susan boyle rumours

Comments

• zx50zx50 Posts: 91,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Susan would make an absolute fortune if she started touring. They'd go mad for her.
  • sunrisegirlsunrisegirl Posts: 302
    Forum Member
    zx50 wrote: »
    I think Susan would make an absolute fortune if she started touring. They'd go mad for her.

SuBo tour?? She can't even sing two songs a night three nights a week without a break + the latest that's just come out from the UK, says four/five years time record labels will send all artists out on the road because sales will be nothing by then.
    Riri and Subo albums out the same day, Riri will smash her to the ground.
  • cath99cath99 Posts: 6,826
    Forum Member
    Nosnikrapl wrote: »
    BIB - even if it is to her emotional detriment. :confused: Strikes me that Susan 'winning' is about far more for her fans than just hearing her sing. She is for them representative of the underdog breaking through for success. It is about the story & how it makes them feel about themselves.

Susan could make a living enough to provide her with what she wants. She doesn't need this level of success to provide her with stability & basic luxuries in life. The money will become (if it isn't already) a burden for her with a parasitic family after it when the media eyes are long gone.

This whole situation has disaster written all over it. I just hope when the fame has gone & she is left abandoned that those adoring her on here learn a lesson. Money & fame don't buy you happiness. Certainly not for someone of limited capabilities/expectations like Susan.

That is one of the most outrageously prejudiced posts I've ever read on this forum. Seriously, It's appalling, particularly the BiB. I'm genuinely shocked - her family are parasites? The money will become a burden to her? Why? Beacuse she has a very mild LD?

**** me!
  • Cyril_SneerCyril_Sneer Posts: 2,314
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SuBo tour?? She can't even sing two songs a night three nights a week without a break.

I think this is the problem. Ideally you'd hope she could cope with the pressures of a tour, possibly a fairly relaxed one, but it could possibly come down to the insurance.
  • NosnikraplNosnikrapl Posts: 2,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cath99 wrote: »
    That is one of the most outrageously prejudiced posts I've ever read on this forum. Seriously, It's appalling, particularly the BiB. I'm genuinely shocked - her family are parasites? The money will become a burden to her? Why? Beacuse she has a very mild LD?

**** me!

I have logged this post & invite you back in 5 years time to discuss what has happened in the intervening period. I have a brother with learning difficulties/involvement with many others over the years. I am talking from experience not looking at a situation through rose tinted spectacles pretending that all is well.
  • NosnikraplNosnikrapl Posts: 2,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think this is the problem. Ideally you'd hope she could cope with the pressures of a tour, possibly a fairly relaxed one, but it could possibly come down to the insurance.

No way on gods earth would she get insurance for a tour as she is not reliable enough. She just isn't capable of doing a tour which as someone else said is going to be the main earner for artists going forward.
  • leleblahblahleleblahblah Posts: 299
    Forum Member
    sharon osbourne was right you do want to give her a razor and say bitch have a shave lol
  • sunrisegirlsunrisegirl Posts: 302
    Forum Member
    If she was able to tour, they would have had her out on the road long before now for the cash. Simple as that.....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If she was able to tour, they would have had her out on the road long before now for the cash. Simple as that.....

agreed
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    The hatred towards this woman never ceases to amaze me and there's so much of it, from adults, that it's actually frightening.

She has a disability. Compared to some it's mild, granted, but it was enough of a disability to ruin her entire life!

She entered a talent show and things got out of control but that wasn't her fault. She couldn't have foreseen that, it's never happened before and it hasn't happened since.

I ask her critics, what would you have done in her situtation? What do you think she should have done? Should she have gone back to the council house that she lived in fear she'd be thrown out of and where she was afraid to turn on the heat because she didn't think she could pay for it? Live in a constant state of depression and loneliness just because she can't do major concerts and heaven forbid she can't compete with Rhianna? Thrown it all away because she wasn't capable of doing more?

People who can't be happy for her are the people who have a real problem. They're the ones with the major character flaw because they have no heart and no compassion for those less fortunate. They're the people that I pity.

