Vampire Diaries - Anyone else getting bored of it?

Comments

• JenzenJenzen Posts: 7,364
    Forum Member
    Karis wrote: »
    He's never coming back. He's already in another show :(

They need to reset the show. Make Elena human again and get back to basics...

Cult? Thought it wasn't doing too well though, there is hope :D

I agree with making Elena human again. Too many supernaturals running around now, Matt the only human left I think.
  • jette52jette52 Posts: 256
    Forum Member
    elena has not done mutch of anything as a vampire. I am beginning to think that the only reason they made her a vampire in the first place was so that she could get in bed with damon.
  • KarisKaris Posts: 6,380
    Forum Member
    jette52 wrote: »
    elena has not done mutch of anything as a vampire. I am beginning to think that the only reason they made her a vampire in the first place was so that she could get in bed with damon.

Agreed. I don't see why they needed to do it just because it happened in the books. Make her human and bring in some really cool big bad for each series (which you never ever EVER overuse*).

After all, aside from a (very) few names, the books and the TV show have absolutely nothing else in common.

If you haven't read them, it's baffling how the show got to use the name Vampire Diaries as it's scary how different they are in tone and, well, every other way as well.

* A lesson never learned in any show ever!
  • Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    jette52 wrote: »

If that's the case, then that's rubbish.

Elena is useless as a vampire.
  • JustArunJustArun Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member
    Shawn_Lunn wrote: »

That's because she still had very human qualities, Elena had always been the saint and when she became a vampire all those emotions and qualities just became heightened. Her feelings for Damon also developed because she's always had them but after she had turned those feelings became clearer.

It'll be interesting to see how Elena will develop after recent events...:)
  • Broken_ArrowBroken_Arrow Posts: 10,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I want Alaric back. I didn't realize how much of a loss he'd be but it's now apparent. The actor said he quit because he was unhappy with the direction of his character. If they could come up with something better for him to do I'm sure he'd return once Cult is cancelled.

I also want Elena to either become more interesting as a vampire or go back to being human. She's been boring this season. Katherine needs to be featured a lot more but that probably won't happen while Elena is a vampire.
    Forum Member
    Shawn_Lunn wrote: »

To be fair... she did run fast in one episode :P
  • Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member

I'll give her that one.:D

I do like Elena most of the time.
    Forum Member

Lmao :p:

And she killed that hunter ;)
    Forum Member
    JustArun wrote: »
    Lmao :p:

And she killed that hunter ;)

There we go! In the grand scheme of things, she's been more useful than say, Caroline's mum..
  • Madmissi12Madmissi12 Posts: 403
    Forum Member
    What was the latest episode on ITV2? I watch it at US pace and don't want to say anything that's a spoiler :eek:

I will say that I still like Klaus, and I'm still waiting for him and Caroline to get together. Would like to see Elijah back, but no doubt he'll be in the spin-off :)

I don't want to tempt fate, but I do wonder how long it will be before one of the main 3 wants out, the show will be in its fifth series soon, and they must be getting offers to do other things. I would hope they'd wrap it up at that point, they can't drag out a love triangle with only two people in it :rolleyes:
  • lordo350lordo350 Posts: 3,633
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not getting sick of it, by any stretch... but it has dipped in quality.
    Thing is, I'm a Klaus fan. Shoot me, but I am. I love his character. I love how he's an in destructible hybried and how he's always one step ahead. I love how he's either ally or foe to the heroes, dependent on the day of the week.
    However.
    I'm in two minds about the spin off.
    On one hand, the show has been so Originals dominated for so long now, and for the longest time their story was the most interesting part for me. The love triangle drags on and on... hell in season 4 it's bound to do. Nobody seems to like this sire bond thing, but at least it's something new. Christ did I want to kill Elena myself at the end of season 3. Damon and Stefan, hanging around ready to die for her, hell EVERYONE is, and one of the main storylines was which brother she'd pick. Elena is ten times the character Bella is. So what the hell did they decrease her to that for? My point is, without the Originals, I do think the show will seriously dip in quality.
    On the other, Klaus in his own show has potential to be awesome, and maybe VD will benefit from getting rid of characters who kick the arses of their main characters week in week out. So , we'll see.
    This used to be my favourite show. I have been a bit indifferent towards it this year. It's still very good imo though... one of the best.
    I do find Klaroline shippers to be hilarious though. Guys, this is Klaus. Klaus. After everything he's done to Elena and everyone Caroline cares about... and you still think that would be an awesome couple?
  • Chris2387Chris2387 Posts: 105
    Forum Member
    I still love the show but the only thing tiresome about it is the main love triangle. The best episodes this season are the ones that haven't focused on it as much and the pre-sire bond stuff. The Originals are currently their best actors on the show and one of the few things keeping my love for the show so it's gonna be weird without them for me next season if all goes well with the spin off
    Forum Member
    They all should really be moving on past the dreary love triangle. They should all get new and interesting partners which could make for all sorts of exciting new stories and conflicts.

