Dance Nation TV

Comments

• linkinpark875linkinpark875 Posts: 29,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Never took CSC long to wreck this channel.

Already competitions from other CSC channels on the channel. 'Destination Dance' is full of awful dire pop, R&B and commercial pop dance. Note there's no green text underneath it.
  • chemical2009bchemical2009b Posts: 5,250
    Forum Member
    Never took CSC long to wreck this channel.

Already competitions from other CSC channels on the channel. 'Destination Dance' is full of awful dire pop, R&B and commercial pop dance. Note there's no green text underneath it.

CSC Media have blown it big time.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CSC Media have blown it big time.

They did the same thing to Flaunt. Dumped R&B in the 4pm slot.

Would they allow Girls Aloud on NME TV? :eek:

Maybe Dance Nation will go independent like Clubland TV if CSC keep this up?
  • unknown17unknown17 Posts: 3,797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The only thing good about DN is national anthems.

The pop and R'n'B isn't CSTVs fault its Dance Nation because their CDs are full of Pop and R'n'B and chavvy crap like Basshunter.

Ministry of sound is awful these days.

If i want dance I usually listen to the radio stations on www.di.fm

Theres loads of genres on there and theres hardly any adverts (Or none at all) My favourite station is Eurodance.
  • nessyfencernessyfencer Posts: 9,195
    Forum Member
    Is Dance Nation and Clubland somehow related? Whenever I try to favourite Dance Nation it takes me to Clubland :confused:
  • unknown17unknown17 Posts: 3,797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is Dance Nation and Clubland somehow related? Whenever I try to favourite Dance Nation it takes me to Clubland :confused:

Dance Nation is copying Clubland and doing it badly.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    unknown17 wrote: »
    Dance Nation is copying Clubland and doing it badly.

It's the other way about.

Half those classix Clubland is playing they never touched one year ago.

Clubland "TV" is no longer playing "just" own label music. The kind of stuff they are taking is from MTV Dance classix and more Dance Nation TV. It's clear in recent months they a general dance channel now trying to take on the other two.

The indents can't be counted. Music wise Clubland is now copying other channels.
    Forum Member

Clubland "TV" is no longer playing "just" own label music. The kind of stuff they are taking is from MTV Dance classix and more Dance Nation TV. It's clear in recent months they a general dance channel now trying to take on the other two.

The indents can't be counted. Music wise Clubland is now copying other channels.

It seems the Clubland brand could be dying.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It seems the Clubland brand could be dying.

They are still doing albums.

The TV channel has lost it's way. I like dance so the music is good.

But if it's Clubland TV it should stick to meant to. The daytime playlist remains the same but if you note the late 6pm onwards is all classics.

I suspect Dance Nation TV is picking up more viewers for National Anthems hence this chance. Maybe somebody can confirm?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Destination Dance is now playing all the commercial Cascada music.

Wonder why? Since Clubland TV think they are DNTV lol. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,242
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I don't think they have to copy other channels. Clubland TV is bigger in the ratings isn't it? Why would they copy anyone? They've always seemed to be a step ahead of everyone else to me.

If anything it's the other way round. Dance Nation was quite blatantly trying to copy Clubland.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    suzzle wrote: »
    I don't think they have to copy other channels. Clubland TV is bigger in the ratings isn't it? Why would they copy anyone? They've always seemed to be a step ahead of everyone else to me.

If anything it's the other way round. Dance Nation was quite blatantly trying to copy Clubland.

There's tracks being added to Clubland for the first time that Flaunt/Dance Nation play. That's copying? :confused:
    Forum Member
    National Anthems is the only show worth watching on DNTV even though it sometimes may not be good.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    National Anthems is the only show worth watching on DNTV even though it sometimes may not be good.

I don't understand all the criticism to DNTV. It's new, fresh and playing dance music.

It doesn't cater fully for the dance enthusiasts who look at other channels in Europe. However for the the casual dance fan this is a fantastic channel to have on Sky. Clubland TV is also good but better sticking to there own branded music otherwise you have three channels on repeat.

You tune in to The Box and get some fresh videos. If I want rock I go to Scuzz. If I want to hear a dance track I go to Dance Nation. Choice has never been better. Despite it's phases where Flaunt dipped into the CSC archives it never had a consistent weak. I just hope CSC decide Bliss is next to go and find something better in it's place. Since DNTV launched everybody has to admit it the playlists have been consistent.
  • TranceClubberTranceClubber Posts: 2,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    National Anthems was ok tonight :

Solarstone - 7 Cities :D

I'd wish the ''Dance Nation'' branding would dissapear though i dont like it :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

First positive post I've seen from you on this channel.

It's a great channel enjoy it. It's consistent in what it plays unlike Flaunt was. I don't see all the criticism about the branding. I hated the whole disco image Flaunt had plus there's none of that music on DNTV.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    First positive post I've seen from you on this channel.

It's a great channel enjoy it. It's consistent in what it plays unlike Flaunt was. I don't see all the criticism about the branding. I hated the whole disco image Flaunt had plus there's none of that music on DNTV.

I Quite enjoyed the Hed Kandi/Fierce Angel content they had on Flaunt back in 2006 its what Made Flaunt a good channel along with the proper dance they mixed in back then it was a chav free channel.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I Quite enjoyed the Hed Kandi/Fierce Angel content they had on Flaunt back in 2006 its what Made Flaunt a good channel along with the proper dance they mixed in back then it was a chav free channel.

Can you remember a week where Flaunt had a consistent playlist? Many never even knew it was a dance channel. I think DNTV should stick to what it's good at and expedient in the nightime hours.

Ditch that teleshopping for some chilled out music. Get a trance show, old skool and cater for the enthusiasts. If you ask me Clubland TV panicked with there rebrand weeks before it launched and urge to play what people want in fear of losing viewers.

Competition is good. I watch Clubland during the day now as it's all commercial stuff like Scooter. Tune in at night it's all MTV/Dance Nation stuff they are trying to copy. Doesn't work for the channel. They should really be copying the albums and going for more 2002+ mixes and hardcore dance hours. One final point on Clubland TV is they had a far better graphic set for one of there countdowns. Beats me why they moved to widescreen and made little permanent changes.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can you remember a week where Flaunt had a consistent playlist? Many never even knew it was a dance channel. I think DNTV should stick to what it's good at and expedient in the nightime hours.

Ditch that teleshopping for some chilled out music. Get a trance show, old skool and cater for the enthusiasts. If you ask me Clubland TV panicked with there rebrand weeks before it launched and urge to play what people want in fear of losing viewers.

Competition is good. I watch Clubland during the day now as it's all commercial stuff like Scooter. Tune in at night it's all MTV/Dance Nation stuff they are trying to copy. Doesn't work for the channel. They should really be copying the albums and going for more 2002+ mixes and hardcore dance hours. One final point on Clubland TV is they had a far better graphic set for one of there countdowns. Beats me why they moved to widescreen and made little permanent changes.

Flaunt only went repetitive after the 2008 rebrand i like to think the channel was a better dance channel before that rebrand.

I agree about the Teleshopping though its wasting up 3 hours of what could be used towards something better.

Or if they need to keep Teleshopping why not shift it to 4:00am to 7:00am then 1:00am onwards could be more for Ambient/Trip Hop and Lounge.
    Forum Member

So do I but knowing CSC it's simply not going to happen.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So do I but knowing CSC it's simply not going to happen.

Give it til about February next year and it be gone , Anime Central never lasted long about 11 months in total that lasted before becoming ShowcaseTV then later True Entertainment .
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Give it til about February next year and it be gone , Anime Central never lasted long about 11 months in total that lasted before becoming ShowcaseTV then later True Entertainment .

Dance Nation is a massive brand. It's as big as your Smash Hits!, Q, Kerrang! style brands.

NME TV has lasted with lower viewing figures. What are you suggesting they replace it with? 'Dance TV'? Pointless.

Showcase TV was a mix of all CSC channels until they came up with more content to launch a new channel. Give DNTV some respect:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hard2Beat

http://www.mydancenation.com/About/About.aspx?id=about

CSC would be mad to drop it. Infact time to ditch Bliss and get Now Music TV next. Dance Nation is from the people behind MOS and it's almost certainly as big as Clubland in the UK.

