Talksport Chat (Part 3)

Comments

• Billy244Billy244 Posts: 21,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I see Brazil isn't on this morning, Danny Kelly is standing in.

Is this a planned absence or has he been on the sauce again? :rolleyes:

Planned, someone mentioned it yesterday.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KOP1975 wrote: »
    was gonna say the same. TS should bin Brazil. Im amazed they didnt sack him when he was caught drink drving and was way over the limit and mounted the kerb. Yet they sacked whale and gaunt???

Danny Kelly is the future of TS and the morning slot. Just need rid of Irani now.

I have knocked Kelly in the past, not for his ability or knowledge on sport because both are absolutely excellent, it was just his voice seemed to get on my nerves. But I'll tell you this listening to him this morning on the breakfast show he's really good and compared to the usual claptrap he's fantastic.
    No more knocking Danny Kelly from me I promise.
  • old oakold oak Posts: 953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Regarding Charlton Athletic yes it's a pity you won't be hearing them on Talksport but if I were you I'd have more pity for K Bola and Old Oak because their teams have both got to play the mighty Sheffield Wednesday this season unlike you lot who will get away with it, boy are they both in for a miserable couple of Saturday nights. :D[/QUOTE]

The Bees V Wednesday sunday 5th september 12.00 ko Live on Sky,best bet for you Billy is to have the day in church,Sadly l will miss this comfortable home win as l will be flying to the states that day.
  • TheSlothTheSloth Posts: 18,708
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    was gonna say the same. TS should bin Brazil. Im amazed they didnt sack him when he was caught drink drving and was way over the limit and mounted the kerb. Yet they sacked whale and gaunt???

Danny Kelly is the future of TS and the morning slot. Just need rid of Irani now.

Despite not being a great fan of Kelly (see rant a few pages back), he's at least able to string a few words together and rattle off the odd quick-fire quip or put-down. Seems to suit the breakfast show as he has less time to fill and can bounce off the many and frequent contributors.

As for sacking Whale, when they announced that I naturally assumed they meant Brazil but had used his off-air nickname in error. :D

The Sloth
  • KOP1975KOP1975 Posts: 942
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am loving Danny Kelly on the breakfast show. He is getting the listeners juices flowing. He is working the listeners.
    Makes a change to hear the morning show where the presenter isn’t going on about days out he has blagged and how many times he has been p155ed.

Danny Kelly needs to take over from Brazil on a permanent basis because the morning show is sounding like the Kick off show and that can only be a good thing.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 42
    Forum Member
    Danny Kelly is surely the future for the breakfast show. He has all the ability you would hope for and his excitement, knowledge and humour is what the show needs.

This morning’s argument actually demonstrated everything that is currently missing from the breakfast show. I actually thought that Ronnie had a point this morning (stop smiling KB) but due to his immaturity and inability to construct a decent argument he was unable to explain himself.

Also what’s missing is the star of the show caring about the show. Please TS give Danny the breakfast slot.
  • k-bolak-bola Posts: 4,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great banter and discussion on the Alan Brazil Sports Breakfast with Ronnie Irani with Danny Kelly and Ronnie Irani.
    Loving how everyone who phoned in agreed with 'The People's Man'.

Two great heavyweights of radio really slugging it out and making for wonderful listening.

It is a shame as in the past the Sports Breakfast would have come live from the Goodwood Festival but these days they are too scared of what state Boozio will be in at 6am to risk it!
  • 497103497103 Posts: 53
    Forum Member
    Danny is probably the best person for the breakfast show. It wouldn't really suit me because I would rarely get to hear him and I would miss him from the evening shows.
    This seems to be one of the problems with the station. They move people around instead of bringing new poeple in.
    I think a lot of people miss Mike Graham from the night shows. He shouldn't have been moved to that joke of show in the mornings.
    They should go back to having one current affairs presenter from 10am til 1pm.
    Mike Graham can go back to his old slot.
    Parry can move back to the weekend sports breakfast because thats where he was good.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 170
    Forum Member
    loved the Breakfast Show this morning. You could almost hear Irani's brain cells struggling to get into gear to try to construct a decent argument on the 'player loyalty to manager or club?' question.

As for the Two Mikes trying to get Capello to the England U19 semifinal.... oh that Fabio would call their bluff!
  • trunkstertrunkster Posts: 14,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    loved the Breakfast Show this morning. You could almost hear Irani's brain cells struggling to get into gear to try to construct a decent argument on the 'player loyalty to manager or club?' question.

