• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8
    Forum Member
    Anyone catch the guy's name at all?

Think it was Steve Brosman
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 50
    Forum Member
    I'm glad I'm not the only person who thinks the supposed subject of this experiment is a terrible actor. There's no real emotion in him at all. And how old is that girl meant to be? She's acting about 12 but is surely in her 20s?

She may be a few years older than the character she is trying to play but she is never in her 20s.
  • Options
    littlebootieslittlebooties Posts: 2,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rene-C wrote: »
    Maybe the fact that he is a bad actor is because "gasp" he's actually not an actor! It was clearly stated at the start that everyone is in on the scam except the victim.!!

I think what people are getting at is that it wasnt a very natural seeming reaction either just bad acting.
  • Options
    stirlingguy1stirlingguy1 Posts: 7,038
    Forum Member
    I have found out that the main guy is called Steve Brosnan and he used to take drama at school.
    Here is his facebook

https://www.facebook.com/Brosaconstricta?fref=ts
  • Options
    highnalhighnal Posts: 2,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think what people are getting at is that it wasnt a very natural seeming reaction either just bad acting.

Then again, how do we know what a natural reaction is in those circumstances? We don't!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I think if he is an actor he won't really be called Steve Brosnan for this very reason of people Googling.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8
    Forum Member
    It's a shame. I remember when he did this sort of thing but on a much more simple level with "Trick or Treat" and he made a woman believe she had died in a car crash. It was very well executed and showed less is sometimes more.

For some reason his recent work seems to be going for a 'more is better than less' approach and going completely over the top. I was surprised by his rather minimal involvement too. Other than his name in the title and a couple of scenes, one of which he put the guy to sleep.. he's hardly been in it.

He should have waited until Halloween and done another Séance. Keep it simple.

I agree, something simple but spooky would have been perfect.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 143
    Forum Member
    highnal wrote: »
    Then again, how do we know what a natural reaction is in those circumstances? We don't!

Think people are expecting the guy to act like he was in a film, bit odd really.
  • Options
    LenitiveLenitive Posts: 4,263
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have found out that the main guy is called Steve Brosnan and he used to take drama at school.
    Here is his facebook

Filming with Adam Buxton on the set for a BBC pilot... Ho-hum!

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.407096201192.178527.566841192&type=1
  • Options
    Forum Member
    .Lucy. wrote: »
    I think if he is an actor he won't really be called Steve Brosnan for this very reason of people Googling.

He could just be a drama student without much of a career behind him. They're hardly gonna cast Sean Connery in this role.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    He could just be a drama student without much of a career behind him. They're hardly gonna cast Sean Connery in this role.

Touche and my theory has just been dumped on its head seeing the post above this one :p
  • Options
    dwisemandwiseman Posts: 4,011
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Here is his facebook

Hmm, suspicious or what!
  • Options
    InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe the fact that he is a bad actor is because "gasp" he's actually not an actor! It was clearly stated at the start that everyone is in on the scam except the victim.!!

We know that but at times I found it very difficult to believe he wasn't aware of that. For example when he got out of bed in the hospital, at one point it looked like a camera person was ducking in and out from behind something in the room. Are we to believe the victim had no idea they were there? Or that he was being followed down a corridor by another camera person? The camera angles were just too convenient at times too.
  • Options
    boddismboddism Posts: 16,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    People are seriously gullible if they dont think this is staged.

I admire Derren Brown enormously, but he is an ENTERTAINER at heart.
  • Options
    fizzle90fizzle90 Posts: 6,467
    Forum Member
    I've followed Derren from day 1, seen all of his stage shows, seen him live, got his DVD's, seen all of his experiments and specials and this is, by a country mile, the fakest, most unbelievable, badly acted work he's ever produced. Shame.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    dwiseman wrote: »
    Says content not available to me?

You may have to log into facebook to see it. Quite an open profile, you'd think C4 would have told him to lock it down.
  • Options
    Rene-CRene-C Posts: 153
    Forum Member
    Natural reactions to events are not as exuberant as what actors would have you believe. Normal people really don't behave in an over the top manner.
  • Options
    highnalhighnal Posts: 2,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fizzle90 wrote: »
    I've followed Derren from day 1, seen all of his stage shows, seen him live, got his DVD's, seen all of his experiments and specials and this is, by a country mile, the fakest, most unbelievable, badly acted work he's ever produced. Shame.

Still entertaining though. I mean the majority of the people in this thread still watched it til the end even though they thought it was shit too.

I don't care if it's real or not, I still enjoyed it!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    If it's an act why didn't they choose a better actor?
  • Options
    Digital SidDigital Sid Posts: 39,870
    Forum Member
    We know that but at times I found it very difficult to believe he wasn't aware of that. For example when he got out of bed in the hospital, at one point it looked like a camera person was ducking in and out from behind something in the room. Are we to believe the victim had no idea they were there? Or that he was being followed down a corridor by another camera person? The camera angles were just too convenient at times too.

As I said, they probably guess as soon as they sign the contract that allows them to film and hack him.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Natural reactions to events are not as exuberant as what actors would have you believe. Normal people really don't behave in an over the top manner.

The stage school actors in this were probably just happy to play something other than hoodies and tramps on EastEnders.
  • Options
    mountymounty Posts: 19,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    thehype wrote: »
    If it's an act why didn't they choose a better actor?

better actors are all over imdb :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    mounty wrote: »
    better actors are all over imdb :p

So channel 4 thought about that, but didn't think to check his Facebook account? Just doesn't add up. I see no reason why it can't be legit so far.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    MJG2011 wrote: »
    Although I respect your opinions, how do any of you know how you'd act in a situation like that? You don't. Simple.

We're not doing it for a living.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    thehype wrote: »
    So channel 4 thought about that, but didn't think to check his Facebook account? Just doesn't add up. I see no reason why it can't be legit so far.

Other that no one would ever believe this if it happened to them, especially if we'd only auditioned for something like it months before.