Sky Sports News HD On Its Way!

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29
Forum Member
As the director of Sky Sports has said on his own twitter!
"# What a loverly day, pity I won't see much of it today, lot's to do on 3D and Sky Sports News in HD. 12:20 AM Mar 2nd via web "

http://twitter.com/Darren_R_Long

:D

Comments

• njeonjeo Posts: 6,341
    Forum Member
    Shame he doesn't give a date :-)
  • Dear ViewerDear Viewer Posts: 1,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wouldn't be surprised if we have to wait till the start of the 2010/11 footy season.
  • pward1965pward1965 Posts: 289
    Forum Member
    njeo wrote: »
    Shame he doesn't give a date :-)

There was a full-page advert for Sky News HD in the Independent a few weeks ago which said it would launch 'this Spring'.
  • ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pward1965 wrote: »
    There was a full-page advert for Sky News HD in the Independent a few weeks ago which said it would launch 'this Spring'.

In time for the election on May 6 I hear
  • AxGAxG Posts: 25,663
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pward1965 wrote: »

Sky Sports News HD
  • jeffersbnljeffersbnl Posts: 4,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ftv wrote: »
    In time for the election on May 6 I hear
    But don't expect that much election footage (from the campaign at least) to be in HD.
  • chrisw99chrisw99 Posts: 2,403
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do the Sky Sports News and Sky News channels come from the same studios? If so, I would guess a similar time for launch
  • RestorerRestorer Posts: 2,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chrisw99 wrote: »
    Do the Sky Sports News and Sky News channels come from the same studios? If so, I would guess a similar time for launch

No. Sky Sports News comes from some cupboard that is only equipped with 4:3 equipment :D.

Evidently they are awaiting move into their new studios. Not sure when that will be though last I read said all was still on schedule for "this year".
  • daniel99daniel99 Posts: 12,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    in other words an old studio at Sky Centre