Options

Melanie Sykes arrested and cautioned by police over an assault on her toyboy husband

Comments

• Options
    matchmakermatchmaker Posts: 1,104
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mrblank wrote: »
    omg CC his ego must have be huge.no wonder MS gave him a slap lol

A slap is OK then? :rolleyes:
  • Options
    AOTBAOTB Posts: 9,708
    Forum Member
    johartuk wrote: »
    ^^^
    This!

I'm absolutely gobsmacked by some of the comments on this thread! What Mel Sykes did was wrong, and I find it bizarre that people are trying to defend her. Domestic Violence is wrong, whether the perpetrator is a man or a woman. We should be as intolorant of female on male DV as we are of male on female DV.

Whilst I fully agree with you, I'd say the fact this is posted in the showbiz forum means that any one seems to be fair game, and virtually anything goes. If you're after logic and reason, you're in the wrong place mate.

If you want a somewhat more serious discussion, might be worth considering posting it in GD perhaps?
  • Options
    cavallicavalli Posts: 18,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AOTB wrote: »
    Whilst I fully agree with you, I'd say the fact this is posted in the showbiz forum means that any one seems to be fair game, and virtually anything goes. If you're after logic and reason, you're in the wrong place mate.

If you want a somewhat more serious discussion, might be worth considering posting it in GD perhaps?

One can't help but wonder why you torture yourself by frequenting such a low rent place as this, you get a kick out of slumming it? If you're not pushing the 'jellus' angle you're sniping at the Showbiz forum.

Most peculiar.
  • Options
    johartukjohartuk Posts: 11,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Why? It belongs in Showbiz and even here, I'd expect people to condemn domestic violence, regardless of the sex of the person committing the act.
  • Options
    Tweacle Tart IITweacle Tart II Posts: 5,079
    Forum Member
    cavalli wrote: »
    One can't help but wonder why you torture yourself by frequenting such a low rent place as this, you get a kick out of slumming it? If you're not pushing the 'jellus' angle you're sniping at the Showbiz forum.

Most peculiar.

Damn straight!
  • Options
    TogglerToggler Posts: 4,592
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Two nobodies trying to be somebodies by hooked up together. She can't recapture her youth by marrying some youngster it never works ... should have remembered Demi Moore and Ashton Kutcher.
  • Options
    mrblankmrblank Posts: 5,687
    Forum Member
    NII 88 wrote: »
    His first choice was Cheryl Cole, his "method" to capture the attention of Cole and Marsh was to tweet pics of his son, his Dads classic Triumph car and an arse tattoo with his name:
    http://postimg.org/image/qjq726z2n/

hes got a son? :eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    matchmaker wrote: »
    A slap is OK then? :rolleyes:

a slap isnt OK but you know what im glad she gave mr goldigger one
  • Options
    Forum Member
    cavalli wrote: »

Most peculiar.
    Well well well. Look who it is- cavalli. :D Last time I checked this was a forum no? I appreciate your heartfelt concern, but I'll post what I want where I want, and if I choose to 'slum it' with you (a good description btw) from time to time, then I shall.

If you need any other rather basic things explained to you, please do let me know. ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Why? It belongs in Showbiz and even here, I'd expect people to condemn domestic violence, regardless of the sex of the person committing the act.

I agree with you re the BIB, just saying why I'm not as surprised by this as some of you clearly are.
  • Options
    RuinedGirlRuinedGirl Posts: 918
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    a slap isnt OK but you know what im glad she gave mr goldigger one

Would you be glad if a footballer gave his 'golddigging' wife a slap?
  • Options
    The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well well well. Look who it is- cavalli. :D Last time I checked this was a forum no? I appreciate your heartfelt concern, but I'll post what I want where I want, and if I choose to 'slum it' with you (a good description btw) from time to time, then I shall.

If you need any other rather basic things explained to you, please do let me know. ;)

You do expend a lot of energy telling us all how terrible we are though to be fair, so you must expect a reaction.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    You do expend a lot of energy telling us all how terrible we are though to be fair, so you must expect a reaction.

Not to mention trying to make out like we iz fick or summink because we don't use twenty words when only one will do.
  • Options
    Kat_12Kat_12 Posts: 1,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't see what legal issues there could be. People were only discussing what is already out in the open. Providing nothing was said that could be deemed as libelous to someone then I don't see the problem?

I believe DS prefer not to discuss legal cases until they have been entirely disposed of. In this case, that would be after Watkins is sentenced.
    ^^^
    This!

I'm absolutely gobsmacked by some of the comments on this thread! What Mel Sykes did was wrong, and I find it bizarre that people are trying to defend her. Domestic Violence is wrong, whether the perpetrator is a man or a woman. We should be as intolorant of female on male DV as we are of male on female DV.