You don't have to love her voice, but my God, do you criticize every singer who you don't like, or is it only her? Can't you just wish her well?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Peg_Neal wrote: »
    Can't you just wish her well?

I think shes an amazing lady, really wish her well. As long as shes happy and safe I hope we continue to hear more from her - its especially nice to see people overseas who love her as it makes a change from people seeing Britain represented by the more unsavoury celebs.
  • 80sfan80sfan Posts: 18,522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She had a breakdown in Burger King a few months back, shouting/crying and using bad words because she did not want to be there.

Well not many people want to go to burger king :D

Classy bird... so she's got £12 million in the bank but goes to Burger King :D
  • John_TraynorJohn_Traynor Posts: 268
    Forum Member
    It is all fiction.

The truth is that Ms. Boyle (real name Lady Hilary McDuff) studied classical singing for six years before touring extensively with the London Philharmonic. She dated several famous tenors and also trombonists, often furtively because most were married. After, a sordid expose with a Latvian trombonist and his instrument McDuff retired and went to live on Orkney.

However, a decade later, the lure of public performance was too great and she had to return, but the only route available to her was to invent a back story that removed all the seediness and replaced it with neediness. Thus, McDuff became Boyle and a un-unravellable story was created by experts from the ministry of defence who were former colleagues of her late father.

The eyebrows, the hair, the tantrums, the alleged learning difficulties, all are part of the elaborate ruse. Her extensive team of advisors, acting coaches and PR people are active constantly, continuously reiterating the agreed back story.

The creation of Susan Boyle is possibly one of the finest marketing achievements ever.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 346
    Forum Member
    A person on the Autism spectrum often has difficulty forging proper relationships with others .. Susan is surrounded by people who are employed by Simon Cowell.. When she stops selling music he will dump her back where she came from.. Sad but true.. He does it to everyone when they have served their purpose

Susan's manager was hired by her, recommended by her niece, a London-based entertainment lawyer. He has no connection with Simon Cowell. It's true that most of Cowell's talent show signees are managed by Syco's "Modest Management", which does seem to be a conflict of interest. Not Subo. Since she already has earned about $18 mill and still has most of it, it wouldn't mean much to her financially if she did leave Sony.

I know some of you hope this ends in tragedy. I can't think why. Susan Boyle was finally given the chance she fought for all her life and she grabbed it with both hands and has made the most of it. Hooray.

BTW, the world (and it is global) has made Susan Boyle the poster girl for Cowell's talent shows. That yes, they can make dreams come true. And that is why his shows are proliferating in country after country. Good God, do you really think he can ever let her go? It's not only that she continues to sell albums, but her continued success is also a continuing PR bonanza for Cowell enterprises.
    Forum Member
    It is all fiction.

The truth is that Ms. Boyle (real name Lady Hilary McDuff) studied classical singing for six years before touring extensively with the London Philharmonic. She dated several famous tenors and also trombonists, often furtively because most were married. After, a sordid expose with a Latvian trombonist and his instrument McDuff retired and went to live on Orkney.

However, a decade later, the lure of public performance was too great and she had to return, but the only route available to her was to invent a back story that removed all the seediness and replaced it with neediness. Thus, McDuff became Boyle and a un-unravellable story was created by experts from the ministry of defence who were former colleagues of her late father.

The eyebrows, the hair, the tantrums, the alleged learning difficulties, all are part of the elaborate ruse. Her extensive team of advisors, acting coaches and PR people are active constantly, continuously reiterating the agreed back story.

The creation of Susan Boyle is possibly one of the finest marketing achievements ever.

Haha. Not bad.
    Forum Member
    Tackomacko wrote: »
    i really hope i am wrong, i was only asking if other people had heard anything, she has actually been in ward 1 of that hospital before and it was never reported on the news or anything, even seen her sitting on the street in blackburn in her jammies and cars couldnt get passed, it was awful. she spends a lot of time just walking the streets.

i know this sounds like a load of rubbish but trust me, the women is in a dark place atm.

why its not in the news well, maybe they are trying to keep it quiet or something i dont know.

Yeah, well, apparently no one told Susan. She's just returned from a vacation in Spain (lots of Twitpics) stopped off at the spa at Stobo Castle, went to see Barbara Dickson at the Rep in Dundee and will start promoting her CD #4 in the next couple of weeks and may drop in at a couple of performances of the Musical of her life, which has been touring to packed audiences and excellent reviews since March (Susan is co-producer). Little time for sitting in the street in her jammies,
    Forum Member
    80sfan wrote: »
    Classy bird... so she's got £12 million in the bank but goes to Burger King :D

Not only classy, but smart. That's why she still has the 12 mill BP or $18 mill and other singers wind up bankrupt.
    Forum Member

She and her manager said no. She doesn't like routine and her temperament isn't suited to pop star tours. She sells albums without them. She may some day do a concert or 2 when she feels like it. Carnegie Hall type venues, not arenas. She will always perform, as she did in a random piano bar in Spain, because she's been doing it all her life, but on her terms.
    Forum Member
    Nosnikrapl wrote: »
    No way on gods earth would she get insurance for a tour as she is not reliable enough. She just isn't capable of doing a tour which as someone else said is going to be the main earner for artists going forward.

She will never do it, because she can sell enough without it.
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ms. Boyle (real name Lady Hilary McDuff)

Is she friends with Lady Miley McCyrus? :p
  • STACEYFISHERSTACEYFISHER Posts: 155
    Forum Member
    trennie wrote: »
    She will never do it, because she can sell enough without it.

She couldn't do night after night but she could do the odd few dates.
  • icanboogieicanboogie Posts: 770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She couldn't do night after night but she could do the odd few dates.

I wouldn't be so sure. I paid £80 for two tickets to see her in the 'I Dreamed A Dream' musical. All she had to do was sing two songs and she never even turned up. She had played two nights at the venue and that was it.

I know she has problems but this has really put me off her. I know the small print said there was no guarantee but still it was shoddy and the show was not worth the money without her.

I hope Rihanna kicks her wiggling butt when they both release albums.
  • 80sfan80sfan Posts: 18,522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not only classy, but smart. That's why she still has the 12 mill BP or $18 mill and other singers wind up bankrupt.

Give her time... she's a one-trick pony with 'bankrupt' written all over her, then she'll be begging outside Burger King :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 75
    Forum Member
    80sfan wrote: »
    Give her time... she's a one-trick pony with 'bankrupt' written all over her, then she'll be begging outside Burger King :D
    If it's the Burger King where you work, you'll be the first to know.
  • thistledounthistledoun Posts: 40
    Forum Member

How can you claim to know that??

1. Her brother Gerry, who appears to be of very modest means, suddenly has £1 million "set aside" as prize money for a competition scheme he's running; and he's also got the financing for a musical event he's staging in the near future. In addition, Susan has six other brothers & sisters, and numerous adult nieces & nephews, who likely may also be recipients of her generosity.

2. She is now a patron of the Bathgate Regal Theatre. Who knows how much that money pit has received from her.

3. When she asked to perform for the Pope (and yes, she asked them - coincidentally, just at the time when the promo for her first album was beginning...), her request was accomodated. Apparently her tithing to the Retired Paedophiles' Fund - er, the Catholic Church - had not gone unnoticed.

4. She has acquired a PhD (Hon.) from Queen Margaret University - can anyone seriously believe that a significant chunk of money did not change hands there.

5. She "supports" Celtic FC to the extent that she was given permission to usurp the fans' tradition of singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone' at the opening of a recent Champions League match, along with doing the halftime drawing together with Elaine C Smith (star of Subo the Musical - opening soon in Scotland - again, what a coincidence!). Nice bit of promo for the show (which has yet to turn a profit, btw); but Susan had undoubtedly paid for that microphone many times over.

In short, I don't see how you can possibly put even a ballpark estimate on her current bank balance, or to state as fact that she still has 'most' of her earnings.