Options

DS' Next Top Artist Series 6: Mainstream Live Show 2!

1235»

Comments

• Options
    _NiallDEE__NiallDEE_ Posts: 13,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mainstream Live Show 3 Theme: Recent

As many of you will have guessed, we're reversing the themes for mainstream and indie for week 2 and 3, which means the theme for this week is Recent! This is basically the opposite of the last theme, anything from a latter album of your acts, this can be the most recent album, or if your artist has a large amount of albums it can be any of the ones released in recent years! The same as last week, if your act only has one album, try and use something towards the end of the track listing of the album, or you can use anything from that album if you used something that was released before the album this week! Val and Roxie please still send me songs, as the act that survives the sing off will still compete with the rest of the acts in next weeks show :D

Next week will also see the themes merge for the first time, so the 17 remaining acts will all be in competition with one another :D However there will be a bottom 3 and a double elimination!

In terms of next week's show, I've got the exam schedule from hell next week, and I've got two exams on Friday which makes hosting the show on Thursday night not an option. For that reason, I will move the show to next Friday 17th May, and therefore want your songs in by Thursday 16th 7:30 PM. Please try and get them in efficiently though, as I really don't want to be chasing people up about song choices next week :p

Well done to everyone who made it through this week, however big commiserations to:

Poth and Cyndi Lauper
    Tommy and Dionne Warwick

Who have been eliminated tonight :cry:

Make sure you send your Indie song choices to Dylan by Sunday night and join him for the show on Monday :D

Prediction results to be posted soon!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • Options
    fireemblemcrazefireemblemcraze Posts: 7,436
    Forum Member
    It's really sad that Dionne and Cyndi have eliminated. I have really loved their songs. But thank you so much to those who saved P!nk - that's so nice of you. :o

It's even more sad for me that P!nk has to be in the sing-off...I've clearly not done her justice. I'm going to try really hard with this song! I need to prove to you all - she has to stay!:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Prediction Game Results: Week 2

2 points for each act eliminated, and 1 point for each act in Bottom 2. So a total of 6 marks were up for grabs this week!
    6 Points
    Nobody :cry:

5 Points
    Jack
    Kevin
    SacredDiablo

4 Points
    Aliyah
    David
    Gav
    Justin
    Lucas
    Stacey
    Tommy
    Zak

3 Points
    Alex

1 Point
    Roxie

Overall Prediction Game Rankings
    1st Kevin 15
    =2nd Aliyah 14
    =2nd Gav 14
    =4th David 13
    =4th Jack 13
    =4th SacredDiablo 13
    =7th Justin 12
    =7th Lucas 12
    =7th Stacey 12
    =7th Zak 12
    11th Alex 11
    12th Tommy 10
    13th Roxie 9
    14th Pingu 8

Good night and see you all next week :D
  • Options
    pothuthicpothuthic Posts: 47,103
    Forum Member
    Apologies for not voting, my ear was hurting all night and I went to bed at 9 because of it, Ive literally just woke up and saw Lucas' dm, so yeah apologies.

Bit gutted Cyndis gone because tbh she wasn't the worst tonight, or anywhere near the bottom two IMHO (Justin wasnt either tbh) but well done everyone anyway for making it through :D

I'll see you all again next season where I will thrash your asses. ;)
  • Options
    SatanelSatanel Posts: 11,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aw, commiserations Poth! I hope you continue you to vote. :)
  • Options
    Strictly_IrishStrictly_Irish Posts: 18,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks for voting for Train guys! Faves from my heat last night were Sara Bareilles, The Script & Frankmusik.

Also, commiserations to Poth & Tommy and good luck to Val & Roxie for the sing off! :)

Looking forward to the next theme.
  • Options
    Carlisle156Carlisle156 Posts: 23,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry I couldn't be around, thank you all for voting Sara through again; and for the favourite mention Louise. <3

Commiserations Poth/Tommy. :( And good luck in the sing-off, I annoyingly love both acts. Justin's my guy but then i've been listening to so much Pink recently!!!
  • Options
    dondfan998dondfan998 Posts: 17,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    _NiallDEE_ wrote: »
    For Val and Justin Timberlake, and Roxie and P!nk, it doesn't end for you here!

