Steven acting like Supernanny

RuinedGirlRuinedGirl Posts: 918
Forum Member
✭✭
Steven and Kim's conversation when she apologised to him was like watching Supernanny's strategy when dealing with a naughty child:

Isolating Kim by putting her on the naughty step and withdrawing his affection from her due to her behaviour, making sure she knows that he is absolutely right and she is absolutely wrong at all times, leaving Kim alone to think about how bad she's been, waiting for Kim to come to him and apologise, making sure Kim knows exactly what she's apologising for (by getting her to clarify several times exactly what she did wrong.) Then once the apology is deemed sufficient and he knows Kim feels bad enough for her 'inappropriate behaviour', giving her the honour of his approval again whilst at the same time making sure Kim knows not to do it ever again or his approval shall quickly be withdrawn and she'll be back on the naughty step to think about just how awful she is. He even added in the classic guilt trip of blame: ''You're making me look/feel bad by behaving the way you do.''

It's actually really creepy to watch, and it's disturbing to me that he finds it acceptable to behave that way.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,444
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I said the same thing!

"what are you apologising for?"
    "how much do I love you?"
    "Kiiiiiiim?"

It was truly awful!
  • strictmachinestrictmachine Posts: 3,099
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Summed it up perfectly. When he kept getting her to say why she was apologising and then told her to stop saying sorry because it was upsetting him it creeped me right out.
  • RuinedGirlRuinedGirl Posts: 918
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Typical strategy of control: Chastise someone for the slightest thing they do, turn it into a huge issue, make the other person feel so bad that they get upset and apologise profusely to you, then somehow manage to manipulate the situation by telling the person who you've made feel bad, that they've made YOU feel bad.
  • sutiesutie Posts: 32,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've never known anyone so needy AND arrogant at the same time. :confused:
  • RuinedGirlRuinedGirl Posts: 918
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think he's one of those people who needs to control everyone around him to maintain his sense of superiority. The guy has some serious issues and shouldn't be in a relationship until he gets some serious counselling.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,856
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've never seen such a male bunny boiler, he is soo controlling. But with Helen backing him up Kim is falling for everything.
    I think its Steven who's the gameplayer, he's reeled her in, and is using her for everything he can get. The more I see of her the more i think she really does like him. So many people think its her, but wait and see he's in it for the fame.