Options

Coleen Nolan - Nasty Piece Of Work

pburke90pburke90 Posts: 14,758
Forum Member
✭✭
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/news/a648264/loose-womens-coleen-nolan-shocks-with-gay-rights-isis-support-comparison.html#~pdagITvMgMtsww

So, supporting gays is as bad as supporting ISIS terrorists now and we shouldn't be allowed to adopt or get married because "there's only so much she wants to accept" about gay people.

Hmmm... Wonder how she will wriggle out of this on tomorrows show?

Comments

• Options
    Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    She didn't say gay people were as bad as isis. She gave an analogy
  • Options
    PunksNotDeadPunksNotDead Posts: 21,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone actually watch this Loose Women crap anyway?
  • Options
    Rich Tea.Rich Tea. Posts: 22,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Watch it - only by accident!

I have seen this discussion today while taking lunch and even more surprising to me was that Janet Street-Porter appeared to defend the right of the bakery to refuse to take the order and make the "gay cake". Moments earlier in an unrelated chat she had mentioned how she was a friend of Elton John and had spent time with him over last weekend. He'd be thrilled to hear her thought's I bet. You can't have your cake and eat it Janet.

As for Nolan, how does that woman command time to spout off on national TV in the first place. She's tiresome.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 170
    Forum Member
    Paddy C wrote: »
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/news/a648264/loose-womens-coleen-nolan-shocks-with-gay-rights-isis-support-comparison.html#~pdagITvMgMtsww

So, supporting gays is as bad as supporting ISIS terrorists now and we shouldn't be allowed to adopt or get married because "there's only so much she wants to accept" about gay people.

I cannot bare Colleen Nolan but one things for certain is that photo of her on your link is photo shopped within an inch of its life as no way does Colleen look like that!
  • Options
    dd68dd68 Posts: 17,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Who cares about their opinions?
  • Options
    trevvytrev21trevvytrev21 Posts: 16,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Nolan family are quite gross behind that tacky 80s veneer.
  • Options
    AneechikAneechik Posts: 20,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's got form, a few years ago she made a fool of herself about gay adoption too.
  • Options
    day dreamerday dreamer Posts: 978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have never been able to stomach this woman. She's always come across as somewhat disgusting in her desperation for attention and some of the things she's come out with and claimed to have done. How she remains profitable enough for the media to give her attention mystifies me. I can't believe anyone would find her remotely likeable.
  • Options
    cleo petracleo petra Posts: 984
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As another poster pointed out Janet Street-Porter in the same segment said she is sympathetic towards the baker and wouldn't want them to lose their business and they were sort out to be used a test case.
  • Options
    CFCJM1CFCJM1 Posts: 2,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's so thick that I can't even be bothered to discuss her.
  • Options
    claire800claire800 Posts: 254
    Forum Member
    anyone know viewing figures these days.
    Fingers crossed show will be axed.
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,511
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I found it contridicting that Jamelia stated she supports gay rights but was sympathetic towards the baker. Doesn't that sort of defeat the purpose of supporting gay rights?

That's like me saying "i'm not a racist, i have black friends, but i sympathise the fact that people don't agree with interacial relationships"

I couldn't really grasp what Ruth's view was.
  • Options
    shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Her comparison is ridiculous. You chose to support ISIS, you don't choose to be gay.
  • Options
    The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Colleen Nolan in 'spouting idiotic, ill informed nonsense' shocker.
  • Options
    LizzyrozLizzyroz Posts: 844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didn't see the show, but did any of the other women question what she said or pull her up on it? If they didn't, shame on them.

Colleen really shouldn't be on TV if she can't put her brain in gear before she speaks. Remember a few years ago when she said she was going to send her son to a prostitute in order to lose his virginity? She also said she couldn't care less if her then fiancé slept with one either.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/showbiz/news/a21621/coleen-nolan-defends-prostitute-promise.html#~pdd8LUlqyrHdK9

She has some strange morals.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree, though I didn't realize she had previously spoken out about gay rights. She was indulging in a bit of 'what-ifery' as so many other people have done. What if someone wanted a portrait of Mohammed iced on their cake and asked a Muslim baker to do it? (Though obviously no one would, other than to cause trouble.) And it feels like a bit of an aggravating distraction so close to the gay marriage vote.
    I found it contridicting that Jamelia stated she supports gay rights but was sympathetic towards the baker. Doesn't that sort of defeat the purpose of supporting gay rights?
    Peter Tatchell is the same. I guess it's a little test case, that can now be applied to everyone who refuses to supply gay weddings, so it's not as trivial as it might appear. But still, there's a bit of me that can see their point, just as I could see the point of the devoutly conservative Christian registrar who lost her job when gay marriage was legalized. The world has changed, and these people have not changed with it. Most of us, I'm sure, can think of something we would not want to ice on a cake.
  • Options
    DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Other than being part of a superb,famous worldwide, supergroup (;-)) I knew nothing about the Blessed Coleen until CBB. Even if you paid me, I wouldn't watch LW.

