Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Week 2 - Favourite Couple Poll
    Week 2 - Least Favourite Couple Poll

(Just so they are on the current page)
  • Stuart25Stuart25 Posts: 12,217
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    After earning 27 out of 40 for their Tango last week, Jane and Ian are hoping they can aim high with their Samba. Jane tells us “I was shocked when the scores came through. I didn’t expect them to be that good at all. I think I almost swore actually - luckily I didn’t!” Ian talks about their Samba training, saying “the Samba, ugh. It’s going to be difficult. We’ll be the first couple to dance it this year, so there’s going to be a lot of pressure. I’m not sure if Jane really is going to embrace the carnival, but I hope after we start training, she will.” Strictly Come Dancing returns for round three on Saturday at 17.00.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hello and welcome to Behind The Ballroom!

Joining me, Zoe Ball, tonight we have a run-down of our celebrities’ performances last week from Craig Revel Horwood and our first eliminated couple, Faizon and Kristina, will be popping in for a chat!

So let's begin tonight's show with Faizon and Kristina!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Faizon & Kristina

Hi Faizon and Kristina. It’s so sad that we have to meet this way. How do you feel now?

I’m still gutted to be out so early, but it’s nice to not have the pressure and intense training to face.

So you’re feeling relaxed?

Yea, so much more at ease!

That’s good! So let’s talk about Saturday. Your Cha Cha Cha wasn’t too well received from the judges. How did you think it went?

I enjoyed it a lot. I mean, I know it wasn’t technically very good, but I had fun, and I think that’s what is important.

Exactly. If you’re not having fun, then something’s wrong. Now, obviously you ended up in the bottom two. How did you feel when Tess read your name out?

We were gutted, weren’t we? We were praying for one last glimmer of hope, but it wasn’t meant to be. I had the best time on the show, and I really couldn’t have asked for more.

Aw, that’s nice. Anything you’d like to say to Kristina?

Thanks so much for giving me three of the best weeks of my life. Thanks for the great routines and great laughs. I hope we remain good friends and have one more dance!

Aw, I’m sure you will. We’ll see you at the final, thanks for popping in!

Thanks Zoe.

Now it’s time to catch up with Craig, for his opinions on last week's dances!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Craig - Week Two Performances

Hey Craig! How was week two for you?

Oh I loved it! There was a great mix of great dancing and comedic dancing, but of course we had to say goodbye to Faizon, which was a great shame.

It was quite sad, but you know, it is part of the competition, isn’t it?

Yes, and it’s happening all over again this week!

Too right. Right, let’s talk about Julie and Vincent’s Rumba. You loved it, didn’t you?

Oh it was absolutely gorgeous. Everything just came together - the song, the dress, the routine. It was sublime. Julie really is a revelation this series and I can see her going far.

Me too! I just think it’s so refreshing seeing an older woman in the top end of the leaderboard! Anyway, moving on to Kate and James’ Rumba; you weren’t too keen on it. You only gave it a 4!

Well that’s because it wasn’t that good. I have no idea why the others gave it a 6 - it was nowhere near worthy of that! It was what I would call robotic - there wasn’t any emotion and it was all rather mechanical.

So you wanted more emotion? I thought there was loads.

There really wasn’t, and she’s meant to be an actress!

Craig, stop being so harsh! Now, I’m not going to see you next week because Darcey will be popping in instead, but can you tell us what we can expect this week?

Well I’ve heard Tim and Aliona will be doing a Paso Doble, which will probably be nothing but frightful! I’m looking forward to seeing how Siva and Jane cope with their Sambas, because as we all know it isn’t an easy dance.

It’s a tricky one! Okay, thanks Craig, we shall see you in two weeks!

Thank you!

That’s all we’ve got time for today, sadly. Join me tomorrow when I’ll be joined by Vicky with a sneak peak at this week's wardrobe and I’ll be having a nice chat with Andrew and Natalie!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'll post today's BTB alongside tomorrow's.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Joining me, Zoe Ball, tonight we have Vicky Gill with a few sneaky peaks in the wardrobe department for this week's dances and the gorgeous Andrew Flintoff will be in with his dance partner Natalie Lowe!

So, let's go over and talk to the rather gorgeous Vicky Gill!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Vicky - Costumes

Lovely to see you again Vicky! What dresses are we getting a good whiff of today?

Well, first up we have Amy’s dress for her and Kevin’s Quickstep. We thought Amy would suit a long, floor length dress, and the blue really suits her.

I can only imagine. It looks gorgeous, can’t wait to see her in action. Okay, now we have Tracey’s dress?

Yes, this is her Tango dress. They’ve gone for a real 80s gothic song so we thought we’d reflect that in the dress. There’s still a few amendments to make, but this is more or less what it will look like on Saturday.

It’s stunning! And what are these pink feathers lying around here for?

