The Official DS Singles Dating Thread (Part 16)

Comments

• BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gabbitas wrote: »
    That's the plan :D. I've been to them before (not this particular place) and they're generally very good value. I don't think they let you take out tons of stuff in doggy bags though :p.

Whereabouts is the Chinese. Is it in Babe's neck of the woods or near you?
  • GabbitasGabbitas Posts: 8,985
    Forum Member
    Whereabouts is the Chinese. Is it in Babe's neck of the woods or near you?

Nearer to me, but not that close really. It's near Chelmsford Essex - about 25-odd miles away. That's close to one of my cousins and his wife.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nearer to me, but not that close really. It's near Chelmsford Essex - about 25-odd miles away. That's close to one of my cousins and his wife.

Oh I know what I keep meaning to ask you. What did you have for your Christmas lunch in the end, with your £10 voucher??
    Forum Member
    Oh I know what I keep meaning to ask you. What did you have for your Christmas lunch in the end, with your £10 voucher??

Oooohhhh!!! There's quite a story there :D.

Are you sitting comfortably? Then I'll begin...

My company issued each of us with a £10 voucher for a local cafe for each of the 25th and/or 26th that we were working. We bowled over there expecting that we could get whatever we wanted up to the value of £10. The owner of the cafe had a very different expectation. He was expecting to supply everyone with a croissant and coffee breakfast and a roast dinner. That's fine for those who work office-type hours, but for people like me who were in from lunchtime and stayed until very late, we expected two dinners. I did manage to cadge two dinners (roast lamb) and microwaved the second one later.

It seems that whoever from my company negotiated with the cafe owner didn't make it clear as to what was expected. The cafe owner isn't very happy and I doubt he'll do anything like this again. I hope he's not out of pocket.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oooohhhh!!! There's quite a story there :D.

Are you sitting comfortably? Then I'll begin...

My company issued each of us with a £10 voucher for a local cafe for each of the 25th and/or 26th that we were working. We bowled over there expecting that we could get whatever we wanted up to the value of £10. The owner of the cafe had a very different expectation. He was expecting to supply everyone with a croissant and coffee breakfast and a roast dinner. That's fine for those who work office-type hours, but for people like me who were in from lunchtime and stayed until very late, we expected two dinners. I did manage to cadge two dinners (roast lamb) and microwaved the second one later.

It seems that whoever from my company negotiated with the cafe owner didn't make it clear as to what was expected. The cafe owner isn't very happy and I doubt he'll do anything like this again. I hope he's not out of pocket.

Oh dear. What a fiasco!!!

Wonder what they'll do next year?!!

Need to go and get showered so if I dont catch you before you leave, have a lovely, lovely time today/tonight/tomorrow. Am sure you will :D

Give the OH a hug from me. xx
    Forum Member
    Oh dear. What a fiasco!!!

Wonder what they'll do next year?!!

Need to go and get showered so if I dont catch you before you leave, have a lovely, lovely time today/tonight/tomorrow. Am sure you will :D

Give the OH a hug from me. xx

Yeah. It was a total balls-up!!

No doubt they'll try something else next year and that'll go belly up in a spectacular way too :p.

I'm sure I will have a lovely time over then next couple of days :). You have a great day's shopping. I hope you find what you're looking for.

I will give my OH a big hug from you :). xx
  • HendersonHenderson Posts: 11,952
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Afternoon folks...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Afternoon Henders.
    Only popped on briefly. Been shopping this morning and now waiting for mate to go home, get her overnight stuff, come back and then we're going down the pub.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Have fun...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Henderson wrote: »
    Have fun...

I aint gone yet
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OK you dont want to talk to me :(

Catcha later
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm thinking of going out myself, bored stiff.

Laters, enjoy yourself...
  • missy83missy83 Posts: 14,299
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Afternoon Folks!
  • MirelaMirela Posts: 1,509
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hello, haven't been here in ages - decided I should come back though :)

I've decided I don't want to feel upset pining over a married man, even though I still love him (I can't not, he's awesome), but pining over someone who's taken sucks :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hi Mirela...hope you had a good Christmas :) and you are right unrequited love does suck.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My Christmas was alright, a bit quiet cos it was just me and my mum this year (sometimes my sister and niece stay here and other times we go through to stay with them in Edinburgh). Nice enough though - most of my presents were good and we had a good dinner :)

Another thing, I think I've been spending a bit TOO much time on Twitter :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Glad you had lots of nice presents :)

I'm not really up on Twitter to be honest...that's probably a good thing as I witter on enough in RL and on here :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Any new male posters in this topic (preferably in their 30's) since I was last here? Just curious ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think the only new one is dylan....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'll check back in here later on, bye for now :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Heloooooooooooooooooooooooooooo........

(Echo)...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hello Henders
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hello missy...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Are you still stiff?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stiff??? lol... Nah, Im okay now, just waiting for the footy and cricket...
This discussion has been closed.