Will Graham Noton try to hoodwink his way into doctor Who again this series?

GogfumbleGogfumble Posts: 22,155
Forum Member
✭✭✭
So, In the first episode of the series' return in 2005 we had Mr Nortons ghostly voice interrupt proceedings while Rose was being chased through the department stores storerooms.

Then, for series 5 we had outrage and the eventual extermination of Norton when he interrupted the cliffhanger to The Time of Angels.

So, who wants to take bets on when/if/where he will make his way into series 6. If anything he is bound to show up on a tv screen, as he did in Torchwood.

For those that still haven't forgiven him for Time of Angels, you can enjoy his extermination once more: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnpZS_54uoA

:D

Comments

• SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Graham is a good sport :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,248
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To be fair, neither were his fault.

And also, his next appearance, based on current patterns, means we'll next see him in 2015...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 604
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

And also, his next appearance, based on current patterns, means we'll next see him in 2015...

Wibbly Wobbly, 'n' all that :D

My guess... It'll be in Episode 7, and the Silence have just told the Doctor that River's true identity lies just behind a 10 foot door.

With great caution, the Doctor commands his Sonic Screwdriver to open the portal to his future, and River's past...
    But as the door creakily opens, a small shadow is seen emerging erratically from the distance... Rapidly consuming the Doctor's view.

He flinches, as the impossible shadow now towers frightfully above him...

Only to see that it is the shape of a dancing Norton prancing annoyingly by his side...

[Cue Cliffhanger]
  • CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    River Song: I need you to be calm... because when I tell you... everything will change.

The Doctor: ...just tell me.. who are you, River Song?

Voice: HELLO! Join me, Graham Norton, for an evening of fun, games and a big red chair! Up next, on BBC1!

The Doctor: No.... it can't be. That's impossible....

- theme music -
  • GogfumbleGogfumble Posts: 22,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

really? I thought all BBC presenters were also in charge of sound and idents too?

• EaglestrikerEaglestriker Posts: 3,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There was a video on YouTube (which I can't find anymore!) of someone attempting to play the Doctor Who Adventure Games but has Norton Antivirus popping up and causing it to stutter.

He felt it was worth filming for irony's sake :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CD93 wrote: »
    River Song: I need you to be calm... because when I tell you... everything will change.

The Doctor: ...just tell me.. who are you, River Song?

Voice: HELLO! Join me, Graham Norton, for an evening of fun, games and a big red chair! Up next, on BBC1!

The Doctor: No.... it can't be. That's impossible....

- theme music -

If that happen i would flip out and want to hurt someone at the BBC, if I couldn't stop laughing my head off at first (would be funnier if it was done in a massive close up as well)
  • scott26985scott26985 Posts: 1,012
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gogfumble wrote: »
    So, In the first episode of the series' return in 2005 we had Mr Nortons ghostly voice interrupt proceedings while Rose was being chased through the department stores storerooms.

Little Fact for you:

This never happened in Scotland. There was a football game that day so Norton's show was on BBC2 instead. Dr Who was shown on BBC1 at the same time as the rest of the Uk but there was no Norton voice so BBC Scotland must have been broadcasting it themselves. :D

Just wondered if other parts of the UK didn't get that mistake?
  • SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There was a video on YouTube (which I can't find anymore!) of someone attempting to play the Doctor Who Adventure Games but has Norton Antivirus popping up and causing it to stutter.

He felt it was worth filming for irony's sake :D

I love that :D
  • roland ratroland rat Posts: 13,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If Norton dosnt appear, Im phoning the bbc to complain:D:D:D
  • GogfumbleGogfumble Posts: 22,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    roland rat wrote: »
    If Norton dosnt appear, Im phoning the bbc to complain:D:D:D

I think the least we should get is an intentional shot of him on a tv or something.

We are going to spend the whole series playing spot the Norton! :D
  • ilovedrwho123ilovedrwho123 Posts: 394
    Forum Member

I think the least we should get is an intentional shot of him on a tv or something.

if we're going to do that why don't we make a thread on it
  • Jules 1Jules 1 Posts: 2,543
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    scott26985 wrote: »
    Little Fact for you:

This never happened in Scotland. There was a football game that day so Norton's show was on BBC2 instead. Dr Who was shown on BBC1 at the same time as the rest of the Uk but there was no Norton voice so BBC Scotland must have been broadcasting it themselves. :D

Didn't happen in Wales either.
  • liquidJPliquidJP Posts: 1,999
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The moff loves a joke, I am sure we will spot him on a Tv somewhere!

Slightly off topic today but towards the end of a program on Sky Atlantic today they did the 3-way split screen thing, shunk the prog down to a quater and played a trailer for a new series, now can you imagine if that happened!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,170
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's not due to return untill the 2015 Series silly.
  • EaglestrikerEaglestriker Posts: 3,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jules 1 wrote: »
    Didn't happen in Wales either.

Didn't it? I live in Wales...although I am near the border so perhaps I picked up North West instead.
  • nattoyakinattoyaki Posts: 7,080
    Forum Member
    Graham Nauton?

*grabs coat and scarf on his quick way out the door*
  • FuddFudd Posts: 166,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The big risk is Eurovision night - that's the most likely time for Graham to invade the Whoniverse again. That's the night of The Doctor's Wife...could be interesting! :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fudd wrote: »
    The big risk is Eurovision night - that's the most likely time for Graham to invade the Whoniverse again. That's the night of The Doctor's Wife...could be interesting! :D

If that happens then hopefully the next week we'd get to see Neil Gaiman personally execute Norton as a small prologue to the next episode ;)
  • silentNatesilentNate Posts: 84,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    scott26985 wrote: »
    Little Fact for you:

Wasn't Norton's voice detectable on the bootleg version released through torrent sites courtesy of CBC though? :confused:

You would have thought that they would have picked up on it then :(
  • outsideoutside Posts: 5,610
    Forum Member
    silentNate wrote: »
    Wasn't Norton's voice detectable on the bootleg version released through torrent sites courtesy of CBC though? :confused:

You would have thought that they would have picked up on it then :(

That version was leaked before the episode was even broadcast on BBC1.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 901
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just hope if he does, someone will post it online for those of us not in the UK!

so glad the USA is able to count down the days with y'all this time...the suffering I had during last series after being so used to being in the UK - I couldn't take it again! lol
  • Pliny the ElderPliny the Elder Posts: 2,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why doesn't the Moff give Graham Norton a part in the next series? That way he could be part of the series legitimately. :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 153
    Forum Member

Then, for series 5 we had outrage and the eventual extermination of Norton when he interrupted the cliffhanger to The Time of Angels.

So, who wants to take bets on when/if/where he will make his way into series 6. If anything he is bound to show up on a tv screen, as he did in Torchwood.

For those that still haven't forgiven him for Time of Angels, you can enjoy his extermination once more: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnpZS_54uoA

Whose Graham Noton?
  • MansunMansun Posts: 2,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sure you're not thinking of Paul O'Grady there?