Options

Anybody here feel sorry for Anna Windass

13»

Comments

• Options
    soap-leasoap-lea Posts: 23,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The front room would be absolutely fine, except that in Kevin's house the kitchen and dining room are together, so without the front room they would have nowhere to sit except the kitchen/diner, which doesn't sound very practical.
    Also, Faye would still be sharing because there are only two bedrooms in Kevin's house and three children.

http://coronationstreet.wikia.com/wiki/13_Coronation_Street

He has a sofa and armchairs in that kitchen diner so why not?

Both Sophie and Jack appear to have upstairs bedrooms and well Sophie has left anyway to go to Miami
  • Options
    honeythewitchhoneythewitch Posts: 37,237
    Forum Member
    soap-lea wrote: »
    He has a sofa and armchairs in that kitchen diner so why not?

Both Sophie and Jack appear to have upstairs bedrooms and well Sophie has left

Has she? :confused: Where does she live now? I must have dozed off .
  • Options
    soap-leasoap-lea Posts: 23,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has she? :confused: Where does she live now? I must have dozed off .

She has gone to Miami with Rosie. Temporarily maybe she will move back in with Sally when she returns
  • Options
    honeythewitchhoneythewitch Posts: 37,237
    Forum Member
    soap-lea wrote: »
    She has gone to Miami with Rosie. Temporarily maybe she will move back in with Sally when she returns

But you dont expect to go on holiday and come home and find you have been slung out or had a fifteen year old put into your bedroom.
  • Options
    doormousedoormouse Posts: 2,268
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can still hear the sickening sound of the lead pipe striking Phelan's face when she brutally beat him to a pulp. The look of horror still haunts me to this day. Not content to abuse Phelan she has now transferred that abuse to Faye on a daily basis. I have no sympathy whatsoever. As a matter of fact I dislike her so much I am going to clean out my septic tank in the morning, and wearing the same clothing will go and visit her in hospital. No apron or hair net for me. Just a big hug.

:D:D So funny!

There's a woman who serves in our local shop, just like Anna, nosy as hell, loud mouthed and extremely annoying. She has to comment on everything anyone buys, really loudly. I want to hit her.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I dont know anyone in real life who decides to move into their boyfriend's house even though it means their daughter has no bedroom, and with no discussion or warning.

Oh yes, it's ok for her to rip her kids to bits but if anyone else does...........strong, loyal Anna?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AndreaMC wrote: »
    It's says a lot that the show has to go to such extreme lengths to try and create a bit of sympathy for Anna that they have to slap 3 degree burns on her.

They are always trying to ram Anna down viewers throats as a sympathetic character. And sympathetic is about as near as the character could ever get near being likeable!!!:D

She's a vicious, petty vindictive selfish soul who couldn't be likeable to a rottweiller with a pork chop necklace.

Instead of squandering so much precious viewers time on nasty, humourless Anna, it might be great if they came up with more stories and scenes with the characters that have a bit of life in them. Jesus, is it really really that complicated????

:D:D Brilliant!!
  • Options
    craig_25craig_25 Posts: 2,990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    doormouse wrote: »
    Oh yes, it's ok for her to rip her kids to bits but if anyone else does...........strong, loyal Anna?

Oh PLEASE!! Anna rips her kids to bits :D I am loving the outrage at Faye getting a bollocking. If someone had called social services every time my mother ripped into me as a teenager I'd have never left the care system!!

Anna isn't perfect, she loves her kids and wants to protect them so sometimes a bit of tough love saves them from themselves! Lets not forget that Faye has form so she needs a kick up the arse sometimes.

I love how people expect parents on TV to be perfect and follow some kind of special rule book. Mothers get mad and shout at their kids, yes we know it's not the most effective form of discipline but mothers are human too, they do lose their temper!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But you dont expect to go on holiday and come home and find you have been slung out or had a fifteen year old put into your bedroom.

I didn't realise that Sophie lived with Kevin! Must've missed that one. I assumed she was still with Salleh.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    craig_25 wrote: »
    Oh PLEASE!! Anna rips her kids to bits :D I am loving the outrage at Faye getting a bollocking. If someone had called social services every time my mother ripped into me as a teenager I'd have never left the care system!!