As for the Two Mikes trying to get Capello to the England U19 semifinal.... oh that Fabio would call their bluff!

You should've heard the two clowns on drivetime last night(Adrian Durham and Britains thickest northerner). Explaining why Capello should be sacked for not going to the U19 games.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Bees V Wednesday sunday 5th september 12.00 ko Live on Sky,best bet for you Billy is to have the day in church,Sadly l will miss this comfortable home win as l will be flying to the states that day.[/QUOTE]

Lol that worried your flying out of the country, :D hope you have a good holiday mate in USA (just don't put the iPhone on for the result) :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am loving Danny Kelly on the breakfast show. He is getting the listeners juices flowing. He is working the listeners.
    Makes a change to hear the morning show where the presenter isn’t going on about days out he has blagged and how many times he has been p155ed.

Danny Kelly needs to take over from Brazil on a permanent basis because the morning show is sounding like the Kick off show and that can only be a good thing.

Yep I'd go along with that one, the breakfast show is supposedly the flagship show and Kelly is now regarded as one of the best at Talksport, stands to reason and makes a lot of sense to bring the two together on a permanent basis. But there lies the problem, good reason and something making sense when we're talking about the Talksport schedules and Moz Dee MEANS IT'LL NEVER HAPPEN. :mad:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 170
    Forum Member
    I'm sorry, but I almost choked on my lunch at Parry's description of how the only pet dog he ever owned died of dementia when he (Parry) was 10, after bashing it's head against the kitchen wall all night. He still sounds sad about it, initially I was laughing but then I ended up in tears:o

This obviously one- upped the fact that MG, a child, had a tortoise which ran away.

There's a surprise round every corner with these two.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Take note, Mr Dee Not a single dissenter to Danny Kelly on the breakfast show - not even amongst us constant talkSPORT bashers! That's constructive criticism and people voting with their mice.

Now, if only Parry would either stop acting the clown or get educated (it's hard to determine which) and the ads are dropped from in-game commentaries, things may be looking up. According to Parry, cats wander off because they are feline. Such insight. Mike Graham makes this show tolerable with his dry contradiction to Parry's, er, tomfoolery.

And Mr Parry should really avoid cats if his tale regarding his unintentional cat-execution-by-squashing is to be believed...

The Sloth
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TheSloth wrote: »
    Take note, Mr Dee Not a single dissenter to Danny Kelly on the breakfast show - not even amongst us constant talkSPORT bashers! That's constructive criticism and people voting with their mice.

Now, if only Parry would either stop acting the clown or get educated (it's hard to determine which) and the ads are dropped from in-game commentaries, things may be looking up. According to Parry, cats wander off because they are feline. Such insight. Mike Graham makes this show tolerable with his dry contradiction to Parry's, er, tomfoolery.

And Mr Parry should really avoid cats if his tale regarding his unintentional cat-execution-by-squashing is to be believed...

The Sloth

Is Moz Dee's ivory tower so high that he's oblivious to what his station's listeners want? or does he just not care?. Mr Dee if you are by some chance reading this you should be ashamed of yourself for not listening to us and acting on what we want, YOU need us more than we need you, you'd do well to always remember that.
  • Henry GondorfHenry Gondorf Posts: 120
    Forum Member
    Great that everyone seems to have finally come around to the fact that Danny Kelly is a fine broadcaster - I've long thought that he should have the breakfast show gig, long before he ever started doing it on an occasional, temporary basis. First thing in the morning, half-asleep and thoroughly depressed about the prospect of going back to work, I want someone to put a smile on my face, not the boring old guff from Brazil and Irani.

On another matter, losing Proudfoot is a huge loss - comfortably the best commentator in the business. God help us if it means more of 'Foghorn' Pearson and Danter, who although I like as a presenter, thought his Word Cup commentaries were awful - he sounded like some 1950s BBC World Service commentator. Beacroft is surprisingly good, though, but guess Rawlings will come in as replacement - thought he was very capable too.

