Options

Ruth Jones & Friends

The ManglerThe Mangler Posts: 1,890
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Think this is only on in Wales but possibly networked later. Just wondered if anyone else saw this and if so, your thoughts?

Now I love Ruth Jones, she can do very little wrong in my eyes but this was pitiful. Im not sure if she was aiming to be the tacky 1970s type '& Friends' show that was on every Christmas but it was apalling with just a few very funny moments. And as for the singing...............well I can see why she and James Corden are actors :D

Comments

• Options
    thecowisbackthecowisback Posts: 122
    Forum Member
    i was really looking forward to this but turned off after michael ball. it was terribly scripted and far too cheesy. i haven't watched 'ar y tracs' yet, i hope it's better than this!
  • Options
    mb@2daymb@2day Posts: 10,788
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wonder if the show might have been an attempting to be ironic. Perhaps if Ruth had invited more unwitting welsh zelebs on it might have been interesting instead of predictable.
  • Options
    Welsh-ladWelsh-lad Posts: 51,925
    Forum Member
    It was awful. She looked so awkward as well, as if she wasn't enjoying it.
  • Options
    marke09marke09 Posts: 12,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Seemed to be one big ad for Gavin and Stacey and ar y tracs to me - not very good guests and they seemed rushed - should have cut the number down to 3 and had more time with each of them.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 263
    Forum Member
    Just watched via iplayer. Have to say I enjoyed the show very much.
  • Options
    Andy BirkenheadAndy Birkenhead Posts: 13,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like Ruth Jones. When was this on ? Was it in the Welsh language ? Were there subtitles for us English people ?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 500
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No, it's in English - should be on BBC iPlayer.

She also wrote and starred in a (welsh-language) drama called 'Ar y tracs' (on the tracks), which is on the S4C website, and there is english subtitles available if you're interested.