Options

EE: Episode Thread: 24/05/16 Keeble is back!

Comments

• Options
    Dan-BevisDan-Bevis Posts: 12,258
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    WOW. Amazing how everyone but Bobby was trying to tell the truth to the police [Phil, Sharon and Ben... >:(]. And no one believed his public admission [bar Stacey]...?! :o:o:confused:confused:

Jack really doesn't like Max, does he...

Glad that Bobby actually just kept spilling the truth despite the ridiculous peer pressure not to - let him be punished - he wants to be and deserves to be!
  • Options
    PiippPiipp Posts: 2,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm just wondering how in the Hell Ian is going to get out of this unscathed.
  • Options
    MissMonkeyMooMissMonkeyMoo Posts: 3,375
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Piipp wrote: »
    I'm just wondering how in the Hell Ian is going to get out of this unscathed.

He can't really. But if Kathy can fake her own death in an insurance scam and get away with a suspended sentence then Ian will probably get 100 hours of community service.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But Ian has to; I'm pretty sure they're not going to get rid of Adam and I doubt he'd leave so I'm intrigued as to how he's going to wriggle out of it.

Also, was this written without the writer seeing the ending of the episode?

http://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/eastenders/news/a795295/eastenders-shock-bobby-beale-could-get-away-with-lucys-murder-after-telling-the-police-everything/

Because it seems to me, following THAT cliffhanger, that the police most certainly WILL reopen the case. Did the BBC withhold the full ending from the media?
  • Options
    Aaron_SilverAaron_Silver Posts: 32,993
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He can't really. But if Kathy can fake her own death in an insurance scam and get away with a suspended sentence then Ian will probably get 100 hours of community service.

If Jane ends up in a wheelchair and with the loss of his daughter as well, even in real life that is quite possibly what would happen, there would be a considerable amount of sympathy regardless of his mistakes
  • Options
    owen10owen10 Posts: 127,999
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I hope they dont put Bobby jail and they see that he gets the help he needs
  • Options
    andreas_eastendandreas_eastend Posts: 3,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fantastic episode again tonight.

I feel people will only start realising that Bobby killed Lucy, when Lauren returns, and I can't wait to see Abi's smug face see reality 😊

Wonder what the Mitchell's are gonna do about Stacey... they better not threaten her. I can't see Martin standing by and protecting Bobby, knowing what he now knows about Lucy's murder- BUT one never knows unfortunately...
  • Options
    NoughtiesMusicNoughtiesMusic Posts: 15,914
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It'll be sad for them on a personal level if that's what happens to Jane, but in a sense it's a kind of nemesis for covering up a death in their own family and lying to get an innocent man locked up.

Come to think of it, Phil got his karma in a way for what he did to Max. Soon after Gavin's henchmen held him captive and he turned to the bottle and has cirrhosis of the liver.

Other than Stacey and (surprisingly) Bobby, everyone else in the episode was utter filth. Ben, Jack, Abi, Sharon, Ian....

Abi and Jack's reaction made me sick. I hope Max and Lauren cut them out of their lives when they come back.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really can't see how this can go on beyond this week now; I've thought that before but this time we have the killer in the police station confessing with Ian stood right behind him. If it's taken any further then it's just farcical.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If Jane ends up in a wheelchair and with the loss of his daughter as well, even in real life that is quite possibly what would happen, there would be a considerable amount of sympathy regardless of his mistakes

Do you mean sympathy from the police /courts or the community? I know I am biased against Ian and Jane :D but I don't think that the court would take that into account. I think they would see the amount of police time wasted and the cost to the tax payer. They would also consider that he allowed an innocent man to be sent to jail. As for the square, yes some will sympathise with Ian because they will need to write in some support to keep him in the square but this in itself is annoying as there was no sympathy for max - despite the fact he'd been there for years they were happy to believe he was a murderer - and yet there will be understanding and forgiveness for those who are actually guilty.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do you mean sympathy from the police /courts or the community? I know I am biased against Ian and Jane :D but I don't think that the court would take that into account. I think they would see the amount of police time wasted and the cost to the tax payer. They would also consider that he allowed an innocent man to be sent to jail. As for the square, yes some will sympathise with Ian because they will need to write in some support to keep him in the square but this in itself is annoying as there was no sympathy for max - despite the fact he'd been there for years they were happy to believe he was a murderer - and yet there will be understanding and forgiveness for those who are actually guilty.

