Corrie- The Annie, Ena, Elsie, Hilda, Bet Legend Appreciation Group

Shane ParrishShane Parrish Posts: 2,598
Forum Member
✭✭✭
They were legends of Corrie. Remarkable characters. They have given us some memorable lines. May their legends live on forever. Shame Patricia Phoenix died so young though. No doubt she would have returned again as Elsie.

Comments

• jamesisacejamesisace Posts: 1,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Never saw em except Bet in 2002 and I didn't really get the fus I can see how Annie, Ena, Elsie and Hilda were popular though
  • callumfreemancallumfreeman Posts: 12,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jamesisace wrote: »
    Never saw em except Bet in 2002 and I didn't really get the fus I can see how Annie, Ena, Elsie and Hilda were popular though

Bet was better in the older days I have to admit, and that is where she belongs.
  • Face Of JackFace Of Jack Posts: 7,181
    Forum Member
    I seem to remember Ena talking to her friends Minnie and Martha in the Snug. They were talking about death (cheerful as ever). Ena was talking about her father (I think) and said something like "He just sat down...broke wind...and died!"
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I seem to remember Ena talking to her friends Minnie and Martha in the Snug. They were talking about death (cheerful as ever). Ena was talking about her father (I think) and said something like "He just sat down...broke wind...and died!"

Yeah, I remember that, it was her mother she was talking about. I really miss Ena, Minnie and Martha, good trio.
  • IRITALIAIRITALIA Posts: 6,508
    Forum Member
    They were all great characters from the days when streets were communities and everyone knew each other.
    Shame so many streets are now anonymous and many don't even know their neighbours. :)
  • Mr TateMr Tate Posts: 113
    Forum Member
    Becky McDOnald surely isn't in the same league or 'on her way to becoming in a few years' to these icons is she?

I saw a thread claiming she was recently!
  • PyramidbreadPyramidbread Posts: 10,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not just legends of Corrie, British icons
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I miss Uncle Albert, I won't to be just like him when I get older.