Ahh… they’re for Iveta’s Samba dress with Siva. Their dance is going to be a full on party, but with a contemporary twist, so we thought we’d stick the pink in there.

I love the colour. You’re doing so well as ever, please give it up for the wonderful Vicky Gill!

Thank you!

Now it’s time to find out how Andrew and Natalie are coping with the whole dance malarkey!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Andrew & Natalie

It’s so nice to have you on the show, Andrew and Natalie. How have these three weeks been?

Pretty mad! It’s been so different to anything I’ve ever done before, and the public reaction has been massive.

It’s pretty overwhelming isn’t it?

Yeah!

So, shall we talk about your Cha Cha Cha last week? How did you think it went?

It didn’t go as well as we’d hoped. The training had been much better, and it just went on the night. I think it was nerves.

Urgh! They always get in the way. It’s such a shame when you’ve perfected your routine as well. So what dance are you doing this week?

The Jive…!

Ahh! Am I the only person that can’t wait to see Freddie Flintoff do the Jive in front of ten million people!

I certainly hope there’s more people looking forward to it…

Oh there is! How’s your training going?

It’s quite… tricky. It’s so fast and you’ve got so little time to think about what you’re doing next. On Tuesday I actually had to improvise during a run through because I completely forgot!

Oh goodness! Let’s hope that doesn’t happen on Saturday. Thanks for popping in, Andrew and Natalie!

Thanks Zoe!

Unfortunately that's all we have time for today. Join me next time, where I shall be joined by Anton Du Beke with a training update and Sam and Ola will be chatting to me.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry for the delay. BTB is on its way!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Joining me, Zoe Ball, tonight we have Anton Du Beke with all the gossip from the training room and the amazing Sam and Ola will be popping in for a lovely natter!

So, bring in the simply amazing Anton Du Beke!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anton - Training

Hello Anton, so lovely to see you! How have you been?

Great, thank you Zoe. And yourself?

I’ve been fab. So who are we discussing today?

Well, first up we have Boris and Katya with their Quickstep.

How are they getting on?

Pretty well actually. I think he copes so much better in Ballroom than in Latin and this shows it.

Yeah. Do you think it can keep him out of the bottom two this week?

If this clip is anything to go by, I think it could.

Right, fingers crossed. Moving on to Sam and Ola with their Viennese Waltz. Bear in mind they are just over there!

Haha, yes. I think this is actually looking really good. There’s loads of spins and glides, and they’ve even thrown in a fleckerl!

Great - Len will love it then!

Oh - guaranteed. And considering it is week three, it is looking really, really good.

Amazing news. We’ll soon find out if they feel the same way! Thanks for popping in again, Anton Du Beke, everybody!

Thank you!

Now it's time to find out how Sam and Ola have been getting on in the competition.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sam & Ola

Hi Sam! Hi Ola! How are you both?

Really tired! But so excited for Saturday!

Great! Before we talk about this week, you got 26 for your Tango last week. Did you enjoy it?

Oh yeah, it was so much fun. Ola’s routine was amazing, and I loved the song.

It’s great when everything just comes together, isn’t it? So, you’re doing the Viennese Waltz this week. How’s it been?

It’s been great. It’s nice to be doing a proper, traditional Ballroom dance, although I still feel dizzy from all the spins.

Oh my goodness, there’s so many aren’t there?

Too many, I don’t even want to count!

Did you hear what Anton said about your training footage?

Yes, he was quite nice actually - thanks Anton! I just hope the judges feel a similar way about it…

Oh I’m sure they will! Thanks for coming in, Sam and Ola!

Thanks for having us!

Right, that's all we've got time for today I'm afraid! We'll be taking a break next week so you can join me in two weeks time for all the usual gossip! The live show will begin tomorrow at 17.00 See you then!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Foxtrot
    • ABBA - When All Is Said And Done

Jive
    • Gnarls Barkley - Smiley Faces
    • Jennifer Rush - Higher Ground

Paso Doble
    • Boney M - Daddy Cool
    • Paso Doble - El Gato Montes

Quickstep
    • Paloma Faith - Trouble With My Baby
    • Tony Bennett & Lady Gaga - The Lady Is A Tramp

Rumba
    • Ellie Goulding - Your Song

Samba
    • Ricky Martin - She Bangs
    • Whitney Houston - I Wanna Dance With Somebody

Tango
    • David Bowie - Rebel Rebel

Viennese Waltz
    • INXS - Never Tear Us Apart

Waltz
    • Lady Antebellum - If I Knew Then
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's show day (technically)! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just under twenty minutes until show time! Who's excited? :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Welcome to Strictly Come Dancing's third live show! Tonight our thirteen remaining couples will take to the floor, hoping to impress our judges and you at home. Last week saw our resident American actor Faizon Love leave the show alongside partner Kristina Rhianoff. But who will it be this week? Without further ado, let's meet the stars of our show...