What I learned about her in CBB wasn't good. She is a barefaced liar, a manipulative madam, a two-faced bitch, an attention-seeking ar**, a dreadful drama queen and when all else fails she can cry at the drop of a hat.

I won't be watching to see how she wriggles out of this one but I guarantee it will be down to someone else because she is such a lovely understanding woman who is perfect in every way. ;-)
  • Options
    dorkjacksndorkjacksn Posts: 598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rich Tea. wrote: »
    You can't have your cake and eat it Janet.

She can... those Gays certainly can't do either though... :-/

Pretty sickened at Coleen... you'd have thought someone who's been in the Biz as long as she has she would have friends who were (and therefore would have a certain sympathy with) gay people.

The sooner we rid ourselves of the poisonous influence of these vile, money peddling, organised religions the better. They sicken me.
  • Options
    Irma BuntIrma Bunt Posts: 1,847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The fundamental problem with Coleen Nolan isn't that she's homophobic (though her previous remarks about having a problem with gay adoption suggest she won't be seen on a Pride march anytime soon) or that she's nasty.

No, the problem is she's thick, but is called upon to deliver her "wisdom" on Loose Women. That she hasn't a clue what she's talking about half the time is painfully obvious. And she perfectly illustrates that old adage that it is better to say nothing and be thought stupid, than it is to open your mouth and confirm it.
  • Options
    BanditaBandita Posts: 3,735
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is why I love LW it has me outraged for days! Although because of this I rarely watch it. A good outrage is great but you can have too much of a good thing. Coleen has some very strange views and was hideous on CBB. I can only watch that when a Nolan is on which is quite a lot.;-) :D:D
  • Options
    LolaSveltLolaSvelt Posts: 2,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Well it was a very poor one. All the LGBT want is the right to be treated as equal citizens. Being turned away for their sexuality is not right. Sometimes people forget that these people are human beings.

And really, what a shocker that is has something to do with religion. Not.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

But one has to have at least a modicum of wit and intelligence to start attempting analogies. From what I have seen of Ms. Nolan, she possesses neither.
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Paddy C wrote: »

Coleen simply meant that, as a business, do the bakers that's being talked about have to make a cake with whatever writing the customer wants on it? She was saying that people who own and run their own bakery should be free to choose which custom they want and which custom they don't want. I think the person who owns that bakery is a spiteful pig, but it is their business. As Coleen says, the couple who got refused custom, they should just not bother going back to that bakery. It's the person behind the counter in that bakery who's a nasty piece of work. The video of her saying it below.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/coleen-nolan-causes-controversy-compares-5727321
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zx50 wrote: »
    Coleen simply meant that, as a business, do the bakers that's being talked about have to make a cake with whatever writing the customer wants on it? She was saying that people who own and run their own bakery should be free to choose which custom they want and which custom they don't want. I think the person who owns that bakery is a spiteful pig, but it is their business. As Coleen says, the couple who got refused custom, they should just not bother going back to that bakery. It's the person behind the counter in that bakery who's a nasty piece of work. The video of her saying it below.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/coleen-nolan-causes-controversy-compares-5727321

She tried to make an intellectual point but, being thick as two short planks, made a hash of it and has offended a lot of people. Her lamentable track record over gay rights has merely fuelled the anger.

A bigger woman would have apologised for the offence caused and tried to clarify what she meant and the row would have died down. As far as I'm aware, she has done neither.

And if you run a business, you have to abide by the laws of the land, whether you like it or not. The law states that you cannot discriminate because of sexuality (though you would not be compelled to do business with someone supporting a banned terrorist organisation). So you have a choice, you abide buy the law or you don't trade. And that is right an proper, otherwise businesses would be flouting health and safety laws, ignoring food hygiene regulations, etc...
  • Options
    walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,966
    Forum Member
    Are ISIS covered under the race discrimination act now then?