And can we have more Stewart Robson, please! The man's a class act.
  • jackyorkjackyork Posts: 6,608
    Forum Member
    Billy244 wrote: »
    Regarding Charlton Athletic yes it's a pity you won't be hearing them on Talksport but if I were you I'd have more pity for K Bola and Old Oak because their teams have both got to play the mighty Sheffield Wednesday this season unlike you lot who will get away with it, boy are they both in for a miserable couple of Saturday nights. :D

Billy Charlton Athletic is in Div l this coming season with Sheffield Wednesday & K bola team. Charlton Athletic lost in the play off.
    Promoted were Norwich as Champions, LEEDS UTD as runners up & Milwall as play off final winners.
  • k-bolak-bola Posts: 4,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Billy244 wrote: »
    Is Moz Dee's ivory tower so high that he's oblivious to what his station's listeners want? or does he just not care?. Mr Dee if you are by some chance reading this you should be ashamed of yourself for not listening to us and acting on what we want, YOU need us more than we need you, you'd do well to always remember that.

Wrong Billy.

You have no rights as a minority of dissenters. TalkSport listen to the majority and the majority say: loving it!

I speak for the masses when I say this and stand up to a minority of dissenters who post on the internet. Simply put the millions of satisfied and happy listeners can't be bothered to post on the internet.

However I provide these hard working men and women with a voice of positivity amidst the sea of gloom.

Having said that, I am open to changes on TalkSport as I believe the TalkSport management knows best and if they put Danny Kelly on the new Ronnie Irani Sports Breakfast I would certainly think it was a super idea.

Well done TalkSport!:)
  • jackyorkjackyork Posts: 6,608
    Forum Member
    yep its called being an Alcoholic!.

I agree with you Kop.
    Brazil seriously needs to pack in the drink before it will inevitably kill him and if Talk sport is in some way responsible for promoting Brazil as a heavy drinker over the years then I hope they will help and support him in the darker times.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jackyork wrote: »
    Billy Charlton Athletic is in Div l this coming season with Sheffield Wednesday & K bola team. Charlton Athletic lost in the play off.
    Promoted were Norwich as Champions, LEEDS UTD as runners up & Milwall as play off final winners.

It's okay Jack i WAS fully aware Charlton are in the division above us lol, how can I forget after last season!!!.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    k-bola wrote: »
    Wrong Billy.

You have no rights as a minority of dissenters. TalkSport listen to the majority and the majority say: loving it!

I speak for the masses when I say this and stand up to a minority of dissenters who post on the internet. Simply put the millions of satisfied and happy listeners can't be bothered to post on the internet.

However I provide these hard working men and women with a voice of positivity amidst the sea of gloom.

Having said that, I am open to changes on TalkSport as I believe the TalkSport management knows best and if they put Danny Kelly on the new Ronnie Irani Sports Breakfast I would certainly think it was a super idea.

If these listening figures are acceptable to you then, yes, well done talkSPORT! OK, that's the quarter up to March but probably pretty indicative.

However, I think they are pitiful for a national radio station.

It's not like we're music fans who detest Status Quo and always will - we're criticising the station because we want it to improve and, given the right decisions, live in the hope that it will. That's sadly not feasible in the aforementioned Status Quo analogy.

The Sloth.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 42
    Forum Member
    Wrong Billy.

Wrong KB

The majority of us that post on this forum are not dissenters but are faithful listeners that speak up for the majority of the listeners.

Maybe if Moz listened to us then Talksport’s listening figures would be going up instead of down.

I am pleased at the unanimous support for Danny Kelly to take the breakfast slot. So in the words of K-Bola

Well done Talksport :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wrong Billy.

But how do you know the listening public out there are "loving it" Mr Bola?, you have never heard them speak. Callers, emailers, texters and letter writing protests are never read out, the only feedback available is via internet forums like this one where they are unable to stop us saying what we want, I would guesstimate 90% of the listenership is utterly hacked off with most of the current output.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jackyork wrote: »
    I agree with you Kop.
    Brazil seriously needs to pack in the drink before it will inevitably kill him and if Talk sport is in some way responsible for promoting Brazil as a heavy drinker over the years then I hope they will help and support him in the darker times.

If Brazil hasn't been given a huge wake-up call by the sad but predictable demise of Alex Higgins, I don't think he deserves any support (although a bra wouldn't go amiss).

talkSPORT aren't innocent, evidently - hey, their drive time show was sponsored by a cider for heaven's sake! - but Mr Brazil has to take a greater proportion of the responsibility.

Or he'll go the same way as his role model, Yootha Joyce...

The Sloth
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lets face it alcoholism is a compulsive life threatening illness that eventually will see you off. Bestie even though given a second chance of life couldn't take it and I can't see AB taking it either if it comes because he loves his life just the way it is and has said so in the past, he'll not change now will Big Al, no chance.
This discussion has been closed.