Singing sensation Amy Macdonald and her dance partner Kevin Clifton!
    Newsreader Charlie Stayt and his dance partner Flavia Cacace!
    Radio and television presenter Fearne Cotton and her dance partner Pasha Kovalev!
    From EastEnders, Sam Strike and his dance partner Ola Jordan!
    Journalist and Loose Women panellist Jane Moore and her dance partner Ian Waite!
    Artist Tracey Emin and her dance partner Brendan Cole!
    Auctioneer and antiques expert Tim Wonnacott and his dance partner Aliona Vilani!
    Former child actress Julie Dawn Cole and her dance partner Vincent Simone!
    Tennis ace Boris Becker and his dance partner Katya Virshilas!
    Comedienne and presenter Mel Giedroyc and her dance partner Robin Windsor!
    The Wanted singer Siva Kaneswaran and his dance partner Iveta Lukosiute!
    From Coronation Street, Kate Ford and her dance partner James Jordan!
    And finally, cricket legend Andrew Flintoff and his dance partner Natalie Lowe!

First up tonight are Andrew and Natalie!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Andrew & Natalie

Training:
    After ending up in the bottom end of the leaderboard last week, Andrew and Natalie are desperate to raise their scores. This week they are dancing the Jive. Natalie is surprised with Andrew’s progress, telling us “I didn’t think he’d be as good as he is at the Jive. I think this could surprise a few people!” But will it be a pleasant surprise?

Dance: Jive - Gnarls Barkley - Smiley Faces

Craig: I thought it was a bit laboured. I like my Jives to be on the balls of the feet, but you were flat on your feet for too much of this. It’s a big improvement on your Cha Cha though, darling.

Darcey: Yea, Craig’s right. Andrew, this was so much better than last week! It was full of life, there was plenty of bounce and energy; there could have been a little less flat-footedness, but you’re doing well, and you should be proud.

Len: Well, the Jive ain’t an easy dance, and you are a big guy, so I’m going to cut you some slack. You came out here and had a go and that’s what it’s all about. Good on you lad!

Bruno: Oh Andrew, you definitely put a smile on my face. No, seriously, you are getting better and it’s great to see you finally enjoy a dance. I hope you continue on like this, because your moving in the right direction.

Scores:
    Craig - 5
    Darcey - 7
    Len - 7
    Bruno - 6

Total - 25/40

"Your highest score yet!" Claudia bellows, as Andrew grins.

Now we have Tracey and Brendan!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tracey & Brendan

Training:
    Despite finishing in last place with the judges last week, Tracey and Brendan avoided the bottom two. Tracey speaks of her delight, saying “I still can’t believe we made it through. I was prepared to not only be in the bottom two, but to go completely! I was very shocked!”

Dance: Tango - David Bowie - Rebel Rebel

Craig: I must say, I quite enjoyed that actually. I think it’s fair to say this dance suits your personality, which obviously helps you. Your top line, though, dear… I’m begging you to sort it out before it sorts you out.

Darcey: Oh Tracey, you are one feisty ice queen, aren’t you!? The faces you were pulling I had never seen before in my life. Seriously, the acting was just out of this world. You go girl!

Len: If we gave a score for attitude, I’m telling you, you would get a ten from me! It was punchy and sharp. Yea, the others are right, you need to fix your top line, but you’re getting better.

Bruno: Your frame was a bit wobbly and I did notice one or two stumbles, but I really liked it. Your performance skills are second to none and I can’t wait to see you do something like a Paso Doble, my dear.

Scores:
    Craig - 5
    Darcey - 6
    Len - 6
    Bruno - 5

Total - 22/40

"Wow! I'm really happy with that, onwards and upwards!" Tracey tells Claudia.

Next up are Jane and Ian!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jane & Ian

Training:
    After earning praise and high marks for her Tango last week, Jane is feeling positive. “Getting good comments and scores does make you feel better about the next dance. Although, I’m not quite sure if this applies as this week we’ve got the Samba!”

Dance: Samba - Whitney Houston - I Wanna Dance With Somebody

Craig: It was dreadful. It was littered with timing issues, your footwork was sloppy and the “I’m a mum having fun” attitude made it look really dated and cringey. Not your best, darling.

Darcey: Ohh Craig… Jane, I absolutely loved it! The Samba is a party dance and boy did you have a party out there. Okay, there were a few minor errors, but the fun you had was undeniable.

Len: I think that may qualify as one of Bruno’s favourite dances ever. Everything was going on at once, but that’s what I loved about it. A full on party from start to end!

Bruno: I think Craig’s in a bit of a grump over there. We all loved it, didn’t we? It did make me laugh, and cry, but I loved it. Your technique was questionable, but that perm makes up for it babe!

Scores:
    Craig - 3
    Darcey - 6
    Len - 7
    Bruno - 7

Total - 23/40

"Eeeeekk!" Ian looks away in horror as Craig reveals his score.

Boris and Katya are next to dance!