one call to reception.

That they managed to not only get through but astonishingly be put through to Catherine's ward and attain information.... is another matter altogether.

The blame for this does not lie with nursing or reception staff. The blame lies firmly at the door of the Hospital administration/Palace Security who should have had in place the most basic security system whereby no enquiries about Catherine's health should be entertained over the phone. How simple is that one basic rule. Yet.... it was an instruction NOT given to all reception and nursing staff. Had it been.... things may have been very different. They DJs may have been have lit the fuse.... the stick of dynamite was handed to them by an appalling lack of basic security.

This. Totally!
  • Dancing GirlDancing Girl Posts: 8,209
    Forum Member
    Mr Teacake wrote: »
    Kate Middleton probably doesn't care

I think you are right. I doubt she even met the nurse. The media have gone barking mad since Kate went into hospital. The fact is she has a wonderful life with no financial worries, staff to meet her every need. I had to laugh when they said she would be "putting her feet up and resting" over the next few weeks. I thought that was all she did, actually!!! All this nonsense in the media about how "Kate cried" is tosh. The media have whipped up this whole situation into a frenzy, we do not even know if this nurse actually committed suicide or not but lets not let the facts of a situation influence the journalists when they write their never ending dramatic articles speculating like mad with next to no real information.
    Forum Member
    I

Don't you think this is a HUGE over-reaction to the prank! We do not know what the personal problems were in this lady's life.

We know, next to nothing about it and EVERYONE ASSUMES it was just the hoax call!! Nursing does not attract emotional unstable people, they just could not do the job if they were. This reaction is bizarre, especially (IF WE CAN BELIEVE IT) the hospital has told the media no action was taken against the two nurses involved and that they "supported her" through this difficult time. Also the Royals made no formal complaint, according to St James' Palace so it seems a huge over-reaction to me for the nurse to get so distressed she took her own life, leaving two kids and a husband behind!!
    Forum Member
    downtonfan wrote: »
    What an absurd and truly rotten thing to say. I'm so done with this website. There is just no end to people's unpleasant and quite disgusting remarks.

WHAT??????????????????? If you carried on reading this thread you would have found comments a lot more disturbing!! Honestly, I agree, I doubt if Kate really cares at all about a Nurse she has probably never even met in the hospital. She probably thought, Oh dear what a shame and carried on with her life!!!! If you stayed in hospital for all of three days and heard a nurse had died, one you do not even KNOW, would YOU be devastated???
  • Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,032
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think you are right. I doubt she even met the nurse. The media have gone barking mad since Kate went into hospital. The fact is she has a wonderful life with no financial worries, staff to meet her every need. I had to laugh when they said she would be "putting her feet up and resting" over the next few weeks. I thought that was all she did, actually!!! All this nonsense in the media about how "Kate cried" is tosh. The media have whipped up this whole situation into a frenzy, we do not even know if this nurse actually committed suicide or not but lets not let the facts of a situation influence the journalists when they write their never ending dramatic articles speculating like mad with next to no real information.

Agreed 100%
  • Wynne EvansWynne Evans Posts: 1,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I

Well so what, a woman has taken her life and you care only to sympathise with those wretched people, get your priorities right.
  • chloebchloeb Posts: 6,501
    Forum Member
    WHAT??????????????????? If you carried on reading this thread you would have found comments a lot more disturbing!! Honestly, I agree, I doubt if Kate really cares at all about a Nurse she has probably never even met in the hospital. She probably thought, Oh dear what a shame and carried on with her life!!!! If you stayed in hospital for all of three days and heard a nurse had died, one you do not even KNOW, would YOU be devastated???

I would if it was as a result of a prank played because I was there.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,405
    Forum Member
    Well so what, a woman has taken her life and you care only to sympathise with those wretched people, get your priorities right.

Wretched people? What exactly have they done wrong? :confused:
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,263
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    indie.star wrote: »
    Wretched people? What exactly have they done wrong? :confused:

Nothing. Some just dislike the Royals full stop.
  • Re-MinderRe-Minder Posts: 759
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    zx50 wrote: »
    Nothing. Some just dislike the Royals full stop.

And are people not allowed to detest the idea that we cannot have a democratically elected head of state,
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,405
    Forum Member
    Re-Minder wrote: »
    And are people not allowed to detest the idea that we cannot have a democratically elected head of state,

No i'm not saying that, it's just calling them 'wretched people' is a bit much. :eek:
  • Re-MinderRe-Minder Posts: 759
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    indie.star wrote: »
    No i'm not saying that, it's just calling them 'wretched people' is a bit much. :eek:

Fair point, :)
    Forum Member
    I think all this sympathy for Kate is getting silly. My sister had this problem for FIVE MONTHS, she had to pay her rent she she went to work in a kindgergarden each and every day, she was dead on her feet but could not stay home. She eventually ended up in the hospital but went straight back to work. The fact is Kate is getting the best care in the whole world, hasn't a job, can cancel any kind of appointment if she is unwell, has a supportive family around her, no young children to care for etc. Is a millionaire's daughter and married to a mega-rich husband!! Has TWO world famous OB/GYN in attendance and the best private medical care. No ending up on a National Health ward for our Kate with one midwife for five or six ladies etc. Why is everyone so sympathetic when normal woman who are struggling to do it all, hardly get a comment.
    Forum Member
    chloeb wrote: »
    I would if it was as a result of a prank played because I was there.

I would be interested to know how many posters out there actually believe that this nurse killed herself due to the hoax call, a call she only transferred to the ward, the other nurse has not killed herself, although she is probably upset about her mistake. I just cannot believe that a nurse would react this way. How long would this woman have survived in a National Health Hospital surgical ward!!! There has to be more to this than we are being told. Or this posh hospital has employed very unstable nursing staff.
  • gilliedewgilliedew Posts: 7,605
    Forum Member
    I think all this sympathy for Kate is getting silly. My sister had this problem for FIVE MONTHS, she had to pay her rent she she went to work in a kindgergarden each and every day, she was dead on her feet but could not stay home. She eventually ended up in the hospital but went straight back to work. The fact is Kate is getting the best care in the whole world, hasn't a job, can cancel any kind of appointment if she is unwell, has a supportive family around her, no young children to care for etc. Is a millionaire's daughter and married to a mega-rich husband!! Has TWO world famous OB/GYN in attendance and the best private medical care. No ending up on a National Health ward for our Kate with one midwife for five or six ladies etc. Why is everyone so sympathetic when normal woman who are struggling to do it all, hardly get a comment.

You have a very valid point but morning sickness is indiscriminate, Kate will still be feeling dreadful however much money or support she has.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gilliedew wrote: »
    Kate will still be feeling dreadful however much money or support she has.

Can we be spared every moment of it then please?
  • lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Much as I agree with all the above, the fault here lies not with Kate but with with the media and it's relentless sycophantic, reverential and frankly quite nauseating coverage of anything to do with the royals.

Brace yourself for another 6 months of this.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Well said. It's this open flaunting that gives the Royals such a bad name, above all else as life becomes harder for millions of working British families, life goes on as normal for these people. Kate Middleton has no stress, money worries or job. How many women have to carry on as normal with these symptoms? The media have a lot to blame as well covering her every move.... We're not all interested
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,252
    Forum Member
    Mr Teacake wrote: »
    Kate Middleton probably doesn't care

Neither do I. Why the f**k is this this still headline news? i'm sick of it.