You are both still in danger of being eliminated, and a sing off will be used to decide which act stays and which act is eliminated :eek:

Both of you should post a sing off song for your act, a song that you really believe will be able to save them from being eliminated at this stage. You can also post some words saying why you think you're act deserved to be saved, and what they'll bring to the competition if they make it to further rounds.

When both the sing off songs have been posted, I'll open the votes, and everyone can vote for the one act that they want to SAVE, Val and Roxie you are allowed to vote as well. Voting will close by next show, and I'll reveal the results at the start of show 3, where the act with the least amount of votes will be automatically eliminated :(

Good Luck Val and Roxie, I know this is harsh but it's what needs to happen :(

Theme and prediction game to be posted soon!

Holy shizz.

Good luck Roxie (I love P!nk) and I think you got this but I'll try my best. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Justin Timberlake:
    First of all, I love P!nk and I'm gutted to be in this position with her, so..yeah. Obviously I want more time to grow in this competition with Justin as I just think he's got a back catalogue which I could just play on repeat, 24/7. For only three albums, he's got some belters on each and every one of them, and I feel that if I'm brought back, I'd be able to give you all the best choices every week. Overall I was happy I took the risk with "Let's Take A Ride" this week, as even though it didn't pay off to much extent, it gave me that view of what direction to take him in. I think I've got a much more focused direction now, which I'd love to be able to show off.

The song I have chosen is What Goes Around...Comes Around, as I think it sums up this situation pretty well- I took a shot with the song and it comes back around to give me that overall idea. It comes from his second album - like LoveStoned [my week 1 choice] and it also is his most viewed song on YouTube, at an impressive 69 [hold it in] million views. So I hope you all are fans too, and I hope you all take Justin into consideration for next week- as it's recent, and I can promise a real belter from The 20/20 Experience.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOrnUquxtwA

P!nk:
    P!nk Survival Song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1-Yl50nCX4

P!nk is someone I’ve grown up listening to and she’s been such an inspiration for me. This performance proves she’s one of the biggest and most beautiful vocalists of our generation. She’s has such emotion in her performances. Look how passionate she is! I love singers who mean what they’re singing and Pink does so much more than that – her songs mean so much.

If I get through, I promise that I’ll work even harder with P!nk. She’s got a new album full of exciting new songs which I haven’t even touched on yet. Not only that, but she's such a big catalogue of interesting music that it would be a shame to see her go so early. You can be sure that if she gets through you will be able to hear a lot of her current music as well as the more interesting old ones. I messed up one week, and I am determined not to mess up again!

Please send me a PM saying which act you want to SAVE to vote. If you're a mentor who's still in the competition suggest that you send your vote alongside your song for week 3 (unless you've sent that already) but if you don't want to then that's fine as well :D Val and Roxie you're both allowed a vote as well, but I'll assume you both vote for you own act unless you tell me otherwise :p You have until the next show to vote, so about Friday 8pm. Good Luck :D
  • Options
    fireemblemcrazefireemblemcraze Posts: 7,436
    Forum Member
    dondfan998 wrote: »
    Holy shizz.

Good luck Roxie (I love P!nk) and I think you got this but I'll try my best. :D

Val - that was amazing. I absolutely love Justin too...(did you see that sweaty body?) :eek: . It's just not right to look that good...:o

That's my favorite Justin song and one of my favorite songs ever. That was incredible. It's really sad we're against each other because both singers are phenomenal. And no way! I actually think you have this in the bag!

May the best man/woman win. ;)
  • Options
    r0ry101r0ry101 Posts: 13,136
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Both sing off choices are amazing, What Goes Around and Perfect are the best of both artists, I don't know if I could choose between them :(
  • Options
    dondfan998dondfan998 Posts: 17,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Val - that was amazing. I absolutely love Justin too...(did you see that sweaty body?) :eek: . It's just not right to look that good...:o

That's my favorite Justin song and one of my favorite songs ever. That was incredible. It's really sad we're against each other because both singers are phenomenal. And no way! I actually think you have this in the bag!

May the best man/woman win. ;)

Thanks Roxie! I know, I can't complain with his body. :o That's one of my favorite P!nk songs too, the perfect sing-off choice - I think you've got it with that but as you said, whoever wins wins, and good luck to you too. :)