Ken's Sons

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 126
Forum Member
Does anyone know what will happen after they finish filming in September? Will they be returning at an point in the future or will it just be a one off guest stint? Thanks

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 382
    Forum Member
    William and James were on This Morning before. He said that Linus only had 2 weeks free to film and the story is not concluded.

The producer has said that he would like to bring them back in the future to finish the storyline.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,367
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is James, who is playing Ken's son in Corrie, the same guy who is playing the young William Roache in the BBC4 drama? How confusing!
  • Sarah MichelleSarah Michelle Posts: 1,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is James, who is playing Ken's son in Corrie, the same guy who is playing the young William Roache in the BBC4 drama? How confusing!

It is...

can't go wrong for with him as a lookalike!
  • VenetianVenetian Posts: 28,482
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yes it is. I couldn't get my head round it at all to begin with.

Have I got this right: William Roache has two sons (with different mothers). Linus will play his son in Corrie and James will play Linus' son (when in fact he is actually William's son).
    Add to that James is portraying the Ken Barlow character in something being made by the BBC?

Couldn't make it up .. anyone got an aspirin ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    So is the actor playing his son, his son in real life/?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,407
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So is the actor playing his son, his son in real life/?

Yes and the grandson is played by William Roache's younger son.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Thought the resemblance was a bit too much!!
  • PyramidbreadPyramidbread Posts: 10,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So the storyline wont be properly concluded? Good xD It'd have been a bit silly if Ken was able to sort out the deep rooted problems overnight
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    The boring Barlows..:yawn:
  • FlukieFlukie Posts: 40,578
    Forum Member
    Venetian wrote: »
    Yes it is. I couldn't get my head round it at all to begin with.

Have I got this right: William Roache has two sons (with different mothers). Linus will play his son in Corrie and James will play Linus' son (when in fact he is actually William's son).
    Add to that James is portraying the Ken Barlow character in something being made by the BBC?

Couldn't make it up .. anyone got an aspirin ;)

Imagine the confusion if his daughters were involved as well! lol

Linus and James both have a sister each. Vanya and Verity.

I remember Verity (James's sister) talking once on a programme about 'Bill and Ken' some years ago. Frightfully posh sounding she was!

It must be very weird playing your half-brother's Dad!

I know Bill is playing his younger son's Grandad, but as he was in his mid-50's when he was born, that's not really AS odd. Some people might have thought he WAS his grandson when he was little cos Linus IS old enough to be his Dad.
  • Neighbours_FanNeighbours_Fan Posts: 7,514
    Forum Member
    I hope James comes into CS permanently. The Street needs some new male eyecandy :D
  • IRITALIAIRITALIA Posts: 6,508
    Forum Member
    I hope James comes into CS permanently. The Street needs some new male eyecandy :D

Yes indeed, although I'm finding it hard to choose between him and Linus! :eek::o;):D
  • Matt35Matt35 Posts: 30,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder if linus could be more permenant after law and order ends. although he does seem to be more at home in the states so he probably prefers to stay there.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 630
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So have they made their last appearances? I know William and James said the storyline wouldn't be wrapped up properly which it hasn't.