Raydons Custom Firmware

124»

Comments

• Joolio GeordioJoolio Geordio Posts: 79
    Forum Member
    Open the documentation pages (The books icon in the Webif). Open faq's and then select the tab Accessing Webif From The Internet.

Excellent thanks I will try that this evening.
    On a separate note I have encountered an issue trying to set two programmes to record at the same time using the Webif. I get a message telling me I only have one satellite feed. It allows me to set two programmes to record if I go via the traditional route.
  • grahamlthompsongrahamlthompson Posts: 18,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Excellent thanks I will try that this evening.
    On a separate note I have encountered an issue trying to set two programmes to record at the same time using the Webif. I get a message telling me I only have one satellite feed. It allows me to set two programmes to record if I go via the traditional route.

In the webif settings change the number of coax feeds to 2.
  • zubzub Posts: 286
    Forum Member
    Hello peeps, What version are we on for raydons firmware and where can I obtain it. Lost touch with the Humax Freesat Recorder for a while.....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    zub wrote: »
    Hello peeps, What version are we on for raydons firmware and where can I obtain it. Lost touch with the Humax Freesat Recorder for a while.....

https://www.avforums.com/threads/media-file-server-bundle-for-the-foxsat-hdr-release-4-part-5.1829374/
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just to update that since adding a static IP address to both the Humax and the router I have not had any problems.

So it definitely wasn't the patch, as I thought it was.
    Forum Member
    Hiya

It is all up and running now and it is very good, certainly gives a new lease of life to the Foxsat.
    The set up is
    Sky box and Foxsat one connected to the main TV - Foxsat 1 is not connected to the dish and won't be until Sept when the years free Sky Subscription expires. Foxsat 1 is connected by powerline to my BT home hub and also has a 2TB external hard drive connected to it.
    Foxsat 2 is upstairs and is connected to the dish as well as being connected to the BT Home Hub by powerline. Both Foxsats are running the latest custom firmware so I can stream from each one to tablet, phone or PC and also file transfer between Foxsats and other devices including from Foxsat 2 to the external Hard drive connected to Foxsat 1 so I can record stuff upstairs and watch it downstairs which is a handy thing to have until I get a DLNA device that can play .ts files from Foxsat 2 .

I am very impressed. Thank you to everyone who has taken the time to answer my questions on this thread and to Raydon and the team that put the Firmware upgrade together,

All the best

Joolio
    Forum Member
    Hello and Happy New Year.
    Just wondering if it would be possible to stream content ( .ts files) from one Foxsat running Raydons Custom Firmware to a Western Digital TV streaming box?
    Cheers
    All the best
    Joolio
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hello and Happy New Year.
    Just wondering if it would be possible to stream content ( .ts files) from one Foxsat running Raydons Custom Firmware to a Western Digital TV streaming box?
    Cheers
    All the best
    Joolio

Happy new year. Possibly, only way to tell is try it out, unless someone has tried it already. You need a DNLA server package like Twonky 4.

Additionally for HD nowsters patch is required and most likely convertfiles to give you the main audio track rather than the audio descrbed ones (It's possible the DLNA client on the WD box may allow selection of the correct audio track)
    Forum Member
    Just snaffled a second hand Western Digital TV live box and I am happy to report it effortlessly streams from my Humax Foxsat upstairs to the tv downstairs.
    I am well pleased once again with the versatility and flexibility of the firmware upgrade.
    Thanks again
    Joolio
  • ds_readerds_reader Posts: 10,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just snaffled a second hand Western Digital TV live box and I am happy to report it effortlessly streams from my Humax Foxsat upstairs to the tv downstairs.
    I am well pleased once again with the versatility and flexibility of the firmware upgrade.
    Thanks again
    Joolio

It is great what Raydons custom HACKware adds to Humax PVRs.

Do Humax support the hacking of their equipment ... :confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 54
    Forum Member
    ds_reader wrote: »
    It is great what Raydons custom HACKware adds to Humax PVRs.

Do Humax support the hacking of their equipment ... :confused:
    If it so great then why use the derogatory term HACKware to describe it, and capitalise the word 'hack' just to make your point ?
    That's not what I would term being appreciative. Your post looks more like trolling, rather than asking a genuine question.

PDNFTT
  • gomezzgomezz Posts: 44,505
    Forum Member
    It is not derogatory if intended in the original meaning of the word. But I agree, the use of capitalisation does support your assertion.