And That's Why Pete Goes to Iceland?

NotaTypoNotaTypo Posts: 4,253
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Ah Iceland, home of Kerry Katona's Prawn Ring, Peter Andre's career and dubiously fonted christmas nibbles! Check out #MingePies on twitter!:D

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B1DfUx6IcAAPtRY.jpg:large

Turns out it was someone having a laugh, but it would probably have more nutrition value than most of the frozen "food" sold there.

Comments

• BlueEyedMrsPBlueEyedMrsP Posts: 12,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I do a lot of our monthly shopping there, although the only ready meal we buy is one family lasagne. Most of our shopping list is frozen meat, frozen veg, and staples like eggs, cheese, bread, milk, etc. It does seem rather silly to expect people to believe Peter Andre or any celebrity for that matter shops there. I mean really.

Minge pie... lol, that 'C' does look an awful lot like a 'G' to be fair. :D
  • pollipolli Posts: 2,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do a lot of our monthly shopping there, although the only ready meal we buy is one family lasagne. Most of our shopping list is frozen meat, frozen veg, and staples like eggs, cheese, bread, milk, etc. It does seem rather silly to expect people to believe Peter Andre or any celebrity for that matter shops there. I mean really.

It's meant to look like a *G* Mrs P . It's a rather good mock up , not the real deal .
    Funny though :kitty:
    Especially on the day their mince pies won the Good Housekeeping crown for the best mince pies on offer of all the major stores (16 stores in all).
    HEAD TO ICELAND FOR THE BEST MINCE PIES, SAYS GOOD HOUSEKEEPING

Good Housekeeping has awarded the title of Britain’s best mince pie to Iceland for our Luxury Mince Pies.
    They praised their ‘crumbly buttery pastry’ that was ‘generously filled with sweet, fruity mincemeat’. And at just £1.50 for a pack of six, our Luxury Mince Pies cost a fraction of those sold by many of our rivals that we beat to the crown of Britain's Best Mince Pies. So you don't need to splash out on mince pies to enjoy the taste of luxury this Christmas.
    http://www.iceland.co.uk/whats-cool/britains-best-mince-pies/
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Saw that picture on my FB feed about 5 times today and it is a brilliant mock up.

Have to say, mince pies are the food of the devil in my world so minge pies actually sound marginally more appealing
  • artlesschaosartlesschaos Posts: 11,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Or the idea that because he says he goes there, suddenly every middle-class middle-aged woman with a bra to chuck thinks "Sod Ocado and M & S, I'm orf to Iceland!"

So funny. :D:D
  • BelaBela Posts: 2,568
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NotaTypo wrote: »
    Ah Iceland, home of Kerry Katona's Prawn Ring, Peter Andre's career and dubiously fonted christmas nibbles! Check out #MingePies on twitter!:D

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B1DfUx6IcAAPtRY.jpg:large

Turns out it was someone having a laugh, but it would probably have more nutrition value than most of the frozen "food" sold there.

:D Much more creative than the ads.
  • GroutyGrouty Posts: 34,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    * pops down to Iceland

:D
  • CravenHavenCravenHaven Posts: 13,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    NotaTypo wrote: »
    Kerry Katona's Prawn Ring
    That was stretched a bit by her steroid-enhanced bodybuilding boyfriend. It's probably the size of a liferaft now.
  • JerrybobJerrybob Posts: 1,685
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Isn't this more suited to General chatter where there is an identical thread?
  • Westy2Westy2 Posts: 14,493
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I suppose Len Goodman goes to FarmFoods ..... not!
  • BlueEyedMrsPBlueEyedMrsP Posts: 12,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    polli wrote: »
    It's meant to look like a *G* Mrs P . It's a rather good mock up , not the real deal .
    Funny though :kitty:

Oh. :blush: I can be a bit blonde at times. :D
  • Blue Eyed ladyBlue Eyed lady Posts: 6,007
    Forum Member
    Or the idea that because he says he goes there, suddenly every middle-class middle-aged woman with a bra to chuck thinks "Sod Ocado and M & S, I'm orf to Iceland!"

So funny. :D:D

What?:confused: You mean you've not stopped shopping at your local M & S & replaced it with Iceland in the hope of seeing PA pushing his trolley up & down the aisles?
  • SupportSupport Posts: 70,743
    Administrator
    This thread is not on-topic for the Showbiz forum.
This discussion has been closed.