Options

If i cancel my HD suscription

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,265
Forum Member
✭✭✭
and carry on paying for my normal sky channels package will i get any HD channels free as i only ever watch bbc HD and Channel 4hd /E4HD. Sky 1 HD is pap and i cant justify paying the extra tenner a month for something i dont watch.

Comments

• Options
    MasteriserMasteriser Posts: 2,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you cancel your HD subs (assuming you have had HD for the minimum of 12 months) you will be left with: BBC 1HD, BBC HD, ITV 1HD (as long as you are not in Scotland or Northern Ireland), C4 HD, Five HD and NHK World HD.

E4 HD as well as the HD variants of ITV 2, 3 & 4 are all part of the HD pack and you will lose those (only the SD versions are free).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cheers for that ... aye had HD package for couple of years .
    Bit crap aint it the HD channels you left with :mad:
    Will have to have a think :confused:
  • Options
    foxlafoxla Posts: 1,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's why there is an HD pack, to give you HD channels
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    foxla wrote: »
    That's why there is an HD pack, to give you HD channels

True...... but most american HD channnels ive seen weeks in advance through torents etc:D
    I was just wanting to see if i still got the doctor and shameless in HD
  • Options
    MasteriserMasteriser Posts: 2,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was just wanting to see if i still got the doctor and shameless in HD

If, by "The Doctor", you meant Matt Smith's saturday evening show. That is all good and available in HD (no need for the HD pack to get BBC 1 HD). As for Shameless, this is also fine in HD from C4 HD, what you will have to do though is give up on the first look episode on E4 HD.

But is waiting a week to see Frank Gallagher et al such a hardship? I think not personally. I have just dumped Sky and got a FreeSat PVR box (£185.00 delivered, I installed the 1TB disk from my Sky box and am laughing). There is enough TV on FreeSat for me (I realised in July that 90% of what I watch is FTA stuff and found it hard to justify my Sky sub for the little it gave me). For the sport, there is the pub down the road for the odd football match I want (got small kids so am time poor and rarely got the time to see any anyway). Despite some minor user interface clunkyness, my Humax PVR has recorded everything perfectly (whereas my Sky HD would fail due to phantom no signal errors from time to time) and I love the jump button which I have set to + 4 minutes. Perfect for ad skipping!
  • Options
    AndrueAndrue Posts: 23,366
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    True...... but most american HD channnels ive seen weeks in advance through torents etc:D
    Ah so you want HD you just don't want to pay for HD. I think we understand :D
  • Options
    Jaycee DoveJaycee Dove Posts: 18,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So this suggests that Sky should set up a new service - we will remove your HD sub if you promise not to watch our HD channels and use our free ap with the non HD sub to watch all the programming illegally on other channels via 'other means'.

Cannot imagine why Sky have not decided that is a great marketting idea.

:)