Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Woodentops? :D

wow take me back to the 50's :D
  • Options
    ClaireChClaireCh Posts: 5,899
    Forum Member
    i4u wrote: »
    They are on the chart shown by the police expert, they were skipped over but although blurred you can make out they were less than 1000 seconds.

Here's the chart, highlighted is the last voice call by Pistorious at 20:25:07 the final four lines are GPRS connections 2 of short duration and the last two that look longer.

The timeline at the top would indicate the first two connections were around 21:00 and the last two after 22:30? Whatever the time the gap is significant before and after the 01:48:48 GPRS connection?

oh yes! does he not know what is on the chart or something? it's like the website activity where he only admits to looking at cars. like no-one can see what he really did.

I'm also wondering about Reeva's macbook and why that hasn't been mentioned at all. like did it show that there was a contract that they worked on together? and what pages did she have open?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The Woodentops? :D
    Pinocchio? lol

lol, I actually thought of the wooden tops when I was writing it :D:D:D
  • Options
    Jeremy99Jeremy99 Posts: 5,476
    Forum Member
    Pinocchio? lol

Well there’s a name to conjure with….

Pistonocchio

Makes his own ‘wood on wood’ sound but the problem is.....have you seen the size of his nose lately :o
  • Options
    Nowhere DanNowhere Dan Posts: 1,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ClaireCh wrote: »
    the window sliding open, the toilet door slamming about a minute or two later (or long enough for Reeva to have used the toilet and pulled her shorts back up), and a wood on wood sound from inside the cubicle.

I'm not sure how much patience everybody has for entertaining OP's version any further, but I am curious. Looking from Reeva's perspective, on his version, is he claiming that:
    1. Reeva slid the window open? If so, did he offer a reason as to why she did so?
    2. Reeva slammed the toilet door? Was this explained by her being self-protective against this intruder that OP was allegedly yelling at?
    3. Reeva moved the magazine rack? Again, did OP offer any plausible explanation for why she would have done that given all the yelling about an intruder?

Or, is OP saying he only thought he heard all these sounds, however the window opening and door slamming may not have actually happened: ie. he was somehow mistaken?
  • Options
    Imogen_RichardsImogen_Richards Posts: 3,179
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

How dare you? I wasn't even born in the 50s!

http://www.thefatcontroller.co.uk/portfolio/albums/userpics/woodentops.jpg
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jeremy99 wrote: »
    Pistonocchio

Pistonocchio. I like it. I was thinking about the creaking wood sound of a growing nose :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How dare you? I wasn't even born in the 50s!

Neither was I. Touchy. Haha :D I am too wise to enquire after a lady's advancement of years.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

tbh I had never even heard of the Woodentops! Learn something new every day :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'm not sure how much patience everybody has for entertaining OP's version any further, but I am curious. Looking from Reeva's perspective, on his version, is he claiming that:
    1. Reeva slid the window open? If so, did he offer a reason as to why she did so?
    2. Reeva slammed the toilet door? Was this explained by her being self-protective against this intruder that OP was allegedly yelling at?
    3. Reeva moved the magazine rack? Again, did OP offer any plausible explanation for why she would have done that given all the yelling about an intruder?

Or, is OP saying he only thought he heard all these sounds, however the window opening and door slamming may not have actually happened: ie. he was somehow mistaken?

he claims he actually heard them and that they happened
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tbh I had never even heard of the Woodentops! Learn something new every day :D

Now I feel very old! :(
  • Options
    bertie bundogbertie bundog Posts: 389
    Forum Member
    sandy50 wrote: »
    Yes I thought so too. But i've been down to the Old Bailey before, to the public gallery and it's all very boring !^_^
    As is the overwhelming majority of the criminal law.

Boring, sad, depressing,sometimes scary - occasionally (unintentionally funny) - but NOT there for entertainment of the public.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    he claims he actually heard them and that they happened

Thanks Claire. So if Reeva was the only one there to make those sounds, she must have had good reason to take those actions. I'm not at all convinced about her remaining non-vocally responsive at the stress of OP announcing an 'intruder'. But even if one was to accept she 'froze', why would she shift the magazine rack, loudly enough to make him think the toilet door was opening? Why not keep freezing? This is on OP's version, of course, which I don't accept as true. But still, for his version to be plausible, Reeva's actions have got to make sense to herself, in the same way OP's must make sense to himself. Just a thought.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Now I feel very old! :(

Oh damn, I appear to have said the wrong thing again :confused::D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    oh yes! does he not know what is on the chart or something? it's like the website activity where he only admits to looking at cars. like no-one can see what he really did.

