Hollyoaks E4 Daily 28/09/16 @ 7pm | Will the Donovans stop the wedding?

Comments

• RinsewindRinsewind Posts: 7,160
    Forum Member
    Poor
    you mean to say you were not on the edge of your seat in excitement about will Joanne tell Joe and ruin Mercy's wedding?

Er...Basically....No.:)
  • KatrinaKKatrinaK Posts: 32,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree. The show has wayyyy too many characters and there is more to come! It's because of this that we are complaining about the lack of Jade/Alfie, James's abuse plot and sienna/Nico murder story. The show simply can't fit all the characters in an appropriate time frame. The pacing with and the Cameron plot this past year has been terrible. The show could do with losing at least 10-15 characters.
  • SkyfallSkyfall Posts: 8,510
    Forum Member
    Rinsewind wrote: »
    I think what Hollyoaks really needs at this moment in time, is an Executive Producer cull.

Cutting characters from a show a hard job, some great characters hollyoaks had that shouldn't of been killed off.
  • ChelseaEllieChelseaEllie Posts: 16,802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Poor
    Skyfall wrote: »
    I write quickly meant money it's just Myra so selfish making Celine give up a Jess who likes and wait a whole year and everything back to normal after that.

I found it a strange thing for her to agree too, and why hasnt JP commented on it hes the moral sane one
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Poor
    Er...Basically....No.:)

the moment she said she was happy you knew it wasnt happening cos crazy Joanne was going to get in the way
    Forum Member
    Poor
    I write quickly meant money it's just Myra so selfish making Celine give up a Jess who likes and wait a whole year and everything back to normal after that.

Sorry, Skyfall, I wasn't criticising you, more wanting to clarify - cos let's face it, Myra is probably stuck with the baby whatever happens. And like others, I can't see this scam working out, and in a years time, Celine will find that not-long-haired Grace Brother has found somebody else, and is no longer interested.in her, causing her to hate the rest of her family, including the ones whohaven't even been introduced yet. (maybe they could team her up with Silas to get rid of them?)
    Forum Member
    I found it a strange thing for her to agree too, and why hasnt JP commented on it hes the moral sane one

Think JP would agree to Myra's plan he'll need some of the money for Matthews future.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Poor
    Think JP would agree to Myra's plan he'll need some of the money for Matthews future.

JPs love interest bought a restaurant with half an hours notice, paid £10k for sex, throws money around like its going out of fashion, hes sorted
    Forum Member
    Poor

I keep waiting for JP to ask "So who's looking after Matthew today?" (actually, does he even remember he has a son?):)
    Forum Member
    Sorry, Skyfall, I wasn't criticising you, more wanting to clarify - cos let's face it, Myra is probably stuck with the baby whatever happens. And like others, I can't see this scam working out, and in a years time, Celine will find that not-long-haired Grace Brother has found somebody else, and is no longer interested.in her, causing her to hate the rest of her family, including the ones whohaven't even been introduced yet. (maybe they could team her up with Silas to get rid of them?)

Celine teaming up Silas would be interesting to see have revenge on the McQueen's. Celine would hate her family for making her dump a good man like Jess for a very selfish plan to con a person for money.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Poor
    I keep waiting for JP to ask "So who's looking after Matthew today?" (actually, does he even remember he has a son?):)

didnt they say myra was looking after the kids
    Forum Member
    JPs love interest bought a restaurant with half an hours notice, paid £10k for sex, throws money around like its going out of fashion, hes sorted

James also give a great load of money to JP to help with JP's eye treatments.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Poor
    James also give a great load of money to JP to help with JP's eye treatments.

and he said no, which makes me wonder why he would go along with this
  • GoosebeeGoosebee Posts: 5,291
    Forum Member
    I didn't think the episode was as bad as people are making out. Yes it was far weaker than it has been for a while- but I genuinely felt for Mercedes at the end. I think the biggest problem is that this wedding farce should be a secondary story to the other events that people are missing instead of taking the whole episode. I'm also quite annoyed that we can't just get a good Joe/Mercedes/Freddie type Roscoe unit to enjoy. They have been working really well together and this is ruining it now.

I agree the pacing of the show is poor- but personally I don't mind the Donovan's or Freddie - though they are better as supporting characters. After this weekends events people might not have to put up with Freddie for much longer anyway.

I just feel like the show is lacking cohesion right now. It goes from very good. To very poor- -and the stories just don't blend together.
  • McGillicuddyMcGillicuddy Posts: 1,497
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

:D:D:D I cackled!

True tho.
    Forum Member
    and he said no, which makes me wonder why he would go along with this

At least James was making up for his cruel behaviour towards JP.

With JP being a McQueen he would always nearly say yes to Myra.
    Forum Member
    Poor
    lylonic_x wrote: »
    Who here really honestly has absolutely anything positive to say about that episode?

Just watching the last few minutes -(EXTREME SEXISM ALERT) Nice cleavage, Cindy!!!:)
  • mrbernaymrbernay Posts: 146,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    DJ Jimmy wrote: »
    Thanks for the thread Bob :)

Evening Mr. B :)

Hello all, let's hope that this is a better episode than yesterday :p

Hi Jim :-)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Poor
    Goosebee wrote: »
    I didn't think the episode was as bad as people are making out. Yes it was far weaker than it has been for a while- but I genuinely felt for Mercedes at the end. I think the biggest problem is that this wedding farce should be a secondary story to the other events that people are missing instead of taking the whole episode. I'm also quite annoyed that we can't just get a good Joe/Mercedes/Freddie type Roscoe unit to enjoy. They have been working really well together and this is ruining it now.

I agree the pacing of the show is poor- but personally I don't mind the Donovan's or Freddie - though they are better as supporting characters. After this weekends events people might not have to put up with Freddie for much longer anyway.

I just feel like the show is lacking cohesion right now. It goes from very good. To very poor- -and the stories just don't blend together.
    I find the silence on the story on freddie very odd, seems like a cover up for a show runners fav, they should do something, cos the all say dont do drugs then their darling does them on camera and its ignored
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Surely Diego (and especially his mother) would have required a Catholic wedding. All of them are Catholics so why would they have a CofE wedding?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Poor
    mrbernay wrote: »
    Surely Diego (and especially his mother) would have required a Catholic wedding. All of them are Catholics so why would they have a CofE wedding?

hes divorced cant marry in a catholic church
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    hes divorced cant marry in a catholic church

The CofE would never take them just like that. They'd need to start going to the church up to a year before the wedding, and a pre-wedding "get together"
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Poor
    mrbernay wrote: »
    The CofE would never take them just like that. They'd need to start going to the church up to a year before the wedding, and a pre-wedding "get together"

is hollyoaks, everyone gets married at the drop of a hat
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    is hollyoaks, everyone gets married at the drop of a hat

:D:D:D
  • Teabag84Teabag84 Posts: 2,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    didnt they say myra was looking after the kids

They only said Myra was looking after JJ and Lexi so who knows where Matthew is!