Melanie Sykes arrested and cautioned by police over an assault on her toyboy husband

Comments

• TributeTribute Posts: 820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How can this be discussed and not the Ian Watkins case?
  • Alien_SaxonAlien_Saxon Posts: 1,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe it was a bit of S&M that got out of hand?

I'd let her beat me up :)
  • Tweacle Tart IITweacle Tart II Posts: 5,079
    Forum Member
    Tribute wrote: »
    How can this be discussed and not the Ian Watkins case?

Because it's over. She was arrested and cautioned. End of story.
  • Rowan HedgeRowan Hedge Posts: 3,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    InMyArms wrote: »
    Is 'pikey' a racial term? :confused: I though it meant 'traveller' and travellers are not a race?

No it's not a racial term, some deem it offensive but for it to be racist they have to be recognised as a race and that will never happen.
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No it's not a racial term, some deem it offensive but for it to be racist they have to be recognised as a race and that will never happen.

They have been recognised as a race ..
  • mildredhubblemildredhubble Posts: 6,447
    Forum Member
    Because it's over. She was arrested and cautioned. End of story.

But he's admitted guilt, there will be no trial :/.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It doesn't matter - the case still isn't officially concluded so it's still sub judice.
  • Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

And it's being openly discussed on every other forum on the internet. I don't see why we can't talk about on here, especially when it's such a big and shocking story.
  • Betty BritainBetty Britain Posts: 13,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And it's being openly discussed on every other forum on the internet.... Sometimes the mods on this forum can be so overly cautious.

Maybe they are covering their backs incase of legal issues
  • PamthehoundPamthehound Posts: 5,333
    Forum Member
    Yeah its over as she received and accepted the caution...However , until the next time she beats the crap out of him or even better gets a hold of that bow and arrow shes uses in the cider adverts....obviously Im joking , but I hope she will wise up and dump him.

There is something very sad about women (and men) who end up on the rebound and marry someone with everything shouting Nooooooooooh...another one is Andrea McLean , I love her to bits , but hope shes not on the same slippery slope with her latest ...fingers crossedxx
  • Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe they are covering their backs incase of legal issues

I don't see what legal issues there could be. People were only discussing what is already out in the open. Providing nothing was said that could be deemed as libelous to someone then I don't see the problem?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah its over as she received and accepted the caution...However , until the next time she beats the crap out of him or even better gets a hold of that bow and arrow shes uses in the cider adverts....obviously Im joking , but I hope she will wise up and dump him.

There is something very sad about women (and men) who end up on the rebound and marry someone with everything shouting Nooooooooooh...another one is Andrea McLean , I love her to bits , but hope shes not on the same slippery slope with her latest ...fingers crossedxx

I hope he dumps her ...husband abusing cow
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't see what legal issues there could be. People were only discussing what is already out in the open. Providing nothing was said that could be deemed as libelous to someone then I don't see the problem?

I agree with you Vodka... I've seen it discussed on other sites ... But maybe DS has different rules
    Forum Member
    It doesn't matter - the case still isn't officially concluded so it's still sub judice.
    Just sentencing and even comments on news sites are allowed. It's just DS for some reason.

Maybe it could be the few irresponsible people naming the women involved.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just sentencing and even comments on news sites are allowed. It's just DS for some reason.

Maybe it could be the few irresponsible people naming the women involved.

I haven't seen their names anywhere ..but still don't understand why only he has been named
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    InMyArms wrote: »
    Is 'pikey' a racial term? :confused: I though it meant 'traveller' and travellers are not a race?

Tbh, it's been used in London and the SE since I was a nipper to describe someone who would now be called a chav.
    Until recently, I had no idea it was associated with travellers. It just always meant someone a bit common and on the rough side. My nan used to think, if she didn't wash her nets often enough, that's what the neighbours would call her
    Forum Member
    I haven't seen their names anywhere ..but still don't understand why only he has been named

I have, it's not difficult to find and they have not been named as the abused children belonged to them. It's a child protection issue.
    Forum Member
    whatever54 wrote: »
    I was just looking at his twitter and found this tweet
    https://twitter.com/bespokeleadwork/status/403205378844164096/photo/1
    Seems fairly apt now:eek:

There is also a pic of his split eyebrow where he allegedly walked into a door.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This thread appears to be about 3 different topics:

* Ian Watkins
    * Using the word "pikey"/traveller discrimination etc.
    * Melanie Sykes assaulting her husband

????
    Forum Member
    Diverse!
  • Kay_PriceKay_Price Posts: 420
    Forum Member
    Why are people insulting the man she is married to..it's her who has been arrested and HER who is in the wrong... She should be the one being vilified not him

I know,right. Wonder if she'd be gettin slated if HE had assaulted her?
  • gulliverfoylegulliverfoyle Posts: 6,318
    Forum Member
    usual double standards 30% of victims are men (prob higher due to male pride)

trying to make her the victim

if it was the other way around hed be a monster

she gets sympathy

pathetic
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This thread appears to be about 3 different topics:

* Ian Watkins
    * Using the word "pikey"/traveller discrimination etc.
    * Melanie Sykes assaulting her husband

????

yeah it does seem to have gone a bit weird :)
  • whatever54whatever54 Posts: 6,456
    Forum Member
    There is also a pic of his split eyebrow where he allegedly walked into a door.

I did see that, also noticed Mel looks to be quite handy with a shotgun.
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with everyone who said this had disaster written over it from the start and can only end in tears