I do mean the courts and the public at large. In fact the public at large may be the biggest factor as a case like this would garner national headlines and it's naive to think that when politicians and the media and the public get involved that this doesn't influence the courts
  • Options
    SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kathy and Martin are as bad as Ian trying to protect that murderer.
    They are all at it >:(
    He's just a kid!
    The killers of Jamie Bulger were younger
    ArtyAttack wrote: »
    Bobby is the only one who is finally taking responsibility. Everyone around him is enabling him and continuing to make excuses.
    Idiots
    So even after Bobby has admitted everything they're still going to try kneecap Max?
    They are hopeless
    davor wrote: »
    Where is the social worker. Arresting a child and no social worker around.
    Are Social workers obliged to be at the scene of the crime ?
    She has drugs up her arse :D
    Nope. They haven't reached there yet
    He is just a little boy that killed someone and attempted murder again...
    Poor Bobby :p
    bass55 wrote: »
    Stacey determined to bring Lucy's killer to justice, despite bludgeoning Archie to death and going on the run for four years to avoid arrest.

Mother Theresa she ain't.
    She is licenced to kill as she is bi-polar
    Surely this interview couldn't happen without Ian at least being present or spoken to by the police first. Sharon isn't even a blood relative.
    Nope
    Nice to see Phil's bent lawyer not getting her way.
    Agreed
    soap-lea wrote: »
    why is Richie bobbies solicitor
    She si the only one in Walford
    Scrap GBH, what about the murder charge?
    I sniggered when he was arrested for actual bodily harm
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand Bobby happens to be the one person who does the decent thing.

While all the scum around him are saving their bacon.
    Scum indeed
    bass55 wrote: »
    But nobody knows about that except Phil and Sharon (and now Ben).

Even though Bobby has confessed, as far as the police are concerned Max was found guilty by the jury.
    The case is officially solved but the Police are incompetent
    The whole thing is about to come falling down. Now how many different charges can we get for different people in the square?
    They will all get away with it
    So the coppers have the possibility of a miscarriage of justice under their nose and totally ignore it??
    Looks like it
    DUNDEEBOY wrote: »
    What did Cameron do with Laurens statement last year that said she said Bobby done it
    Shredded it
    Why didn't Bobby just mention that Jane carried Lucy to the Common that night?
    He had not been told about it
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    soap-lea wrote: »
    Can I volunteer Aaron? he hasn't done one for ages, his thread starting crown will slip soon

You have your wish, you'll be more careful in future I'm sure :p

:D
  • Options
    bingoesbingoes Posts: 4,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some bizarre lines tonight

Whist at the Police Station .... Bobby to Sharon 'will mum be angry with me' :o

(nah i'm sure she will forgive you, she forgave you for murder so smashing her over the head and spoiling a wedding cake is no problem - she might even buy you another bike)

Ian talking to Cathy at the hospital 'Bobby was doing well with Hockey at School, possibly being entered for the 2020 Olympics' :o

(well don't let this hiccup spoil his Olympic future, just tell him that the stick is for hitting a ball and not to be used as a murder weapon and then maybe he might get the gold medal)

The script is nuts.
  • Options
    DiscoPDiscoP Posts: 5,931
    Forum Member
    I wonder how many more times Bobby is going to have to admit to killing Lucy to the keystone cops before they actually believe him?

I'm sure he could produce his own CCTV footage of him committing the crimes and still no one would believe him.

Don't worry Son, I know you've just caved your mums head in with a hockey stick but we'll see if we can get you sent home now OK?

Just an absolutely absurd plot.
  • Options
    bingoesbingoes Posts: 4,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DiscoP wrote: »
    I wonder how many more times Bobby is going to have to admit to killing Lucy to the keystone cops before they actually believe him?

I'm sure he could produce his own CCTV footage of him committing the crimes and still no one would believe him.

Don't worry Son, I know you've just caved your mums head in with a hockey stick but we'll see if we can get you sent home now OK?

Just an absolutely absurd plot.

YouTube might be Bobby's best bet, they have all his best bloody bits on there.

This story line has got to end soon as I'm getting concerned that Bobby really does need to have a shave.
  • Options
    Harry RedknappHarry Redknapp Posts: 4,422
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dan-Bevis wrote: »
    WOW. Amazing how everyone but Bobby was trying to tell the truth to the police [Phil, Sharon and Ben... >:(]. And no one believed his public admission [bar Stacey]...?! :o:o:confused:confused:

Jack really doesn't like Max, does he...

