Options

Artist who've grown the most with each album

Sweendog94Sweendog94 Posts: 248
Forum Member
Who do you think has shown the most progression and growth with each album they've released?

Comments

• Options
    Barry_ClarkeBarry_Clarke Posts: 2,683
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rebecca ferguson :)
  • Options
    WhisperingGhostWhisperingGhost Posts: 4,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Wtf?! Lmao awwwww :D
  • Options
    Barry_ClarkeBarry_Clarke Posts: 2,683
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Emm just because Rebecca Ferguson came from a talent show there is no reason why she can't be regarded as someone who has improved and shown growth with each album! She ultimately has, and the reviews she has gotten show that. That may not be your opinion, but no need to disregard somebody else's viewpoint. Music Snobbery
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

And I think that'll just about do for the evening.
  • Options
    WhisperingGhostWhisperingGhost Posts: 4,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    [QUOTE=Barry_Clarke;71782027 Emm just because Rebecca Ferguson came from a talent show there is no reason why she can't be regarded as someone who has improved and shown growth with each album! She ultimately has, and the reviews she has gotten show that. That may not be your opinion, but no need to disregard somebody else's viewpoint. Music Snobbery[/QUOTE]

She's released TWO albums! Lol
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 128
    Forum Member
    I think Rihanna's progression from her debut to Rated R was great, the last few haven't been that good.

Girls Aloud got better with every album!
  • Options
    Deep PurpleDeep Purple Posts: 63,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Beatles. Please Please Me to Abbey Road in six years, with everything in between. Quite astonishing.
  • Options
    AdzPowerAdzPower Posts: 4,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Beyonce, her music at first was just throwaway, generic RnB radio hits, but her last couple of albums have been pretty artistic.
    Others I would like to mention are Britney in her prime from 1999-2007, each album evolved her sound until it reached it's pinnacle with her 2007 Blackout, everything since then unfortunately has been a step back largely because of her conservatorship.
    And Pink as well, she has grown well with each album.
  • Options
    cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    Britney (1999-2007)
    Girls Aloud
  • Options
    MagicCoppeliaMagicCoppelia Posts: 21,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Beatles. Please Please Me to Abbey Road in six years, with everything in between. Quite astonishing.

I agree. Truly amazing for a relatively short period of time.:)
  • Options
    dearmrmandearmrman Posts: 21,517
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Prince from For You to Sign O The Times (possibly Lovesexy).

9 years minimum think that beats The Beatles 6 years. But we will agree to disagree on that, just call it different tastes.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,268
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Robyn
  • Options
    meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,110
    Forum Member

Agree, I think The Beatles are the pinnacle of this.
    They managed to fit what would be a lifelong career for most people between the years of 1963 to 1970.
  • Options
    rfonzorfonzo Posts: 11,772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Michael Jackson from when he did his later work with the Jackson to Off The Wall and then subsequently Thriller. By the time he did Bad he started to explore other genres of music like rock as you can hear with singles like 'Dirty Diana.' Off the Wall was primarily a disco album and then Thriller itself was disco, pop, and soul.
  • Options
    Jambo_cJambo_c Posts: 4,672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Arctic Monkeys/Alex Turner has to have a mention. In 8 years we've had 5 Arctic Monkeys albums a Last Shadow Puppets album and a solo EP and all have been dramatically different. When you compare their first album to their last there's been a huge growth.
  • Options
    MrfentyMrfenty Posts: 717
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rihanna from Music of the Sun (which is actually pretty good, ok so more like a girl like me which was awful) to The majestic Rated R in just 4 years is pretty amazing, also no one do the boring Rihanna has no say in her albums, as Rated R was mostly written by her, also co produced, the most involved she has ever been creatively, and it just so happens to be her best album to date! Also isn't amazing how she was only 21 when this was released, like can anyone imagine people like justin b, Selena Gomez, Demi etc being brave enough to release something like this now!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,280
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wish I saw this thread earlier :cry::cry::cry:

For me:

Pink - Every time she releases an album, it ends up being better than her previous one. The Truth About Love is unquestionably her best album to date and not to mention flawless single releases. Try and Just Give Me a Reason would have to be her best two singles in her career for me.

Rihanna - Like Pink, she got better as each album went on until Rated R. Like many on this thread, I think Rated R is her best album that she has released. It ranged a great variety from Russian Roulette, Te Amo to Rude Boy and Rockstar 101. Vulnerability, tough cockiness and style all wrapped into one. Her albums after that didn't live up to Rated R. Although, Where Have You Been from Talk That Talk was an absolute smash.

Sara Barellies - I think she has shown a lot of growth and strength with every album releases. The Blessed Unrest is absolutely a great album.
  • Options
    shackfanshackfan Posts: 15,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Justin Bieber. He was a lot shorter when his first album came out.
  • Options
    LewnaticcLewnaticc Posts: 3,933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mariah Carey has grown with each album. Not necessarily for the best but up until Rainbow, it was quite a positive, interesting growth from "girl next door who stands in a pretty dress belting her heart out", to "oops my clothes fell off. but i'm incredible so whatever."
  • Options
    walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,944
    Forum Member
    Jambo_c wrote: »
    Arctic Monkeys/Alex Turner has to have a mention. In 8 years we've had 5 Arctic Monkeys albums a Last Shadow Puppets album and a solo EP and all have been dramatically different. When you compare their first album to their last there's been a huge growth.

Agree with this, 5 albums, 5 completely different styles. The difference between their first and last album is ridiculous.
  • Options
    RocketpopRocketpop Posts: 1,350
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Radiohead maybe.

Certainly their first four albums anyway : Pablo - The Bends - Ok Compy - Kid A.
  • Options
    TH14TH14 Posts: 11,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Definitely Pink..she's getting better and better all the time
  • Options
    cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    shackfan wrote: »
    Justin Bieber. He was a lot shorter when his first album came out.

:D:D:D
  • Options
    MysteriousOzMysteriousOz Posts: 6,230
    Forum Member
    JCJ94 wrote: »
    I think Rihanna's progression from her debut to Rated R was great, the last few haven't been that good.

Girls Aloud got better with every album!

You beat me to it, Ive been listening every album of Girls Aloud on Spotify and its true they just got better and better!!