Mark Foster "bares all as he does a Becks in his briefs"

2»

Comments

• SCD-ObserverSCD-Observer Posts: 18,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not so much of "modelling" as doing nothing more than a copycat posing as DB.:rolleyes:

Hey, I got nothing against him earning few bob here & there but hopefully he maintains his self respect in the process & not by becoming a product of the PR whoring machine...that's all!

A lot of athletes had gone into broadcasting & did some celeb reality competition stuff & most of them have not even achieved the sort of honours Mark had in his career...but I still have to see any of those retired athletes gone the same way as posing provocatively /erotically like Mark did AND FOR NO REASON WHATSOEVER...well I guess apart from the money he got paid for it - whoring himself.

One way of ensuring a good start in a modelling career is exposure (pun NOT intended). He's obviously doing this for publicity to be sure, but why is this whoring? So is David Beckham posing with stuffed shutter cork and get paid millions whoring because he's should only be a footballer?

BUT, at the end of the day, to each his own I guess... :)
  • soulmate61soulmate61 Posts: 6,176
    Forum Member

A lot of athletes had gone into broadcasting & did some celeb reality competition stuff & most of them have not even achieved the sort of honours Mark had in his career...but I still have to see any of those retired athletes gone the same way as posing provocatively /erotically like Mark did AND FOR NO REASON WHATSOEVER...well I guess apart from the money he got paid for it - whoring himself.

For a man of 38 proven by tests as not having used body-building steroids, Mark has fantastic sixpack muscles -- equipment which helped him in 4 Olympics winning gold after gold, breaking one world record after another. No doubt he was born with a great physique, but no doubt he worked on it and realised his great potential.

Clare Short once said, Sun page 3 models baring nearly all made out-of-shape women feel inadequate. However such photos were on page 3 not page 1, and anyone uncomfortable with it need not buy the paper, and with falling sales the picture policy would be dropped. It is the readers' choice.

The Beckham and Foster pictures are in Heat magazine, not a top-shelf mag. Celebration of outstanding athletic and sporting achievement and the physique needed for same is part of the olympic spirit, and a tradition going back to the ancient Greeks. Not to Playboy magazine.

Fitness suggests health and happiness (ask some of the viewers :D). This was a happy jokey thread about Britain's high achiever and Olympic flagbearer, lets keep it that way. :D
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If Athena, or someone similar produce a poster of that, I'll repaper the bedroom walls.
  • PastaPasta Posts: 3,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Huge numbers of sportsmen (and women) do photoshoots like this the whole time. Many of them issue entire calendars, for example. Some produce DVDs: the French rugby team does an annual series (known as Dieux du Stade - Gods of the stadium), showing much more than Mark in some cases, i.e. total nudity. Beckham shows himself off constantly and he hardly needs the money. It a very widespread, long-standing phenomenon, so why people are getting their knickers in a twist in this specific case is beyond me.
  • frell-tasticfrell-tastic Posts: 1,521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He might want to branch into doing modelling. Have you thought of that? :rolleyes:

And his 'diversifying' into, say, modelling, would somehow be wrong and that he's now a media **** because of that? :confused:

Actually he has been modelling for quite a few years now, especially in America where he lives part of the year.
  • cobaltmalecobaltmale Posts: 21,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pasta wrote: »
    Huge numbers of sportsmen (and women) do photoshoots like this the whole time. Many of them issue entire calendars, for example. Some produce DVDs: the French rugby team does an annual series (known as Dieux du Stade - Gods of the stadium), showing much more than Mark in some cases, i.e. total nudity. Beckham shows himself off constantly and he hardly needs the money. It a very widespread, long-standing phenomenon, so why people are getting their knickers in a twist in this specific case is beyond me.

I wonder what the poster thinks of Sccotland rugby star Sean Lamont then - he revealed a lot more in the aforementioned calendar (so far the only Brit invited to do so).

http://theworldfromhere.blogspot.com/2006/11/those-sean-lamont-pics.html

http://theworldfromhere.blogspot.com/2008/01/sean-lamont-full-frontal-adults-only.html

Second link NSFW.

And he still got a Radio Times cover after that.

Plus Mark Foster has been doing modelling for a while - he's not showing any more off than when he started in his swimming career.

G