Sky TV Price REDUCTION

Crapital FartCrapital Fart Posts: 401
Forum Member
Sky TV prices went up in June 2015 and there was a lot of coverage on these forums and other forums and websites.

Recently the prices have decreased to less than last year's prices, but there is no mention of the drop in price on any forums or websites that I can find.

examples

Original bundle was £21.50, no change in June, now reduced to £20

Sports bundle was £46, then £47 in June, now reduced to £45.50

Movies bundle was £38, then £38.50 in June, now reduced to £37

what's really annoying is that although everyone's prices automatically went up in June, they do not bring the prices down to the current lower rates for any existing subscribers, so we carry on paying the higher June 2015 charge rather than the new lower prices.

Comments

• catsaregreycatsaregrey Posts: 1,128
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Recently the prices have decreased to less than last year's prices, but there is no mention of the drop in price on any forums or websites that I can find.....

what's really annoying is that although everyone's prices automatically went up in June, they do not bring the prices down to the current lower rates for any existing subscribers, so we carry on paying the higher June 2015 charge rather than the new lower prices.

think youve answered your own question there
  • stvn758stvn758 Posts: 19,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    think youve answered your own question there

Yep!

Personally, not feeling like congratulating new subscribers on their good fortune.
  • StueyStuey Posts: 683
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Downgrade your package then upgrade back again. This should get you the new cheaper rates.

Eg. If you've got Sports, cancel Sports. Then in 31 days time, when Sports goes off, upgrade back and you should find you then get your Sports cheaper.

You might also be offered a retention deal in the process so even better!
  • sparrysparry Posts: 2,057
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had sport on an offer from July (£10 a month extra), this was due to end in October so I rang them in September to cancel.

They offered me same deal again on the phone, but what I actually got was £10 off my total TV bill. When I rang to query this they refused to change the offer so I told them to cancel sport.

Got an email the other day offering half price sport for a year so have taken that.
  • d'@ved'@ve Posts: 45,526
    Forum Member
    It's the competition from lower-priced BT packages. This is good!

There is no way on this earth that the lower prices mentioned would have been introduced without the BT competition at the lower end of the market, which made the Sky Original Pack look particularly poor value for money. No way José. Same applies to the marvellous 35% to 60% discounts that many of us grabbed gleefully with both hands. I only got 50% off. :(
  • jenziejenzie Posts: 20,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pity they're humping up the phone prices, changing their packages, so now i'm going to have to pay a FIVER more!!!

4 for the new phone package
    extra quid added to line rental

so i basically wipes out the lesser price on the original pack!
  • albundy73albundy73 Posts: 2,036
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The £4 for evening and weekend calls can be removed. If you have inclusive minutes on your mobile use these instead.