I post from a broadcasting point of view. There's a few who don't like the brand but it's a "major" label in the UK. Stop the naivety here if you don't like it don't watch. Personally for a channel like Chart Show this is the kind of brands they need to compete with C4/Bauer. I'm certain it's target audience like the channel.

I'm getting bored of reading negativity posts on the channel. It replaced a tired brand and only 2/3 years ago the only dance channel on Sky was MTV Dance. Stop complaining. :rolleyes:

There's lots of positives about the channel:

*Strong brand.
    *Live Tours likely to be broadcast on the channel.
    *Playing music other channels forgotten like ATB, Fragma, Milk Ink, DJ Sammy (new singles too).
    *Creating a good classic dance show 'National Anthems'.
    *A better countdown for Trance than Flaunt done.
    *A good old skool show some real classics in there a few weeks back.
    *Work out videos early morning.
    *They seem to stick to the same style of videos.
    *Less Scooter and Cascada/Basshunter and more favourable to own label music.
    *The bitrate is miles better than Bliss.
    *Song titles look good.
    *No disco music and less pop remixes than any dance channel on Sky.

If DNTV goes no guarantee another dance channel replaces it. Has everybody forgotten the days where VH2 closed? The Amp axed for a golden oldies 80's music channel? TMF axed for VIVA? MTV Flux replaced by a plus one music channel? FHM TV invading Q and very little rock music on Sky? The closure of Classic FM TV? B4/Bubble Hits and the demise of the fresh music on The Box? :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just to add Anime Central was closed due to "tiny" viewing figures.

For a new channel to launch and achieve the same figures as it's old one must be a success and guarantee the channel is safe in there portfolio for many years to come.

For years there's been criticism on this forum by enthusiasts to what dance music is in the 'MTV Dance' thread and old Flaunt ones. Many on other forums said DNTV would just be Flaunt with a new name which it's definitely not. Many of the grumblers have access to European channels and are talking a liking to what music works over there.

I repeat for many years that they look at UK charts because your average viewer tunes into a music channel to hear music they know from the radio, tv ad, or youtube. Read the old Flaunt threads it never had more than one week where it had a regular playlist, the brand was tired many called for a new name. Ministry of Sound and Cream TV was mulled. DNTV is inbetween that.

There was the Flava launch. Who's to say B4 was going to stay? Dance has always been a neglected brand as it's one that goes in and out of fashion. EMAP gave up on Floorfillers and Kiss became an R&B channel. The dance scene is a fashion in the early 00's Trance was mainstream at the moment it's Basshunters (comparable to N-Trance) back in the day. Tiesto is your mainstream dance/trance at the moment. I could argue this all night.

Choice has never been better. Three dance music channels how about enjoy them? DNTV at the moment recently put National Anthems in the afternoon slot too so they must have good ratings there. So these similar ratings to Flaunt may become higher. I think they deserve credit there's alot of grumblers who hated Clubland wanted ATB now it's here don't want it. Bit of a contradiction.

It's maybe not a dig at the music or CSC more at 'Dance Nation'. The funny thing is now people are supporting Clubland TV for playing a few "obscure" euro tracks. Nobody can seriously argue there's difference of a "chav" between CLTV and DNTV? The difference is DNTV is being run by one of the big three. Clubland TV has gone independent and not many smaller channels last long independent. Seems to be some kind of desperation on at that channel since they are copying DNTV songs despite people blatantly denying it.

Fact: Since it's launch in 2008 Tiesto - adagio for strings was never played on the channel to my knowledge until a week ago. A few weeks before "Big Tunes" had been playing it and alot of trance as since the countdown of trance anthems. No doubt they look at stats and figures and when Clubland TV launched it beat MTV Dance by miles. Now it's all neck and neck pre DNTV (when it was Flaunt too). Yet there was posts arguing DNTV was copying Clubland? :rolleyes:

But ease off DNTV as MTV Dance/Clubland TV/Dance Nation all have positives and negatives. The choice is good and I enjoy it. No doubt the debate will roll on and on. :eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 57
    Forum Member
    Tiesto was added the week Tiesto's Magickal Hits album was released - Adagio For Strings shot up on iTunes
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 209
    Forum Member
    Fact: Since it's launch in 2008 Tiesto - adagio for strings was never played on the channel to my knowledge until a week ago.

MTV Dance played it to death back in 2008. :confused: