Rex: Sara is a "dirty little tramp".

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lollyish wrote: »
    Pretty much.

I still think that he's been a great housemate but I'm not liking him very much right now.

I might follow Grace Dent and switch off for a few days.

OMG!:eek: No don't switch off lollyish, you've watched all this time. :(
  • Options
    yellowlabbieyellowlabbie Posts: 59,081
    Forum Member
    wappaho wrote: »
    well the expression dirty little tramp has more than one meaning - i understand rex's meaning, you don't

english is a contextual language and should not be separated from lingual context nor siutational context

chinese for instance is completely different, there is no emotional emphasis in speech, everyone uses the same intonation otherwise the meaning of the word changes

listen to rex's voice not his words, look at his eyes and body movements, watch how sara responds to him, the sideways glances, is he serious? is he teasing? why is he teasing? does he like me?

there is a whole drama going on there i'm sorry you're missing it

:)

You just keep making excuses for him. He called her 'a dirty little tramp and to go and crawl back in your hole you dirty badger'. He was talking to Stu, two men running down a young lady, calling her names. And all she said was that he like him at first but then found out he had a girlfriend. Rex flirts with women then slags them off behind their back. I wonder what the other HMs would think of him if they knew what he had called sara? Somehow, I think most of them would agree with me.
  • Options
    KatrinaKKatrinaK Posts: 32,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jinxed1 wrote: »
    Is/was Sara upset about it?

If not why should we bother about it - if the person involved isn't bothered it's a non-issue imo....:rolleyes:

I'm sorry and no offence to you (so please dont take this personally :) ) but I'm sick of this analogy getting branded out on the forum.

It's the new "defence" for Rex, that much is clear.

It seems that just because the party (who was insulted, baggered, belittled, bullied or what ever you want to call it) doesn't complain or take offence, then we the viewers must agree with them and let Rex go.

Just because certain HM doesn't make a clear cut objection to it, it doesn't make Rex's actions any less ugly. Niether does it make our view anyless valid.

We, at the end of the day, are people with opinions and are there make judgements and assements on HM. We speak for ourselves and it's our take on it. It's not wrong, neither is right but the argument does hold water.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    flowerpowa wrote: »
    It is just silly banter.

No it isn't. Hating women is not about banter, despite what Rex or his fans may say imo.:)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 592
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Holly Oaks wrote: »
    I used to love him, but he just comes out with nasty comments so often, I wouldn't mind him being evicted on Friday.

Ditto. :( Having watched the live feed a lot over the past week, he is getting worse. I think he's had his time here and needs to get back to his Hooray Henry lifestyle where he can criticise until the cows come home with his cronies. Shame on you Rex. I too was a fan of his.
  • Options
    CandiceCandice Posts: 8,579
    Forum Member
    jinxed1 wrote: »
    Thanks, not got lf so wasn't sure who he had said it to :)

I'm sure he'll be happy to repeat it to her if she asks then...

She won't know to ask him - not unless Stuart was to tell her. In any case, are you sure he would tell her '...you dirty little tramp... get back in your hole you dirty badger? Even by Rex's standards that would be going too far.
  • Options
    saffron500saffron500 Posts: 1,745
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's only syaing what everyone in the house is thinking

:D

Plus this forum in the early days. Posters were always commenting about her behaviour around the men and they didnt like it. This is a bit of banter but Rex has said it so I dont think I need to go on really. :D
  • Options
    playstationplaystation Posts: 551
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    After another 'the truth hurts, but had to be said' moment rex is firmly my favorite now.
  • Options
    Queen MaeveQueen Maeve Posts: 22,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sara was telling Maysoon last night how delighted she was for Rex knowing his GF took part in the ID parade, as she really would miss him in the house if he went, and maybe now he'll want to stay.

What does he do to these females?.................apart from Maysoon who nominated him...oh and Lisa - who secretly has the hots for him but is taking revenge for the fact that he didn't 'hit on her' like all the other guys did.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,234
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    well the expression dirty little tramp has more than one meaning - i understand rex's meaning, you don't

english is a contextual language and should not be separated from lingual context nor siutational context

chinese for instance is completely different, there is no emotional emphasis in speech, everyone uses the same intonation otherwise the meaning of the word changes

listen to rex's voice not his words, look at his eyes and body movements, watch how sara responds to him, the sideways glances, is he serious? is he teasing? why is he teasing? does he like me?

there is a whole drama going on there i'm sorry you're missing it

:)

That actually gave me a good laugh.

Now if only everyone was to look at Rex's eyes and study his body language then we would all come to the conclusion that he was messing around and really is a sweety pie :rolleyes:

I have no idea why you are talking about the chinese language.. what has that got to do with Rex calling Sara a tramp :yawn:
  • Options
    jinxed1jinxed1 Posts: 5,900
    Forum Member
    KatrinaK wrote: »
    I'm sorry and no offence to you (so please dont take this personally :) ) but I'm sick of this analogy getting branded out on the forum.

It's the new "defence" for Rex, that much is clear.

It seems that just because the party (who was insulted, baggered, belittled, bullied or what ever you want to call it) doesn't complain or take offence, then we the viewers must agree with them and let Rex go.

Just because certain HM doesn't make a clear cut objection to it, it doesn't make Rex's actions any less ugly. Niether does it make our view anyless valid.

We, at the end of the day, are people with opinions and are there make judgements and assements on HM. We speak for ourselves and it's our take on it. It's not wrong, neither is right but the argument does hold water.

Not taken personally at all :)

My own view point is that if the person involved does not make an issue out of it then it is not an issue.

I realise that a lot of people will disagree with me and we will just have to agree to disagree :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You just keep making excuses for him. He called her 'a dirty little tramp and to go and crawl back in your hole you dirty badger'. He was talking to Stu, two men running down a young lady, calling her names. And all she said was that he like him at first but then found out he had a girlfriend. Rex flirts with women then slags them off behind their back. I wonder what the other HMs would think of him if they knew what he had called sara? Somehow, I think most of them would agree with me.

i'm not making excuses :D i'm trying to explain to you the reasons why he makes me laugh

i didn't see his chat with sara, it's possible he has gone too far but i doubt it because i have seen how in touch with peoples feelings he is so he knows when to make amends

the relationships that kat and darnell and rachel have are just pacts to support each other, there is no rapport there - can you imagine rachel and darnell going out on the uotside of the house?

rex is making connections with people i'm not really sure how much he likes rachel but he doesnt generally talk much to people who bore him
  • Options
    Forum Member
    After another 'the truth hurts, but had to be said' moment rex is firmly my favorite now.

But he didn't say it to her, she didn't hear, only Stu.
  • Options
    jinxed1jinxed1 Posts: 5,900
    Forum Member
    Candice wrote: »
    She won't know to ask him - not unless Stuart was to tell her. In any case, are you sure he would tell her '...you dirty little tramp... get back in your hole you dirty badger? Even by Rex's standards that would be going too far.

I don't think he will say those exact words to her but he will tell her the issue he has with her I would expect :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,179
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

More to the point, I wonder how Rex would react if he overheard another man speaking about his girlfriend in similar terms?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    saffron500 wrote: »
    Plus this forum in the early days. Posters were always commenting about her behaviour around the men and they didnt like it.

Is true, The forum saw her behaviour during the first 2/3 weeks and noticed how loose she acted around the male HMs.

Now Rex has commented on it, he's a bad person. Bit hypocritical really.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    i'm not making excuses :D i'm trying to explain to you the reasons why he makes me laugh

i didn't see his chat with sara, it's possible he has gone too far but i doubt it because i have seen how in touch with peoples feelings he is so he knows when to make amends

the relationships that kat and darnell and rachel have are just pacts to support each other, there is no rapport there - can you imagine rachel and darnell going out on the uotside of the house?

rex is making connections with people i'm not really sure how much he likes rachel but he doesnt generally talk much to people who bore him

It wasn't a chat with Sara, he was in the police car with Stuart, she was nowhere near. The VT is on the OPs original post. Do you really think Sara would not respond to being called a dirty little tramp?
  • Options
    flowerpowaflowerpowa Posts: 24,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mooncup wrote: »
    No it isn't. Hating women is not about banter, despite what Rex or his fans may say imo.:)

Rex does'nt hate women, its just the opposite.You are taking this whole episode far too seriously.:) its a show, he likes winding people up.
  • Options
    KatrinaKKatrinaK Posts: 32,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

She was overly flirtatious but to call her a dirty tramp is way of base and very unjust imho.

It's also clear that he was not joking.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Delboy_RKO wrote: »
    That actually gave me a good laugh.

Now if only everyone was to look at Rex's eyes and study his body language then we would all come to the conclusion that he was messing around and really is a sweety pie :rolleyes:

I have no idea why you are talking about the chinese language.. what has that got to do with Rex calling Sara a tramp :yawn:

the point is that speaking english (properly, kat) is not just about the words

but even the words have multiple meanings. the word tramp is not necessarily insulting. the amount of biatch words on here just shows a more modern word with complex meaning

the chinese do not convery meaning with the tone of their voice, the english do. rex generally makes rude remarks in a very flat tone followed by a sort of phut sound. both those are indications that seriousness has been suspended and jokes have begun, it's a cultural thing but it makes perfect sense to me :D
  • Options
    twingletwingle Posts: 19,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is true, The forum saw her behaviour during the first 2/3 weeks and noticed how loose she acted around the male HMs.

Aye but playstation this is rex we talking about not the slimey weasel Luke :eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But he didn't say it to her, she didn't hear, only Stu.

Stu is her best male HM arguably. He could have defended her, but her knew Rex was right. I noticed he just listened and nodded in agreement thinking its scathing but true.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    flowerpowa wrote: »
    Rex does'nt hate women, its just the opposite.You are taking this whole episode far too seriously.:) its a show.

No thanks, but I will stick with my own opinion. "It's a show" - is that a defence for anything that happens? I suppose Dennis spitting on someone was alright because "it's a show".
  • Options
    spotyspoty Posts: 11,195
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rex is not using conversation to impart information he is usiing it as a way to occupy his intellect. he'd be the first to admit he's winding people up but god help us if we had a house full of kat and rachels, what woudl there be to watch?

That how I think, love Rex. He gets the conversation going and people now talk to each other instead of the whisper gang. :p
  • Options
    Welsh-ladWelsh-lad Posts: 51,925
    Forum Member
    I am at a loss to figure out how *anyone* can find this man in any way tolerable, let alone likeable :eek:

So now it's Sara's turn to get it in the neck :rolleyes: