Options

The Love Boat

radamfiradamfi Posts: 14,055
Forum Member
✭✭
When was the last time The Love Boat was on British TV?

Comments

• Options
    MrsceeMrscee Posts: 5,271
    Forum Member
    you know I can't remember must have been a long while..did they not do an up to date version think it was Robert Ulrich but he was ill when making it I think or am I thinking of something else
  • Options
    CampcrusaderCampcrusader Posts: 3,242
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm pretty sure that Channel 5 may have shown a few episodes of the original series, maybe around 10 years ago.
  • Options
    Glenn AGlenn A Posts: 23,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Last I saw of it was a Sunday evening slot on Border in the spring of 1984. It always seemed to be a regional rather than a networked show.
  • Options
    crystal_methcrystal_meth Posts: 8,379
    Forum Member
    It used to be on every sunday lunch / afternoon in the early 80s on ITV - I used to be glued to the telly as it was the only time I was allowed to watch! I wish they'd repeat it just because of nostalgic reasons, it'd be great to see what it's like second time around as an adult.
  • Options
    gerry dgerry d Posts: 12,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mrscee wrote: »
    did they not do an up to date version think it was Robert Ulrich

Your correct

It was called "The Love Boat:The Next Wave".It ran for 2 seasons between 1998 & 1999
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember the first series being shown in a peak time slot on Tyne Tees just before the big ITV strike in 1979, then I do remember Border showing it in the afternoons in the early 80s before giving it one last go in 1983/84 on Sunday teatimes. I'm not sure if it was ever networked.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If it wasn't networked, are there some places in the UK which have never seen the original Love Boat?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It used to be on every sunday lunch / afternoon in the early 80s on ITV - I used to be glued to the telly as it was the only time I was allowed to watch! I wish they'd repeat it just because of nostalgic reasons, it'd be great to see what it's like second time around as an adult.

I've just watched a few episodes on the CBS website and I was pleasantly surprised at how much I enjoyed it after all these years.

The great theme tune is on You Tube.
  • Options
    malspiemalspie Posts: 768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I used to love it despite it being so cheesy! Wish some channel would re-run it along with Little House on the Prairie and the more recent Ally McBeal.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    radamfi wrote: »
    If it wasn't networked, are there some places in the UK which have never seen the original Love Boat?

I would imagine that if a region didn't like it in those days, they wouldn't show it, but I'm sure it would be more a case of different times as I think only the first series was networked, same as its close rival Fantasy Island went to the regions after the first series. I do recall The Sunday Post in an interview with Jack Jones, who sung the theme tune, in the early 80s apologising for the show's below par ratings on STV.
  • Options
    Robbedin73Robbedin73 Posts: 7,859
    Forum Member
    MY lLate father did an epsoide of this when it came to London
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is The Love Boat the only show to introduce the special guests BEFORE the main cast in the opening titles?