Previous Survivor Discussion

Gothic-DudeGothic-Dude Posts: 2,048
Forum Member
✭✭✭
All in the title.

So far I have seen Australian outback, Africa, Amazon, Pearl Islands, All-Stars and Hero's vs Villians

Currently on season 22 and I cant believe that in episode one
Philip sold Christa and Francesca out like that, Rob was sure happy that happened, he has these dumb asses under his thumb already its pathetic. I know he wins, but you would think at least the tribe would have a brain cell to vote him out after his performance in all-stars.

Comments

• meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,104
    Forum Member
    It was certainly an eventful tribal council, but not so good to lose an actual character so soon.

If anyone's interested I'm watching Pearl Islands (my fave season) for the 3rd time. :D
  • Gothic-DudeGothic-Dude Posts: 2,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was certainly an eventful tribal council, but not so good to lose an actual character so soon.

If anyone's interested I'm watching Pearl Islands (my fave season) for the 3rd time. :D

Pearl Islands was okay
    I am Glad Sandra won, buy she knows how to work the jury. Lil was a pathetic runner up, and Jon pissed me off, the lie about his grandmother :sleep:

Very likeable people included Rupert who has a heart of gold he is so nice, and I liked him All-Stars (which I just finished)

If I had to rank them so far I would say

All - Stars (I loved how bitter the Jury was)
    Amazon (Just a great season as the power always changed)
    Pearl Islands
    Hero's Vs Villians (Will be interesting to watch Pavarati, Ive heard good things about her in her season)
    Australia
    Africa
    Forum Member
    Certainly opt for Fans vs Favourites (aka Micronesia) to get your Parvati fix.
    Don't expect too much of her in Cook Islands or else you'll be disappointed.

Anyway I don't want to spoil anything so *zips mouth* :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sure Ill watch season 22 first then them two

Quick question which one does she feature in first?
    Forum Member
    Sure Ill watch season 22 first then them two

Quick question which one does she feature in first?

Cook Islands.
  • fab cescfab cesc Posts: 19,196
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pearl Islands was okay
    I am Glad Sandra won, buy she knows how to work the jury. Lil was a pathetic runner up, and Jon pissed me off, the lie about his grandmother :sleep:

Very likeable people included Rupert who has a heart of gold he is so nice, and I liked him All-Stars (which I just finished)

If I had to rank them so far I would say

All - Stars (I loved how bitter the Jury was)
    Amazon (Just a great season as the power always changed)
    Pearl Islands
    Hero's Vs Villians (Will be interesting to watch Pavarati, Ive heard good things about her in her season)
    Australia
    Africa

Amazon is awesome.

Rupert? Really? :eek:
    Cook Islands.

CI is a very underated season. I remember when it came out it was considered one of the worst, seems to be slowly growing on people over time though :).
  • chrono88chrono88 Posts: 3,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cook Islands is my favourite (from Vanuatu onwards)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes I liked Rupert he seems like a nice person

On season 22
    They might as well give Rob the money now, their all too scared to go aganist him. I like Andrea as shes very beautiful lol and Phillip is just so random I hope he sticks around as well for entertainment value, the others can go because their just pretty faces that add no value to the game. On the other side I am sad Kristina (who just got kicked off) and Steph are being picked off, maybe I find them attractive I don't know, but they are underdogs and I hope something drastic happens. The other six are stupid and pretty soon they will have to turn on one another, which I can not wait for as I would be happy to see them all go one by one. I know Rob wins but I thought he would at least have a challenge, but I am only on episode 5, so it might turn into amazon and the power might chance per episode
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fab cesc wrote: »
    Amazon is awesome.

Rupert? Really? :eek:

CI is a very underated season. I remember when it came out it was considered one of the worst, seems to be slowly growing on people over time though :).

:D My reaction too. I can hardly bear to watch him when he turns up for Reunion shows, let alone the seasons he actually played.

And sorry, I think S22 is the worst ever.
    If Boston Rob hadn't been on it I would have turned off and I've never done that with Survivor
  • chrono88chrono88 Posts: 3,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    S22 is just horrible. HORRIBLE.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tally wrote: »
    :D My reaction too. I can hardly bear to watch him when he turns up for Reunion shows, let alone the seasons he actually played.

If Boston Rob hadn't been on it I would have turned off and I've never done that with Survivor

Yes and the other tribe made a big mistake like this years
    You never lose or voluteer to go to tribal. If I remember right that was the start of downfall

That series was the worst ever
    its just so easy for Rob.
  • Yobaba**Yobaba** Posts: 4,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tally wrote: »

Actually I think it would have been better without Boston Rob. It just ruined it having someone there that everyone was so in awe of.
    Forum Member
    Yobaba** wrote: »
    Actually I think it would have been better without Boston Rob. It just ruined it having someone there that everyone was so in awe of.

This ^
    I don't actually think they were all THAT dumb, just quite dumb. The editing I think removes any slight form of intelligence in anyone but Rob.
    It was just a season gifted to him.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This ^
    I don't actually think they were all THAT dumb, just quite dumb. The editing I think removes any slight form of intelligence in anyone but Rob.

