Options

Nice and not very nice celebrities who you have met

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    M@nterik wrote: »
    Cilla Black is not very pleasant, apparently.

http://www.pprune.org/cabin-crew/300180-who-your-nicest-celebs.html

Really enjoyed looking through that thread :):):):)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,775
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rachelgata wrote: »
    I recently met Colin Morgan who plays Merlin in Merlin. Very sweet, shy, obliging, modest, enthusiastic, down to earth. Very good looking in person - beautiful eyes and perfect skin :p.

Was he charismatic? Whenever he is interviewed on TV he always seems robotic (although that could be the shyness).
  • Options
    fox on the runfox on the run Posts: 224
    Forum Member
    Paul OGrady & Jermaine Jenas very nice

John Stapleton & Dawn French not so friendly.
  • Options
    loveloveXloveloveX Posts: 4,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My dream came true on Wednesday when i met Jennifer Aniston at the horrible bosses premiere and it's true what everyone says about her, she is just the greatest, so kind and gracious and signed everyones autographs and even gave me a hug.

Jason Bateman and Jason Sudekies are equally as nice and very charming, lovely lovely people
  • Options
    wilehelmaswilehelmas Posts: 3,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    boddism wrote: »
    Havent met him but went to the recording of a Room 101 many years ago when Nick Hancock was doing it. when the warm up guys announced that he was the guest there was an audible groan come up from the audience (the poor bastard possibly heard that...)

Well he came on & was more charming & personable than his public persona ever really indicated. When the camera was off he continued to talk to & jokewith the audience & was generally v amiable & professional whilst Nick Hancock just totally switched off/went blank.

I think he won over the audience that night & I had MUCH more respect for him after that night.

Now I might be wrong here but a few months ago wasn't Bob Monkhouse the subject of a programme that revealed he collected, nay hoarded, old filmtape of shows and TV stuff and he stored and logged it meticulously at his home?

I think it was his wife who revealed he had this wonderful collection of archive stuff that he had saved from all over the place and on his death they went to film it. I am sure it was Bob Monkhouse. I thought it was nice he had this secret hobby/passion and yet another side to him people did not know about.I think the point was it wold enhance the British archive record because there was lots of old footage that was held nowhere else. I hope I'm remembering this right!

He was always considered cheesy but quite often these people are genuinely warm and caring. Forget over-marketed Nations Sweetheart types it's people like these who are/were classic gems and also not likely to hit you in a public toilet!).
  • Options
    wilehelmaswilehelmas Posts: 3,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really enjoyed looking through that thread :):):):)

What I adore about that thread is that Cilla Black is as universally loathed in July 2011 as she was in November 2007 (when the thread started!). Lol. So, no improvement then in 4 years?

What a legend. :D:eek::D
  • Options
    GrecomaniaGrecomania Posts: 19,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Could people please say Cher lloyd, she really isn't "cher", to 99% of the world:)
  • Options
    madeinliverpoolmadeinliverpool Posts: 86
    Forum Member
    I am quite frankly disgusted about the slander towards national treasure and original scouse girl gone good Cilla.

I ran into her at Westfield shopping centre in Liverpool. After admiring her coat - which she told me she'd made just that morning from freshly skinned puppies - she planted a big sloppy kiss on my cheek and let me have a picture too!!

Lovely, lovely woman. Aren't we allowed the odd "off day" to be a wee bit moody? Obviously not on DS...
  • Options
    unclekevounclekevo Posts: 20,749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    By Cher was Cher, he meant that she was exactly how she comes across on screen, moody and distant and this was coming from someone who liked her on the show.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 38
    Forum Member
    I've waved at Nicole Kidman before in Sydney and she smiled and waved back when she was out I'm guessing running errands or something.
    Holly Willoughby was LOVELY despite me being drunk and telling her my friend thought her name was Willybum she just laughed.
    Alex Zane was an arsehole, complete and utter prick
    Nicholas Lyndhurst was a prick to my Mum when she saw him and told him she thought he was brilliant and just glared at her and walked off.

Thats about it but a mate of mine met Mariah Carey once and said she was surprisingly one of the nicest women she has ever met and told her she loved her shoes.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9
    Forum Member
    unclekevo wrote: »
    By Cher was Cher, he meant that she was exactly how she comes across on screen, moody and distant and this was coming from someone who liked her on the show.

She wasn't moody and distant on the X factor though, she was lovely. :confused:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9
    Forum Member
    Could people please say Cher lloyd, she really isn't "cher", to 99% of the world:)

Sorry :) Cher Lloyd it is
  • Options
    Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bencat88 wrote: »
    Alex Zane was an arsehole, complete and utter prick

I take it you weren't one of the good sports who appeared in the Balls of Steel studio audience and took a round of applause after being made to look a plonker on a fake quiz!
    Nicholas Lyndhurst was a prick to my Mum when she saw him and told him she thought he was brilliant and just glared at her and walked off.

