✭✭✭
    Cue panic buying in January...
  • SpiderMan 83SpiderMan 83 Posts: 11,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ustarion wrote: »

Buying for what?

We r not winning the league can not buy anyone decent to play for us in cl. I can see him not buying now he has nout to fight for.

Oh well he is getting what he paid for in August, we are exactly where we r suppose to be.
  • BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    ustarion wrote: »
    Who'd want to come to Arsenal? :kitty:

Plus it's unlikely any signings will propel our chances of finishing..................fourth. This squad is good enough to do that, provided Walcott returns.

If the ambition is to win the league, then changes need to be made upstairs and downstairs.
  • HaydenHayden Posts: 32,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you'd have said at the end of September that 2 months later we'd be 2 points behind Newcastle...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 311
    Forum Member
    Got back shortly after Gibbs scored the own goal so I didn't see how much we dominated the match, but from what I have seen Wenger is not the problem. It is the players. They have let him down yet again.

Well done to Giroud, and props to Alexis and the Ox for trying. Unlucky Gibbs.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Must give credit to De Gea he has been their saving grace. We need a keeper like him so badly.
  • GoodwinGoodwin Posts: 6,576
    Forum Member
    Arsenal's worst start to a season since 1982 apparently. Lowest points total after 12 games in other words.
  • BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    Goodwin wrote: »
    Arsenal's worst start to a season since 1982 apparently. Lowest points total after 12 games in other words.
    Yep, but when put into context Arsenal are only a few points behind the prized target of fourth. Says loads about the quality of the league.

Other than Chelsea, no league position looks to be solidified. And I imagine a low points total will get Arsenal European football next season.

Wenger will do his best to make sure Arsenal play in Europe, and that's that. At his age he'll do well to squeeze a league title out of the squad.
  • Cissy FairfaxCissy Fairfax Posts: 11,801
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That was an absolute croc of shite. How the hell did we manage to fail to penetrate a defence like theirs for 95 minutes? They were all over the place for the first half, over 30 shots on goal until then and not a single one of any quality, nearly all straight at DeGea.

I dont really know what Cazorla brings to the side. When you consider some of the flak and collective groans any time plenty of past players have suffered in the last 10 years, he is one of a few players who escape that, despite having cost more and earnt more than almost all of them and not done as much.
  • Cissy FairfaxCissy Fairfax Posts: 11,801
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yep, but when put into context Arsenal are only a few points behind the prized target of fourth. Says loads about the quality of the league.

Other than Chelsea, no league position looks to be solidified. And I imagine a low points total will get Arsenal European football next season.

Wenger will do his best to make sure Arsenal play in Europe, and that's that. At his age he'll do well to squeeze a league title out of the squad.

Exactly. The points total is academic.

If the team in 5th finishes this season on 45 points, we'll make sure we finish on 46. If 5th ends on 75, we will finish on 76. The individual matches that contribute towards that are largely academic.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Who'd want to come to Arsenal? :kitty:

Plus it's unlikely any signings will propel our chances of finishing..................fourth. This squad is good enough to do that, provided Walcott returns.

The thing is now we will not win the league, some of the players will not give 100% and will not care as they feel they can get 4th easy. This could be dangerous and could cost us top 4. Lets not be too confident we can get 4th because the league this season is not straight forward.

I just do not think our players are motivated or really care.
  • soteksotek Posts: 3,246
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    2p wrote: »
    Got back shortly after Gibbs scored the own goal so I didn't see how much we dominated the match, but from what I have seen Wenger is not the problem. It is the players. They have let him down yet again.

Yep, absolutely NOTHING to do with the manager who has been in charge for 18 years!

Just for the record though ... who is responsible for buying those players, responsible for training those players, responsible for motivating those players and responsible for the tactics those players employed on the field? Stan Kroenke I suppose!

Sometimes it seems people live in their own parallel world!
  • NorthernNinnyNorthernNinny Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mitu_Pappi wrote: »
    Now i know why Man U sold Welback. He is rubbish.

He's a good player but not a natural goal scorer.
  • HaydenHayden Posts: 32,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Exactly. The points total is academic.

If the team in 5th finishes this season on 45 points, we'll make sure we finish on 46. If 5th ends on 75, we will finish on 76. The individual matches that contribute towards that are largely academic.

And then we'll bollox up an easily winnable Champions League group.
    Stumble through in second place and be knocked out by one of the big boys in February.
    Just like last year and the one before and the one before that....

I can't believe anybody can get excited by that all over again. We're living in suspended animation.
  • willrelf92willrelf92 Posts: 15,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shame to lose to United once again - we just can't seem to beat them anymore, not in recent seasons anyway. Don't think we played particularly badly but we just can't finish and the less said about our defence the better. Onto the Champions League.
    Forum Member
    sotek wrote: »
    Yep, absolutely NOTHING to do with the manager who has been in charge for 18 years!

Just for the record though ... who is responsible for buying those players, responsible for training those players, responsible for motivating those players and responsible for the tactics those players employed on the field? Stan Kroenke I suppose!

Sometimes it seems people live in their own parallel world!