Anna isn't perfect, she loves her kids and wants to protect them so sometimes a bit of tough love saves them from themselves! Lets not forget that Faye has form so she needs a kick up the arse sometimes.

I love how people expect parents on TV to be perfect and follow some kind of special rule book. Mothers get mad and shout at their kids, yes we know it's not the most effective form of discipline but mothers are human too, they do lose their temper!

Hey, I agree about the mothering thing - I was pretty shouty with mine when they were growing up! Going to the other extreme and bigging Anna up to be a strong and super maternal force is beyond the pale. She's an irritating, gobby, nosy, judgemental old windbag.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    doormouse wrote: »
    Hey, I agree about the mothering thing - I was pretty shouty with mine when they were growing up! Going to the other extreme and bigging Anna up to be a strong and super maternal force is beyond the pale. She's an irritating, gobby, nosy, judgemental old windbag.

LOL it's all true, she is all those things. But I still like Anna, I find her quite a realistic character. I know quite a few irritating, gobby, nosy, judgemental old windbags! My mother is certainly gobby, nosey and judgemental but that doesn't make her a bad person, and certainly not a bad mother as some people seem to label Anna on here.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    craig_25 wrote: »
    LOL it's all true, she is all those things. But I still like Anna, I find her quite a realistic character. I know quite a few irritating, gobby, nosy, judgemental old windbags! My mother is certainly gobby, nosey and judgemental but that doesn't make her a bad person, and certainly not a bad mother as some people seem to label Anna on here.

I do too! I put somewhere else that there's a woman in our local shop who's a dead ringer for Anna, she looks just like her, is unbelievably nosy and loudly comments on every purchase anyone buys. I can't stand her! :p
  • Options
    sconescone Posts: 14,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LHolmes wrote: »
    I haven't been watching but if I had I doubt I'd feel sorry for her.

Anna has been a vile monster for years... garnering sympathy for her is unlikely for work on the majority.

One can't help but wonder if this is why this storyline has been developed, in attempt to make all the naysayers grow to like her. Doubt it will work because she will be shouting before too long and like others have said, she will be back at Roy's gossiping and talking crap. Why hasn't Roy visited her yet? He visited Carla?
  • Options
    BlondeGremlinBlondeGremlin Posts: 5,656
    Forum Member
    I wanted to speak to somebody who had worked on a burns unit, BlondeGremlin; can you tell me if it would have been nursing practice to put a cage over Anna's legs, to stop the bedclothes chaffing her burnt legs, or anyone accidentally knocking against them?

Janet, I've only worked at the unit in my local Trust so I can't speak for everywhere, but we wouldn't use a cage to shield the legs in an injury like Anna has. Her legs will be dressed and so padded that she wouldn't feel anything anyway. Many of the seriously injured patients don't have any sheets or blankets and our unit has individual rooms with their own temperature control so they are kept warm that way rather than needing blankets etc.
  • Options
    Bobby'sgirlBobby'sgirl Posts: 7,389
    Forum Member
    It's a horrible s/l to deal with and would not like anyone to suffer this. BUT Anna does my head in she never seems to be likeable all the time she is like a pendulum. One swing she is lovely going the other way she is hateful,spiteful and darn right nasty. This story will make her more unbearable to watch and listen to.
  • Options
    Bobby'sgirlBobby'sgirl Posts: 7,389
    Forum Member
    Deleted this post as I couldn't see my other post until this one appeared. Having a bad thread day sorry:D
  • Options
    Bonny1Bonny1 Posts: 8,502
    Forum Member
    No I don't
  • Options
    Janet PlankJanet Plank Posts: 10,252
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Janet, I've only worked at the unit in my local Trust so I can't speak for everywhere, but we wouldn't use a cage to shield the legs in an injury like Anna has. Her legs will be dressed and so padded that she wouldn't feel anything anyway. Many of the seriously injured patients don't have any sheets or blankets and our unit has individual rooms with their own temperature control so they are kept warm that way rather than needing blankets etc.

Thankyou for that explanation, BlondeGremlin.