Tip to your mother: it might be a good idea, when telling someone they're brilliant, to make clear in what context.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 38
    Forum Member
    Well I guess she told him he was a brilliant actor but even so, he was incredibly rude when she was just giving a compliment! And no I was not on Balls Of Steel he was DJ-ing at my uni and was just in general a complete and utter ****wit and incredibly up himself!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wilehelmas wrote: »
    What I adore about that thread is that Cilla Black is as universally loathed in July 2011 as she was in November 2007 (when the thread started!). Lol. So, no improvement then in 4 years?

What a legend. :D:eek::D
    Surprise! Surprise! :D
    Or as Nan Bibble used to call it Patronise Patronise :D
  • Options
    Dan SetteDan Sette Posts: 5,816
    Forum Member
    Chalk up another fan to Bob Monkhouse. Always had time for people and was knowledgeable about many subjects which meant he could chat away to fans after shows as if they were old friends.

Similar old school comic, Ken Dodd. Does a four to five hour show then will happily spend an hour or more chatting to fans after a show. He doesn't come across well in interviews (he's very suspicious of journalists) But loves talking to fans, less about himself, but more about the people who have come to see him and what they do and like.

Honorable mentions to Paul McCartney and Chris De Burgh.

Never meet your heros, they say, as you will only be disappointed. I was working in a studio where McCartney was working and was asked if I's like to meet him. A huge fan, I was a little dubious as I'd heard he could be a bit of a sod. (Let's be generous and say a perfectionist taskmaster)

But. He was warm, charming, keen to talk, happy to have a laugh, joked about on some instruments and organised refreshments - a truly memorable 45 minutes.

Not so much of a fan of Chris De Burgh, though my wife very much is (in the pre Lady in Red days). He was playing in Birmingham and had a problem with some monitoring equipment, which following an emergency call from his road manager, my firm were able to provide a fix. I sat with his engineer through his sound check to make sure everything was going to work OK, and he came over and chatted afterwards. I mentioned my wife was a fan but hadn't been able to get a ticket. Complimentary ones were produced. He dedicated a song to her during the show and had an invite, post show, for drinks.

Nice guy.
  • Options
    goonernataliegoonernatalie Posts: 4,179
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Paul OGrady & Jermaine Jenas very nice

John Stapleton & Dawn French not so friendly.

I saw John Stapleton at an Arsenal match(where we were still at Arsenal stadium) he was ever so nice to us arsenal fans had his photo taken etc
  • Options
    BillyCasperBillyCasper Posts: 1,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nicko McBrain (drummer from Iron Maiden)
    Matt Davies (singer from Funeral for a Friend)
    Jimmy Carr
    Noel Fielding, in fact all of the Mighty Boosh
    Phil Jupitus
    Jo Whiley
    Steve Rider
    Todd Carty

Sure I've met more just can't remember at the moment.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 494
    Forum Member
    ^^^^ Are those nice, or not so nice celebs?
  • Options
    BillyCasperBillyCasper Posts: 1,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All nice
  • Options
    deanieboydeanieboy Posts: 740
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Me and my friend met Colin Jackson yesterday at an Olympic event for a competition I'd won through work and he was lovely!! He was more than happy to pose for photos and sign autographs - he did a talk afterwards about his Olympic experience and he was so humble and cracking jokes...my friend is now slightly in love with him!!
  • Options
    katkimkatkim Posts: 10,271
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    franster wrote: »
    Was he charismatic? Whenever he is interviewed on TV he always seems robotic (although that could be the shyness).

I've met Colin Morgan too, and he's very charming although I don't think talking to lots of people and talking about himself comes naturally - maybe because he is shy. I liked him more for that, though. It was kind of adorable.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 581
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    David Tennant is a lovely bloke. He took as much time as he could to talk to me and had pictures and signed stuff.

The Hoosiers are all lovely blokes too!

Gerard Way from My Chemical Romance was nice enough but it seemed like he didn't want to be there at all. Ray Toro on the other hand was extremely friendly and took the time out to talk to me too.
  • Options
    unclekevounclekevo Posts: 20,749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was looking back at a few older posts.

Someone said Jackie Woodburne (Susan in Neighbours) wasn't nice, met her a few years ago in her hometown of Carrickfergus, think she was over visiting relatives or something but was walking down the street with another lady and a man who I presume are relatives or friends, was very busy but shouted over at her "Love your work" and she shouted back "Thanks love" and smiled and waved so don't know whether she had an off day when the other person met her.

Friend met Alexandra Burke and Lloyd, the blond kid from X Factor at Live At The Beach in Portrush, Alexandra was really really lovely, very attractive in real life (and this is coming from a hetrosexual girl :D) and Lloyd was okay, a bit vain but seemed nice enough.

Think I've mentioned Dominic Brunt being lovely to my sister, mum's friend has met the majority of the 2007 Emmerdale cast at an event in NI, Deena Payne, Elizabeth Enstenden (sp:confused:) were especially lovely.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rowan Atkinson - rather grumpy, although it was after a show, so he was maybe a bit tired.
    Lorraine Kelly - lovely woman, we have a mutual friend, she's very kind and talkative. :)
    Jay Z - a friend met him and said he was a complete a**hole, didn't have time for any of his fans.
    Alan Carr - another friend met him at a signing and said he was really nice, even made a joke about my friend being in crutches. :p