At the beginning of that season, I thought that this cast has a lot of potential. They didn't live up to their potential at all which saddened me.:( But I wonder if things would have been different without Rob.

For definite the way things played out would have been completely different, and the edit would have been more even because that season it was horrendous.
    Forum Member
    At the beginning of that season, I thought that this cast has a lot of potential. They didn't live up to their potential at all which saddened me.:( But I wonder if things would have been different without Rob.

For definite the way things played out would have been completely different, and the edit would have been more even because that season it was horrendous.

It was strange, the cast seemed to have all the essential ingredients at the start, but it's like they all had their common sense chips removed and couldn't think for themselves properly. :confused:

If the editors wanted to make Rob look good then they should have made everyone look good. Instead it just comes across like a p*ss poor season that anyone could win.
    Forum Member

I liked Rupert too. He was a fitting castaway for the pirate theme of Pearl Islands lol
    And he was in an alliance with two of my faves - Sandra and Christa. :)

I'm a fan of Cook Islands too.

My own personal ranking of the seasons is....
    1. Pearl Islands
    2. Exile Island
    3. Guatemala
    4. Borneo
    5. Cook Islands
    6. Heroes vs Villains
    7. Marquesas
    8. China
    9. Amazon
    10. Micronesia
    11. Tocantins
    12. Vanuatu
    13. Gabon
    14. Palau
    15. South Pacific
    16. Fiji
    17. Nicaragua
    18. Africa
    19. All-stars
    20. Australian Outback
    21. Samoa
    22. Thailand
    23. Redemption Island.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,385
    Forum Member
    I wasn't a fan of CI when I watched it either but I think the reason it was so unpopular was because it was the season that drastically changed the format of the show, e.g. with 20 contestants, final 3 etc., and let's face it, it's shit - but at least now we've come to expect and tolerate it. I still think the show should go back to its 16 contestants and final 2 setup.

Season 22 is the most dire piece of television I have ever suffered through. And such a disappointment after Nicaragua...funnily I missed Nicaragua on its originally airing, so I watched whilst RI was on the air, loved it so much I HAD to follow it up with the first half of Redemption Island, and was even more dismayed at its rubbishness.

With respect to Rupert, I've never been a fan, in PI he showed himself to be a bit of an arse when he went off at Shawn (?) for 'daring to vote' for him.

I think I'll watch All-Stars (for the first time!) when my exams are over...last summer I started filling in the gaps in my Survivor back catalogue and I've now watched all the pre-ASS seasons, although some of them I don't remember too well. Is ASS any good? :D

Of the recent seasons I'd recommend Nicaragua, Gabon, FvF and China. (21, 17. 16, 15) :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hated All-Stars. So many horrible egos, predictable gameplay. It has the most disgusting, bitter jury I've ever seen in one of these shows. It says it all about a season when the only person you like gets booed and walks off during the reunion show.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hated All-Stars. So many horrible egos, predictable gameplay. It has the most disgusting, bitter jury I've ever seen in one of these shows. It says it all about a season when the only person you like gets booed and walks off during the reunion show.

Who walked of the reunion show? I didnt bother watching them just saw who won and went to the next one.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jerri
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh :( I like Jerri, sure she's not everyone's cup of tea, but she was one of the best things about season 2
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I liked Rupert too. He was a fitting castaway for the pirate theme of Pearl Islands lol
    And he was in an alliance with two of my faves - Sandra and Christa. :)

Yeah I liked them three as well
    loved when Sandra through away all the fish when they kicked out Rupert :cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This ^

The girls have confirmed in interviews afterwards that they knew a lot more than editing let on.

Season 22 is the most dire piece of television I have ever suffered through. And such a disappointment after Nicaragua...funnily I missed Nicaragua on its originally airing, so I watched whilst RI was on the air, loved it so much I HAD to follow it up with the first half of Redemption Island, and was even more dismayed at its rubbishness.

With respect to Rupert, I've never been a fan, in PI he showed himself to be a bit of an arse when he went off at Shawn (?) for 'daring to vote' for him.

I think I'll watch All-Stars (for the first time!) when my exams are over...last summer I started filling in the gaps in my Survivor back catalogue and I've now watched all the pre-ASS seasons, although some of them I don't remember too well. Is ASS any good? :D

Of the recent seasons I'd recommend Nicaragua, Gabon, FvF and China. (21, 17. 16, 15) :)

Yep that's my main reason for not liking him. He didn't seem that bad before that but the way he screamed at JFP for daring to vote for him and put him hands around his neck was disgusting. So arrogant. There's a reason why about 98% of survivors that know him take the piss out of him.

Its great how everyone has their favourite seasons, something for everyone :). Nicaragua and Gabon are by far my least favourite seasons since like pre All Stars,
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah I liked them three as well
    loved when Sandra through away all the fish when they kicked out Rupert :cool:

Didn't her closest ally Christie get the blame for that and get voted out the next episode because of it?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't her closest ally Christie get the blame for that and get voted out the next episode because of it?

Yeah, but Sandra was still loyal to her and did not vote for her out I think.