But no, they'll keep dragging out the same old story!
  • Madmissi12Madmissi12 Posts: 403
    Forum Member
    lordo350 wrote: »
    Not getting sick of it, by any stretch... but it has dipped in quality.
    Thing is, I'm a Klaus fan. Shoot me, but I am. I love his character. I love how he's an in destructible hybried and how he's always one step ahead. I love how he's either ally or foe to the heroes, dependent on the day of the week.
    However.
    I'm in two minds about the spin off.
    On one hand, the show has been so Originals dominated for so long now, and for the longest time their story was the most interesting part for me. The love triangle drags on and on... hell in season 4 it's bound to do. Nobody seems to like this sire bond thing, but at least it's something new. Christ did I want to kill Elena myself at the end of season 3. Damon and Stefan, hanging around ready to die for her, hell EVERYONE is, and one of the main storylines was which brother she'd pick. Elena is ten times the character Bella is. So what the hell did they decrease her to that for? My point is, without the Originals, I do think the show will seriously dip in quality.
    On the other, Klaus in his own show has potential to be awesome, and maybe VD will benefit from getting rid of characters who kick the arses of their main characters week in week out. So , we'll see.
    This used to be my favourite show. I have been a bit indifferent towards it this year. It's still very good imo though... one of the best.
    I do find Klaroline shippers to be hilarious though. Guys, this is Klaus. Klaus. After everything he's done to Elena and everyone Caroline cares about... and you still think that would be an awesome couple?

Yes :D I like to believe that Caroline could turn Klaus into a good person (although he probably wouldn't be as fun a character then), and I like Klaus more than Tyler :p
    Forum Member
    to tell you the truth I would not mind seeing Klaus and caroline together. tyler was a bore for me this season. I especially liked the part where Klaus asked damon what did he say to elena to make her forgive him and come to him instead of Stefan so to speak. however if Klaus and caroline getting together means him becoming like damon is now due to trying to please elena then I will pass on Klaus/caroline .
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,914
    Forum Member
    I heard on twitter the 3 main characters have signed for six seasons.If it went on longer the bro's would have to be human an start ageing.....Elena would be ok she nearly decade younger!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 91
    Forum Member
    herejohno wrote: »
    I heard on twitter the 3 main characters have signed for six seasons.If it went on longer the bro's would have to be human an start ageing.....Elena would be ok she nearly decade younger!

If the actors look after themselves, they should be alright.
    Forum Member
    If the actors look after themselves, they should be alright.

They definetly would have to look after themselves.....:D
    Forum Member
    They definetly would have to look after themselves.....:D

I was surprised to find out that Ian is way older than Joseph Morgan.:o
  • ChateauMarmontChateauMarmont Posts: 2,373
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JustArun wrote: »
    I was surprised to find out that Ian is way older than Joseph Morgan.:o

Really? Ian looks quite old if you look closely. Definitely looks early 30's to me!
    Forum Member
    Really? Ian looks quite old if you look closely. Definitely looks early 30's to me!

34 ,Nina is decade younger.Ian fits as hell.
  • JCRJCR Posts: 24,028
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Would anyone care though? David Boreanaz looks much older in the final season of Angel than in the first season of Buffy, but no-one really complained about it at the time. People get older; you can't really do anything about it.
    Forum Member
    JCR wrote: »
    Would anyone care though? David Boreanaz looks much older in the final season of Angel than in the first season of Buffy, but no-one really complained about it at the time. People get older; you can't really do anything about it.

well I suppose you are right about that. Angel did get old and I got old right with him so I hardly noticed. loved that show.
  • jammoon1jammoon1 Posts: 476
    Forum Member
    Klaus is getting on my nerves as he never seems to do much except make Smart Alec remarks. I think it's more to do with Joseph Morgan who plays him as he just doesn't have the cold but magnetic personality that I would expect of an original. If only a younger version of Julian McMahon - Nip/Tuck - could have played him. Beautiful but with that cold, cold face.:o He was great in Charmed and it was never the same after he left.