I haven't seen anyone defend her? Domestic violence is wrong and her actions are reprehensible and inexcusable. That doesn't change the fact that this Cockings bloke is a fame-hungry gold-digger with what seems to be a disgusting attitude to women in general and his wife in particular.
  • Options
    Forum Member

Not to mention trying to make out like we iz fick or summink because we don't use twenty words when only one will do.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yup, again I can't argue with you here. In my defense I don't think everyone is terrible, just some people- you for example seem pretty normal. I for one have enjoyed my chats with you Prumeister. It saddens me you might not think the same. :(

Now then Tweacle, I'm sure this is the 2nd comment I've seen from you re me. Don't be shy, you can address me directly, I don't bite.
  • Options
    Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Indeed. If you want a circular argument about Christianity, Islam, The Daily Mail or to discuss the last time you had a w*nk, GD is the only place to be
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Blondie X wrote: »
    Indeed. If you want a circular argument about Christianity, Islam, The Daily Mail or to discuss the last time you had a w*nk, GD is the only place to be
    et tu Brute?

Not quite feeling much 'love in the room here', it has to be said... :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Now then Tweacle, I'm sure this is the 2nd comment I've seen from you re me. Don't be shy, you can address me directly, I don't bite.

Nah, you're alright thanks.

But just so you know the reason I bowed out of our previous Helen Flanagan debate was not because I'm stupid, you know like you repeatedly made out when you kept quoting something I'd said and then telling me not to take it personally (not patronising at all by the way) No, it's because I thought 'you know, life's too short'. I express myself the way I choose because it's a showbiz forum - it's supposed to be lighthearted, off the cuff, a bit of fun - so if I want to say Helen Flanagan is a piggy eyed, painfully unsexy, morally repugnant nomark then this is the place to do it. And I don't have to justify it by writing a three hundred word essay every time.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Nah, you're alright thanks.

But just so you know the reason I bowed out of our previous Helen Flanagan debate was not because I'm stupid, you know like you repeatedly made out when you kept quoting something I'd said and then telling me not to take it personally (not patronising at all by the way) No, it's because I thought 'you know, life's too short'. I express myself the way I choose because it's a showbiz forum - it's supposed to be lighthearted, off the cuff, a bit of fun - so if I want to say Helen Flanagan is a piggy eyed, painfully unsexy, morally repugnant nomark then this is the place to do it. And I don't have to justify it by writing a three hundred word essay every time.
    Oh come on now tweacle, don't be so mean to me. I have never called you stupid or tried to patronise you or said you have to justify yourself to me. If you felt I did, then I apologise. At the end of the day it was a thread about a so called 'celeb' I also have no time for either.

Even a chap like me deserves a 2nd chance no? Truce?
  • Options
    RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    I've never liked Melanie Sykes, even back when she was Des O'Connor's carer. She's an attention seeking loudmouth.

Incidentally, my friend, who has genuine Gypsies in his family, regularly uses the term 'pikey', mostly about himself when he does a job shoddily - there isn't a trace of racism intended in it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    RuinedGirl wrote: »
    Would you be glad if a footballer gave his 'golddigging' wife a slap?[/Q :D:D:D:D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I've never liked Melanie Sykes, even back when she was Des O'Connor's carer. She's an attention seeking loudmouth.

Incidentally, my friend, who has genuine Gypsies in his family, regularly uses the term 'pikey', mostly about himself when he does a job shoddily - there isn't a trace of racism intended in it.

that show was dreadful
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 774
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hes got a son? :eek:

Tweeting pics of his son and his Fathers car were an integral part to charming twitter celebs, Cole and Marsh didn't take the bait though:
    Jack bombarded the television personality with photos of him and his young son.

He tweeted a snap of himself with the caption: "6'tall, dark, handsome father of 1 beautiful boy seeks fun, crazy, pretty woman to spend a life time with. All applicants RSVP."

This article in the Mirror gives a rundown of the tweets that led to them linking up:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/melanie-sykes-jack-cockings-relationship-2861303 #
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kat_12 wrote: »
    I haven't seen anyone defend her? Domestic violence is wrong and her actions are reprehensible and inexcusable. That doesn't change the fact that this Cockings bloke is a fame-hungry gold-digger with what seems to be a disgusting attitude to women in general and his wife in particular.

This. Asssaulting your partner is wrong regardless of gender, to many of the posters here that's a given.

What it doesn't detract from is the dubious circumstances of how they got together and what his intentions were, and also the rather vile comments he made about her on Twitter (visible to his & her children & families) and her low self-esteem in choosing somebody who speaks about her in those terms.

The entire situation + rapid whirlwind marriage = this week's awful events.

Wrong either way but you can't deny what's occurred beforehand.