Anyone out there not bothered about the football?

Pyramid*Pyramid* Posts: 4,569
Forum Member
✭✭✭
:eek: Dare I say it????

I can't be arsed with it all. Am I a lone voice and am I going to get the lynched? :eek::confused:

Comments

• HendersonHenderson Posts: 11,952
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    People who dont like football shouldn't be trusted.

Weirdos....
  • Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i don't watch football at all so im not gonna support england cause its the world cup i find football rather tedious my bff doesnt even like it and ive seen james corden as his own world cup show so that should be enough to put anyone off it
  • FritzFritz Posts: 147
    Forum Member
    I am 100% with you on this - I just can't wait for July til the whole thing's over.... it actually leaves me feeling wound up for the duration of the tournament!
  • *weeschmoo**weeschmoo* Posts: 9,713
    Forum Member
    There is a certain aspect of the football I am not looking forward to - I dare not utter it though, but I do like the football - I'll be supporting Australia.:)
  • stoatiestoatie Posts: 78,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pyramid* wrote: »
    :eek: Dare I say it????

I can't be arsed with it all. I am a lone voice and am I going to get the lynched? :eek::confused:

No, I'm not bothered either. It would be nice if England did well because it would make my football-loving friends happy, but other than that I really couldn't give a f*ck.

The only thing that really annoys me about the World Cup is the same thing that annoys me about nice weather and Christmas- all the part-time drinkers start snaffling up all the cold beers in the offie, leaving us regular customers with hideous warm booze. Oh, that and the fact that the part-time drinkers always want to talk to everyone in the street about football, rather than just vague and often violent expressions of their* inability to drink alcohol without losing the plot. I mean, "do you want a punch in the face" is a question I can answer fairly easily, as is "are you looking at my bird". "What'd you think of xxxxx's performance on the field today", however, is a different matter. I'm genuinely baffled. Mind you, it IS quite nice to see everyone excited about the same thing at once, even if it's not something that interests me particularly.

*part-time drinkers, whether football fans or not. Not ALL part-time drinkers, but enough to give those of us who do it for a living a bad name.
  • James2001James2001 Posts: 73,658
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'll be going into hiding during the World Cup... or at least until England inevitably get knocked out, and the whinging about 1966 and us being robbed finally stops. The coverage is at least tolerable once they're gone.
  • tealadytealady Posts: 26,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If the players were a little more honest it would help, or respected the ref. Contrast the attitude of RL with that of football.
    Over paid and over here and seemingly unable in nearly all cases to be able to use both feet. I seem to remember that a certain JW kicked the winning drop goal off his wrong foot to win the world cup.

All in all, :sleep::sleep:
  • wenchwench Posts: 8,928
    Forum Member
    I dont like football and luckily my OH is a rugby player so football is in fact banned in our house :D
  • Pyramid*Pyramid* Posts: 4,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thank f88k I'm not the only one. :cool:
  • SeasideLadySeasideLady Posts: 20,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I couldn't care less about it if I tried.
  • Babe RainbowBabe Rainbow Posts: 34,349
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stoatie wrote: »
    No, I'm not bothered either. It would be nice if England did well because it would make my football-loving friends happy, but other than that I really couldn't give a f*ck.

The only thing that really annoys me about the World Cup is the same thing that annoys me about nice weather and Christmas- all the part-time drinkers start snaffling up all the cold beers in the offie, leaving us regular customers with hideous warm booze. Oh, that and the fact that the part-time drinkers always want to talk to everyone in the street about football, rather than just vague and often violent expressions of their* inability to drink alcohol without losing the plot. I mean, "do you want a punch in the face" is a question I can answer fairly easily, as is "are you looking at my bird". "What'd you think of xxxxx's performance on the field today", however, is a different matter. I'm genuinely baffled. Mind you, it IS quite nice to see everyone excited about the same thing at once, even if it's not something that interests me particularly.

*part-time drinkers, whether football fans or not. Not ALL part-time drinkers, but enough to give those of us who do it for a living a bad name.

I have gathered at work that someone called Raffa has been sacked and someone called Rio is no longer and that is alll they have been talking about and I still don't understand any of it - they might as well be talking a foreign language for all the sense it makes.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,512
    Forum Member
    wench wrote: »
    I dont like football and luckily my OH is a rugby player so football is in fact banned in our house :D

You must have quite a large house if you specifically need a rule to ban football? It's not banned in my house, but kicking the ball from the kitchen door to the spare room door isn't particularly much fun so hardly ever happens.
  • RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    What is this 'football' you speak of?
  • hellsTinkerbellhellsTinkerbell Posts: 9,871
    Forum Member
    I cant be arsed with it and the worse thing ever is it clashes with Big Brother.
    Ive got no chance seeing as i live in a houseful of males.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have gathered at work that someone called Raffa has been sacked and someone called Rio is no longer and that is alll they have been talking about and I still don't understand any of it - they might as well be talking a foreign language for all the sense it makes.

Ooh! Ooh!

I actually know that one!

He's the one who dances on the sand, right? Just like a river twisting through a dusty land, so I've heard.

YES! I CAN do this football talk.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ooh! Ooh!

I actually know that one!

He's the one who dances on the sand, right? Just like a river twisting through a dusty land, so I've heard.

YES! I CAN do this football talk.

We could sing that in karaoke !

Who is the one who talks about dolphins singing or something ? and no I don't mean moila.
  • Stiffy78Stiffy78 Posts: 26,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There is a certain aspect of the football I am not looking forward to - I dare not utter it though, but I do like the football - I'll be supporting Australia.:)

Nope, for the life of me I can't think what you're talking about :p
  • KennedyCKennedyC Posts: 1,289
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would rather watch a black and white movie than the football. Unfortunately my wife loves football and doesn't want to watch it on a recording when I am out. She also loves cricket which I find less interesting than watching paint dry.
  • ElanorElanor Posts: 13,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not interested in it and I will be avoiding it.
  • KindaKinda Posts: 4,288
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That could end up being a double whammy tho...not being able to give a decent enough answer/opinion on xxxx's performance, might end with you being asked the former traditional part time drinker questions...
  • KindaKinda Posts: 4,288
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stiffy78 wrote: »
    Nope, for the life of me I can't think what you're talking about :p

Me either. I went thru the list...the C word, the D word, all the way to the Z word but am clueless. Any chance it's the H word? :eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who is the one who talks about dolphins singing or something ? and no I don't mean moila.

I'm not sure, though the idea gets a brief mention in this song, which is entirely off-topic, but which I love dearly because it is SO me when I was 12, and I'm always looking for an excuse to play to people.
  • *Eileen**Eileen* Posts: 9,881
    Forum Member
    Couldn't give a damn, football is so boring. Will be avoiding it as much as I possibly can :sleep:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not sure, though the idea gets a brief mention in this song, which is entirely off-topic, but which I love dearly because it is SO me when I was 12, and I'm always looking for an excuse to play to people.

Oooh I can't watch anything on youtube at the moment - problem with laptop - will watch later :)
  • CarlLewisCarlLewis Posts: 6,236
    Forum Member
    Don't care about the football.

Bring on Big Brother!