Glad that Bobby actually just kept spilling the truth despite the ridiculous peer pressure not to - let him be punished - he wants to be and deserves to be!

but why? They were friends when Jack left the square.
  • Options
    Stacey_BarlowStacey_Barlow Posts: 938
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wow that was a great episode, I loved every minute of that:).
    I can't wait for Thursday episode
    10/10
  • Options
    nigel12nigel12 Posts: 1,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Surely when Christian is told everything on Friday he will also support Max getting released - he always seemed quite a moral man.
  • Options
    Keyser_Soze1Keyser_Soze1 Posts: 25,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well that was an episode full of despicable behaviour by the Beales and Mitchells, I see the Philth is back to being the lowest form of scum and will no doubt be threatening Stacey very soon.

I hope that Martin punches his lights out.

Roxy you stupid cow, Gaga you fool, Ian you prat, Sharon you dumb blonde.

The most likable member of those two families was the Bloodbath which says it all.

At least he confessed to his crimes although Walford police are (yet again) making the Keystone Cops look like Sherlock Holmes.

Still it was enjoyable but I really hope poor Max will get his revenge - in particular on King Weeble who is so happy for Max to go away for life because he had a young and attractive girlfriend like Lucy.

WTF?

Hypocrite thy name is Mitchell.
  • Options
    pegasus2pegasus2 Posts: 5,293
    Forum Member
    Ian saying how highly the school thought of Bobby's hockey skills. Who knows, they may have offered him a sports scholarship to stay at the school. We may never know.
  • Options
    LakieLadyLakieLady Posts: 19,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Morgsie wrote: »
    Bryant blamed Max for Emma's death and that influenced his judgment

Is this point going to resurface at some point in the future?

I hope so.

I want Lauren to come back all guns blazing, complains to the IPCC, Bryant loses his job, and is prosecuted for misfeasance in public office.

They then have to pay Max shedloads in compo and he buys up all the Beale businesses, Branning Bros become kings of the square and Phil has to abdicate.
  • Options
    LakieLadyLakieLady Posts: 19,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Well, he might be full-time carer for his disabled wife by then, that would help him get a lighter sentence.
  • Options
    Keyser_Soze1Keyser_Soze1 Posts: 25,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just to add another couple of things why does Jack suddenly hate Max?

Why has Kath turned into someone thicker than a whale omelette?

So.

Sharon - dumb scum.
    Philth - utter scum.
    Gaga - twisted scum.
    Kath - thick scum.
    Jack - traitorous scum (but does not know the truth).
    Abi - traitorous bitch scum (but does not know the truth.
    Ian - scum (but still loves his son).
    The Bloodbath - psychopathic scum (but at least he knows exactly what he is and confessed).
    Keeble - Keystone Cop scum.
    Babe - blackmailing scum.

Have I missed out anyone? :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just to add another couple of things why does Jack suddenly hate Max?

Why has Kath turned into someone thicker than a whale omelette?

So.

Sharon - dumb scum.
    Philth - utter scum.
    Gaga - twisted scum.
    Kath - thick scum.
    Jack - traitorous scum (but does not know the truth).
    Abi - traitorous bitch scum (but does not know the truth.
    Ian - scum (but still loves his son).
    The Bloodbath - psychopathic scum (but at least he knows exactly what he is and confessed).
    Keeble - Keystone Cop scum.
    Babe - blackmailing scum.

Have I missed out anyone? :D

Good points! I can't understand why Jack suddenly hates Max either. He left the square on good terms with Max and surely he wouldn't really think his brother is capable of murder? He's an ex Copper, so he would know that the evidence given is circumstantial and not actually enough to prove Max did anything. I know originally it was probably written that way as Scott Marsden wasn't around but after bobby actually said he killed Lucy I can't believe jack isn't the slightest bit interested!

And what's the deal with Abi? She only shopped Max to get Ben off the hook. Is she worried that if Max is innocent she's going to get into trouble or something? She was still adamant to Dot last night that Max killed Lucy. I know Marcus turned on Abi at the trial but ultimately max sold up for her and Carol saw that and would have told Abi so why does she still want him to rot in jail?