I'm also wondering about Reeva's macbook and why that hasn't been mentioned at all. like did it show that there was a contract that they worked on together? and what pages did she have open?

I've just realised why he did not admit to being awake later on, and using his phone. it was because he had trapped himself by his bail statement to going to sleep at 10pm. he probably deleted stuff from his phone that had occurred between that time and 3:18am, but the police recovered it.
  • Options
    Forum Member

Boring, sad, depressing,sometimes scary - occasionally (unintentionally funny) - but NOT there for entertainment of the public.

are we being ticked off?:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh damn, I appear to have said the wrong thing again :confused::D

No offence taken. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Thanks Claire. So if Reeva was the only one there to make those sounds, she must have had good reason to take those actions. I'm not at all convinced about her remaining non-vocally responsive at the stress of OP announcing an 'intruder'. But even if one was to accept she 'froze', why would she shift the magazine rack, loudly enough to make him think the toilet door was opening? Why not keep freezing? This is on OP's version, of course, which I don't accept as true. But still, for his version to be plausible, Reeva's actions have got to make sense to herself, in the same way OP's must make sense to himself. Just a thought.

well we know the magazine rack didn't move against wood causing him to fire the first shot, because she was right behind the door and would have had to have been doing her yoga in there.
  • Options
    curleys wifecurleys wife Posts: 3,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I think whilst OP claims the window and door noises/movements did happen, the magazine rack theory came across as more of a guess- in an attempt to explain the noise he thought was the door opening.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I was called for jury service just a few months ago and attended the jury selection. At first I consoled myself that it might be interesting to see the machinations of a legal process. But when the charges were read out to the five defendants: home invasion and murder using axe handle and wooden bat, this awful sinking feeling of dread hit me. I was so relieved in the end not to be selected for the jury.
  • Options
    bertie bundogbertie bundog Posts: 389
    Forum Member

50s? How very dare you.>:(

I certainly wasn't born in the 50s but the Woodentops (" ....and the biggest, spotty dog you ever did see") were still a big part of the Watch With Mother world many years later :)

Mind you, I was more of a Camberwick Green / Trumpton kind of girl.

PC McGarry (number 452) would have got a confession out of OP with no problem ;-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DyvPIoy_tLM
  • Options
    bookcoverbookcover Posts: 6,216
    Forum Member
    i4u wrote: »
    Which it is why the long gaps and someone actively switched the phone on at 01:48:48 for 5mins 9 secs? (Ended at 01:53:57)

Then again after the shooting:
    03:18:45  Start GPRS connection (1) for 75 seconds
    03:19:03  Start call to '2251' Stander for 24 seconds
    03:19:27  End call to Stander
    03:20:00  End GPRS connection (1)
    03:20:02  Start GPRS (2) 79 seconds
    03:20:05  Start call to '082999' Ambulance for 66 seconds
    03:21:11  End call to '082999'
    03:21:21  End GPRS (2)  
    [B]03:21:22  Start GPRS (3) 61 seconds
    03:21:47  Start call to '121' voicemail 7 seconds
    [I]03:21:53  Start call to '6797' security for 9 seconds[/I]
    03:21:54  End call to '121' voicemail
    [/B]03:22:02  End call to '6797' security
    03:22:05  Start call from '6797' security for 12 seconds
    03:22:17  End call from '6797' security
    03:22:23  End GPRS (3)

First time I have given any real time to study this log.

I have one or two questions.

Is it possible to listen to voicemail and make a 9 second call to security at the same time?

Is one phone capable of being connected to two different numbers at same time?

And If not how were two calls made and connected, apparently, at the very same time?

According to this log 61 second GPRS connection to voicemail...so I am a bit bamboozled how the call to security was made at the same time :confused:

Can anyone help me with this pedantic nit picking of mine?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    she was right behind the door and would have had to have been doing her yoga in there.

Oh right, so just the standard flight/fright/freeze or salute-to-the-sun response. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I certainly wasn't born in the 50s but the Woodentops (" ....and the biggest, spotty dog you ever did see") were still a big part of the Watch With Mother world many years later :)

Mind you, I was more of a Camberwick Green / Trumpton kind of girl.

PC McGarry (number 452) would have got a confession out of OP with no problem ;-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DyvPIoy_tLM

Happy days. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Began in 1955, so my web search told me. Don't stone the messenger haha :p

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Woodentops_%28TV_series%29
This discussion has been closed.