Is Dermot O'Leary The Ultimate Plastic Paddy??

Comments

• RubusRooRubusRoo Posts: 10,262
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    WGERS1873 wrote: »
    Cybercubed wrote: »
    The presenter of X-Factor allegedly has an irish passport, calls himself Irish, and even supports Ireland over England in football.:eek:

Last time I checked Colchester wasn't in Ireland. But apparantly he is a Wexford supporter in gaelic because his 'parents' come from there. I wonder if he could even point out Wexford on a map?

It's interesting to know that his wiki page has constantly been changed over the past 6 months over what his nationality is. I've heard quotes from him such as: "I may not sound very Irish but cut me open and I bleed green" Do actual Irish people even go as OTT like that? Seriously?

I guess Norman Tebbit wouldn't be too happy. He also refused to wear a poppy whilst on the X-Factor once because of his 'irishness'. Loser.

Crimes for treason me thinks.[/QUOTE

The guy is a total idiot! Who cares to be honest? That is all i'm going to say.

You screwed up that quote

Go back & edit, it's not too late.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 40,102
    Forum Member
    I used to like him but he sold out for the X-Factor. He used to be witty and fun but now he is just a puppet. I'd still touch his penis, though.
  • Awshum-YawnAwshum-Yawn Posts: 1,718
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I used to like him but he sold out for the X-Factor. He used to be witty and fun but now he is just a puppet. I'd still touch his penis, though.

good on ya, he might take you up on that offer if he reads ds.
  • OvalteenieOvalteenie Posts: 24,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's not uncommon for 2nd gen immigrants to have nationality identity crisis growing up & end up deciding to embrace/reject one or the other.
  • Miasima GoriaMiasima Goria Posts: 5,188
    Forum Member
    Ovalteenie wrote: »
    It's not uncommon for 2nd gen immigrants to have nationality identity crisis growing up & end up deciding to embrace/reject one or the other.

Indeed - Morrissey, the Oasis idiots and Boy George have firmly identified as English/British.
  • LittlemarkLittlemark Posts: 228
    Forum Member
    When was Norman Tebbit on X Factor?? As a guest or just in the audience?
  • ayrshiremanayrshireman Posts: 9,279
    Forum Member
    He's a douchebag.

No he isnt.

Because he isnt American.

If there is one thing I cant stand more than plastic paddies, its plastic Americans.
    Forum Member
    Does this subject give you a tingle downstairs?

Well, it clearly gives you a tingle. As you never pass up an opportunity to attack and smear the British Army.

And if you want to see a whole load of 'plastic paddies', your football team's ground is "hoachin' wi' 'em" at 3pm on a Saturday afternoon.
  • chattamanukchattamanuk Posts: 3,397
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Remarkably similar thread to this http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=702615 from 3 years ago!
  • irishguyirishguy Posts: 22,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, it clearly gives you a tingle. As you never pass up an opportunity to attack and smear the British Army.

And if you want to see a whole load of 'plastic paddies', your football team's ground is "hoachin' wi' 'em" at 3pm on a Saturday afternoon.

Hold on.. he just repeated the findings of Lord Saville which were accepted by your prime minister, that yes, some members of the British army shot and killed innocent people and suffered no consequences. I would hardly call that an attack or smear otherwise David Cameron must also be guilty!
    Forum Member
    Irishguy, read timboy's posts. The man has a history. I am not being unfair.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Irishguy, read timboy's posts. The man has a history. I am not being unfair.

ahh okay... sorry.... but to be fair, in that last post he wasn't smearing or lying.
  • VoynichVoynich Posts: 14,481
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    People think he's kind of cute. Especially gay men.
  • IRITALIAIRITALIA Posts: 6,508
    Forum Member
    Well I am 2nd generation Italian born in Ireland but have always considered myself more Italian. Maybe Dermot was weaned on Guinness and potatoes. :D

^ Also he is well more than cute! :o;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 280
    Forum Member
    God what a load of crap OP, he is irish and he lives in England, when he moved to England he didn't stop being irish, he's proud of being irish and he loves his country, its not fair to ask any irish person to wear a poppy or any other such emblem unless they want to, don't watch x factor or anything else he's in but the points you make are ridiculous:rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Colchester's in Ireland now?
    Forum Member
    Indeed - Morrissey, the Oasis idiots and Boy George have firmly identified as English/British.

eh no they haven't, all of the above are irish and proud
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

hahahahaha catch yerself on!

back beneath your bridge.
  • Miasima GoriaMiasima Goria Posts: 5,188
    Forum Member

But you'll find plenty of pics with them draped in the Union Jack. They were only Irish for the tax breaks.
  • D*****D***** Posts: 3,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is a ridiculous thread. Not to mention offensive.

Absolute garbage. :eek:
    Forum Member
    irishguy wrote: »
    hahahahaha catch yerself on!

back beneath your bridge.

eh excuse me, if ya don't have anything constructive to say blah blah blah blah :rolleyes:

just as a very small matter of interest which one of these are not proud of their irish ansestory
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

What about Morrissey's song 'Irish Blood, English Heart'? I think you can be proud to be English but also proud of your Irish roots.
    Forum Member
    What about Morrissey's song 'Irish Blood, English Heart'? I think you can be proud to be English but also proud of your Irish roots.

Exactly I couldn't agree more:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I dont remember anyone of them proclaiming to be Irish (apart from O'Leary)... in fact, Morrissey is very proud of his English culture. Sure they admit they're Irish roots but I think they would all say they were English.
    Forum Member
    irishguy wrote: »
    I dont remember anyone of them proclaiming to be Irish (apart from O'Leary)... in fact, Morrissey is very proud of his English culture. Sure they admit they're Irish roots but I think they would all say they were English.

Well after hearing and seeing Morrisey in concert and on television on numerous occations talking about being from Crumlin in Dublin and saying that he is very proud of being irish so I beg to differ on him, I know he's english but it doesn't stop him from being proud of being irish as well, Noel Gallaher has been on 'the late late show' on more than 2 occations taking about being very proud of being irish, and just as recently as 2 months ago Boy George was on Rte 1 talking about how he loves being from Ireland