Out of those 18 years how many of those has Wenger really be truly in charge? How many of those has he been able to just go out and buy whoever he wanted to create his own perfect team?

Wenger has been unselfish and humble and got on with his work quietly despite the increasing hate from gooners. He had some good transfer activity this summer but he didn't buy any defenders because the budget he was given was up. The board seem to prioritise budget over strengthening because of their vision to be a financial powerhouse in the near future. I'm not saying it's right but that's exactly what is happening.

They haven't paid off the debt yet, and we don't have hundreds of millions to spend like the media have been suggesting. We just have to be patient, the better times will come very soon I promise.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Out of those 18 years how many of those has Wenger really be truly in charge? How many of those has he been able to just go out and buy whoever he wanted to create his own perfect team?

Wenger has been unselfish and humble and got on with his work quietly despite the increasing hate from gooners. He had some good transfer activity this summer but he didn't buy any defenders because the budget he was given was up. The board seem to prioritise budget over strengthening because of their vision to be a financial powerhouse in the near future. I'm not saying it's right but that's exactly what is happening.

They haven't paid off the debt yet, and we don't have hundreds of millions to spend like the media have been suggesting. We just have to be patient, the better times will come very soon I promise.

Utterly ridiculous comments. Frankly I don't have the self restraint to answer you politely. Better times soon? You're not living in anything approaching the real world.

By the way you didn't answer the questions I posed in my first post.
  • robborocksrobborocks Posts: 2,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Utterly ridiculous comments. Frankly I don't have the self restraint to answer you politely. Better times soon? You're not living in anything approaching the real world.

Agree with all you've said.

That poster is a pure WUM and given the bans handed out to previous decent posters here (Tel, Red Oktober) I'm amazed they are allowed to remain here.
  • satellitesatellite Posts: 8,181
    Forum Member
    robborocks wrote: »
    Agree with all you've said.

That poster is a pure WUM and given the bans handed out to previous decent posters here (Tel, Red Oktober) I'm amazed they are allowed to remain here.

Agree, WUM - definitely. I don't bother responding anymore.
    Forum Member

By the way you didn't answer the questions I posed in my first post.

I didn't answer it because you gave a pretty decent answer yourself.

- Very much likely to finish fourth
    - Injured players are making great progress so soon our team should be complete
    - Debt is becoming more manageable so the next few years should be exciting
    - Giroud return looks promising

Yes I am very disappointed to lose at home...to United of all teams, to a poor United at that. However, finding a scapegoat will not fix those problems, and Klopp or another manager like him certainly wouldn't.

@Robbo, in what world would I be banned for feeling sorry for Wenger?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't answer it because you gave a pretty decent answer yourself.

- Very much likely to finish fourth
    - Injured players are making great progress so soon our team should be complete
    - Debt is becoming more manageable so the next few years should be exciting
    - Giroud return looks promising

Yes I am very disappointed to lose at home...to United of all teams, to a poor United at that. However, finding a scapegoat will not fix those problems, and Klopp or another manager like him certainly wouldn't.

@Robbo, in what world would I be banned for feeling sorry for Wenger?

Except I didn't say any of those things. Try again.

To everyone else, yes I know I'm feeding the troll and I should know better. Sorry and I'll stop now.
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    Maybe my shirt (Ozil 11) is a bad omen, I wore it today and last week and we lost! I'm sorry! :(
  • SnrDevSnrDev Posts: 6,094
    Forum Member
    As Leicester fan and a deeply committed ABU, I watched this in my living room stood up for most of the 2nd half - that's how bad it was. How can Manure get away with being totally outplayed for 99 minutes and win? FFS, us supporters of lesser clubs look to teams like you lot, ManC, even Spurs, to do Manure. Heck we put 5 past them with some amount of everything going right on the day, and here we are 2 months on seeing them get totally outplayed & out-fought in all depts except scoring, and they roll out of town with an easy victory. I love Arsenal, the way they play, the way they're run, their approach to the game, the fact that they went unbeaten for a season not so long ago. What's going on...?

ETA. Sorry. Just had enough of them coming out on top time after time.
  • NorthernNinnyNorthernNinny Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SnrDev wrote: »
    As Leicester fan and a deeply committed ABU, I watched this in my living room stood up for most of the 2nd half - that's how bad it was. How can Manure get away with being totally outplayed for 99 minutes and win? FFS, us supporters of lesser clubs look to teams like you lot, ManC, even Spurs, to do Manure. Heck we put 5 past them with some amount of everything going right on the day, and here we are 2 months on seeing them get totally outplayed & out-fought in all depts except scoring, and they roll out of town with an easy victory. I love Arsenal, the way they play, the way they're run, their approach to the game, the fact that they went unbeaten for a season not so long ago. What's going on...?

ETA. Sorry. Just had enough of them coming out on top time after time.

Manure? Really?
  • SnrDevSnrDev Posts: 6,094
    Forum Member
    Manure? Really?
    Always have been. always will be. I also refer to those top Texan blues rockers as Zed Zed Top. Hope that's ok with you....

:)

Bless...
This discussion has been closed.