Can't stand kids - want to be child free!!!

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 735
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    FluffyEgg wrote: »
    Excuse me? You pay? Not all parents are on benefits! Truly ignorant statement.

Oh please!

Yes they ARE!!!:rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,940
    Forum Member
    Bambi_Boo wrote: »
    Oh please!

Oh, really.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Refusion wrote: »
    Professional parents, wtf? You're conducting this discussion in a really mature manner.

If you don't want children, don't have them. End of. You're no more special than people who do want to have children, so, please, don't go on about it. Nobody really cares.

I didn't say I was special!!

And if you're not interested...bye, bye. ;)
  • The SnakesThe Snakes Posts: 8,940
    Forum Member
    All parents are entitled to child benefit.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,284
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh please!

Yet you had the nerve to call parents thick... you're a troll and I'm not feeding you any longer.
  • sadoldbirdsadoldbird Posts: 9,626
    Forum Member
    Not me - I took out a private pension at 18! ;)

And how do you think pension schemes work? They don't just put it away for you, you know. They rely on people contributing throughout the years.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Refusion wrote: »
    Oh, really.

Yes - they get credits or benefits of some sort!!

Whereas *I* have never claimed of the government in my life!

So *I* should be the smug one. And I am! :cool:
    Forum Member
    I didn't say I was special!!

And if you're not interested...bye, bye. ;)

You post on a public forum, you invite discussion and cannot dictate who can or cannot reply.
    The Snakes wrote: »
    All parents are entitled to child benefit.

Yeah, the only reason I want kids is so I can claim a measly £20 a week!
  • Millie MuppetMillie Muppet Posts: 6,853
    Forum Member
    I am CFBC (child-free by choice) but it's not because I hate kids; on the contrary, I quite like them. I just know I'm not maternal, and no, my mind isn't going to be changed on the subject.

I do, however, think the OP is giving us CFBC-ers a very bad name. Live and let live, that's my mantra when it comes to this issue.

And remember: the schools have broken up now. ;)
  • Bonny1Bonny1 Posts: 8,502
    Forum Member
    But I have to say...I REALLY can't stand children.

Hi Honey, I'm a mummy, however, I see exactly where your coming from.. because.. :rolleyes:

I hate, other people kids.. there I've said it.. out loud :eek:

I also respect your choice of not wanting kids, I never wanted any, but when meeting my hubby, it changed, I have two, but I spent all my childhoood, and earlier adult life, not wanting any..:o

your choice Honey, and you ceratinly not alone, also there are many many very eligable bachelors, out there, who would love you, and your choices, because many of them, also do not want kids. :D

also, if You ever consider a holiday, for yourself, with like minded people, get yourself, onto P&O cruises, and book with, mv Artemis (slightly older ship), or mv Arcadia (brand new luxury).. because they do not allow children on board, and it's not just golden oldies, it's full of young healthy fit people.. lol lol clubbing and having fun in the sun.. :cool:

best wishes honey..

Bonny
  • Alt-F4Alt-F4 Posts: 10,960
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I also get upset when thick people (usually unhappy people with children) resent me for making the smart choice NOT to have horrible kids.

If thick people upset you then life must be pretty hard.

The thing is...Kids only behave badly because their parents are tw4ts.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sadoldbird wrote: »
    And how do you think pension schemes work? They don't just put it away for you, you know. They rely on people contributing throughout the years.

I've contributed thousands already - £400 a month for the last 18 years.

I also give £100 a month to animal charities. I pay well over £500 in tax a month.

I think I'm ok as a citizen.
  • EmpiricalEmpirical Posts: 10,189
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The scream wrote: »
    I never said there was anything wrong with him or her, and I did assume from there post it was their choice anyway, sorry you have confused me a bit?:o

Well of course not. Since that's the thread title. I was trying to explain the the wording to you and her use of the word 'want which was a bit confusing.

Or at least my interpretation of it.
  • The screamThe scream Posts: 2,338
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hate them for myself...that's what I mean. I certainly DON'T hate them as people - in fact, I work with the National Commission for Children and Young People to try to improve conditions and environments for them.

I simply meant...for myself, I would HATE it!! And I would! It would be Hell on earth for me to have kids. For them and for me.[/QUOTE]

I can understand that, and that is fair enough, but you referring to children as 'sprogs' and so on has made you sound like the Child Catcher before you have even started. Not everyone wants children, yet some do. I have friends that have chosen not to have children for various reasons and thats up to them, I for one don't think of them worse or better for it, it's up to them.
    Forum Member

Well, aren't you special? Would you like a medal or something? A) for not having children, and b) for never having claimed benefits of any sort.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

AFAIK All parents of children <16 are entitled to benefits.
  • visitorvisitor Posts: 537
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

So your Mother never claimed child benefit for you then?
    Forum Member
    Why is it that some childfree people come across as being less mature than the children they claim not to want? This is something that has always puzzled me.
  • The screamThe scream Posts: 2,338
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Empirical wrote: »
    Well of course not. Since that's the thread title. I was trying to explain the the wording to you and her use of the word 'want which was a bit confusing.

Or at least my interpretation of it.

ok ta, hope I didn't sound arsey as i didn't mean it that way i was just a bit confused lol
  • Bonny1Bonny1 Posts: 8,502
    Forum Member
    I also give £100 a month to animal charities.

aaww, your seriously, kind mate.. well done you :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,512
    Forum Member
    Oh please get over yourself!

So you choose not to have kids, that's great, fantastic.

I had cats before I had kids and loved them so much, still do but its not the same. It's still love though.

I love my kids and being a parent becomes a profession as it's your chief responsibility.

I don't think people who choose not to have kids are sad, I think they are wise, as obviously they don't want them enough to be good parents anyway.

Live and let live both ways.
  • cosmocosmo Posts: 26,840
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "I hate women, can't stand the useless bitches."

"I hate men, no-good filthy scum the lot of them."

"I hate queers........"

"I hate blacks.............."

Are comments like this any less offensive and disrespectful than somebody saying they hate children and calling them abusive names?

I can never understand why it seems acceptable to attack the most vulnerable people with a sometimes vicious tirade of abuse when if the same was said about other sections of our society there would be uproar.

It's quite puzzling.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,284
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cosmo wrote: »

"I hate queers........"

Are comments like this any less offensive and disrespectful than somebody saying they hate children and calling them abusive names?

I can never understand why it seems acceptable to attack the most vulnerable people with a sometimes vicious tirade of abuse when if the same was said about other sections of our society there would be uproar.

It's quite puzzling.

I totally agree.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So someone come on here to complain that she is looked at disapprovingly by some parents who think they are better/more important for having kids.

And so a bunch of parents turn up to demand their right to prove the OP right.

Thats what I call service!:D
    Forum Member
    cosmo wrote: »

"I hate queers........"

It's quite puzzling.

This is something that has always puzzled me, too. Quite frankly, some of the vitriol I have seen directed towards children on the internet over the past few years has been appalling, and depressing. Like you I really don't see how it's acceptable to talk about them like this.