Labour might have won the election !

Comments

• LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,650
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It really depends on how anyone defines "winning" in this election since the old fashioned idea of getting a majority is out of the window.

Come tomorrow morning I'm sure all parties will be claiming some kind of victory:

Tories because they have the most seats and/or votes
    SNP for winning Scotland
    UKIP for actually winning a seat or two in a general election
    Greens for holding onto Brighton and increasing their percentage nationwide
    PC for not being wiped out
    Lib Dems because the want to be in government
    Labour for coming second in England and Scotland which means...er.. that they have won.
  • iain_stevenson1iain_stevenson1 Posts: 1,349
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    80sfan wrote: »
    As much as I wish to see Miliband as PM, let's not get carried away just yet.....

I agree but as someone who hates everything the tories stand for I am getting more optimistic by the minute ! :D
  • AlbacomAlbacom Posts: 34,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    God, you lot are hilarious! This is the best fun I've had in ages.
  • mossy2103mossy2103 Posts: 84,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    80sfan wrote: »
    As much as I wish to see Miliband as PM, let's not get carried away just yet.....

Agreed - perhaps if the results warrant it at around 4am tomorrow morning though
  • yellowlabbieyellowlabbie Posts: 59,081
    Forum Member
    wizzywick wrote: »
    God, you lot are hilarious! This is the best fun I've had in ages.

Oh my you must lead one dull life:D
  • deptfordbakerdeptfordbaker Posts: 22,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Reports say David Cameron has been getting gloomy reports of polling in marginal constituencies for the past few days . Movement towards labour. Polls are now picking this up

I never thought I would be glad to hear that the Conservatives are losing, but I am desperately hoping that there will not be another coalition with the Lib Dem's. If Cameron had guaranteed that in the manifesto I might have voted for him. I would like to see a Conservative majority.
  • MTUK1MTUK1 Posts: 20,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree but as someone who hates everything the tories stand for I am getting more optimistic by the minute ! :D

Really? Is it making your posts up that's making you optimistic?
  • Amanda_RaymondAmanda_Raymond Posts: 2,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Let's keep our fingers crossed, but a majority isnt going to happen, even if Labour held on to their Scottish seats, I think Labour would be just over 300
  • TassiumTassium Posts: 31,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is the idea behind this thread to encourage people to not bother voting Labour?

Edit: I'm just going to come out and say it, the OP is a Conservative supporter.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Reports say David Cameron has been getting gloomy reports of polling in marginal constituencies for the past few days . Movement towards labour. Polls are now picking this up

What reports? Where's the link?

Reports from NewStatesman and Labour Uncut have been saying the same about Labour.......
  • ecco66ecco66 Posts: 16,117
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MTUK1 wrote: »
    Really? Is it making your posts up that's making you optimistic?
    Really, these are the realms of fantasy!
  • tangsmantangsman Posts: 3,661
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If this turns out to be true, it confirms my suspicions the UK public are incredibly stupid.

Do you really want Miliband, a political lightweight, as PM?
    Even more scary is Ed Balls in charge of the economy! I wouldn't let him manage a child's piggy bank let alone the nation's finances.

What a choice. Evil Tories or Labour clowns?

Someone start a revolution please.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 257
    Forum Member
    I shouldn't be reading this because now I am getting hopeful/excited. And I remember 92.

Not trying to bring others down here, just trying to 'manage my expectations'.
  • Dr. LinusDr. Linus Posts: 6,445
    Forum Member
    With the exception of the SNP, there are no winners in this election, just those who have lost the least. And the SNP can only go downhill from here unfortunately.

Labour have failed to capitalise on a very unpopular government and inspire a widely disenfranchised electorate. They will probably be the next government but only in the merest way possible.

The Conservatives have failed to justify their presence in government and inspire any kind of positive support whatsoever, campaigning in an overtly negative and bleak way. Their credibility has plummeted compared to 2010.

The Lib Dems have felt the weight of their mistake in 2010 and are struggling to pick up the pieces.

UKIP have failed to translate their hype into meaningful results and power. This is largely a result of our archaic FPTP system but it's still a failure.

The Greens have failed to enrapture the disillusioned Lib Dem voters lost since 2010 and look to be in exactly the same position as 5 years ago.

The SNP have peaked insanely but there is absolutely nowhere they can go from here apart from another referendum (which will not be popular) or getting into bed at Westminster (which the faithful will not be happy about).

So yeah, everyone has come out badly this time around. Labour will probably scramble to the finish line and claim the prize but it's hardly been a succesful campaign.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tassium wrote: »
    Is the idea behind this thread to encourage people to not bother voting Labour?

Edit: I'm just going to come out and say it, the OP is a Conservative supporter.

You raise a valid point which is why polls are not meant to be discussed or hinted upon until after 10pm.
  • jojoenojojoeno Posts: 1,842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maryjh wrote: »
    I shouldn't be reading this because now I am getting hopeful/excited. And I remember 92.

Not trying to bring others down here, just trying to 'manage my expectations'.

Jaysus its going to be one nail-biter of a night watching the telly , cant wait , I wish it was 3 am already. I need a time machine to transport me to 3 am now.
  • Pat_SmithPat_Smith Posts: 2,104
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have had a sneaking suspicion that Miliband might confound this critics and win a small majority for a while now.

This is impossible, in reality.
  • MorlockMorlock Posts: 3,211
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cameron peaked way too early, and Lynton Crosby hasn't helped with his Milliband bacon butty campaign, the UK population is generally more intelligent than Australia's.

Miliband has kept fairly quiet for the last five years, and has peaked just at the right time, revealing himself recently as a formidable opponent in sufficient time but before the right-wing press has had much of a chance to snap more bacon butty pics.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You tipped your hand their mate.

I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out that this sort of "big up" Labour thing was a co-ordinated plan from the Conservatives.
  • PunksNotDeadPunksNotDead Posts: 21,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's been fairly obvious for some time now..
  • SurrenderBillSurrenderBill Posts: 19,084
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh for the love of Cod! Stop this, we won't know anything until we know something, and as yet we don't know something, other than this thread is a waste of time.
  • Sky_GuySky_Guy Posts: 6,859
    Forum Member
    It's been fairly obvious for some time now..

Calm down dear, we know nothing of the result.
  • 80sfan80sfan Posts: 18,522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Morlock wrote: »
    Cameron peaked way too early, and Lynton Crosby hasn't helped with his Milliband bacon butty campaign, the UK population is generally more intelligent than Australia's.

Miliband has kept fairly quiet for the last five years, and has peaked just at the right time, revealing himself recently as a formidable opponent in sufficient time but before the right-wing press has had much of a chance to snap more bacon butty pics.

For me the way Miliband stood up to both Cameron and Johnson secured him with my vote.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pork.pie wrote: »
    Oh for the love of Cod! Stop this, we won't know anything until we know something, and as yet we don't know something, other than this thread is a waste of time.

The OP is not real. For example he talks of "reports" that David Cameron has been getting for days...

Seriously? And the OP knows of this stuff does he, some guy on the internet?
  • AcerBenAcerBen Posts: 21,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I reckon all those unfair front pages from yesterday has helped Labour