Options

When Lucy's killer is revealed it'll seem rubbish

BabanBaban Posts: 2,040
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Because we've all made up theories to include every single member of the cast:D so when its revealed it'll be "oh well so and so said that they'd be the killer as soon as it happened!" Or "everyone knew that!" I've even seen some theories that it was Lily Branning, or even Dot!

Problem is they're dragging it out too long. I for one will be glad when it's over next year.

Comments

• Options
    J-BJ-B Posts: 18,616
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Baban wrote: »
    Because we've all made up theories to include every single member of the cast:D so when its revealed it'll be "oh well so and so said that they'd be the killer as soon as it happened!" Or "everyone knew that!" I've even seen some theories that it was Lily Branning, or even Dot!

Problem is they're dragging it out too long. I for one will be glad when it's over next year.

I'm happy to trust them and see how it plays out. It had got a bit stale but this week has made it exciting again for me, and the lull was to be expected what with the footegg soccerball tournament.
  • Options
    Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

The audience will find out in the autumn who it is I think.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    J-B wrote: »
    I'm happy to trust them and see how it plays out. It had got a bit stale but this week has made it exciting again for me, and the lull was to be expected what with the footegg soccerball tournament.

I'm not sure, it's going to be very difficult to keep the mystery alive for 10 months.

On another note: someone was clearly framing Billy by burying the phone and purse in the allotment
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Where did you hear this?
  • Options
    Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Where did you hear this?

I heard it on here I think about a twist in the autumn
  • Options
    CriticFanCriticFan Posts: 1,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm quite enjoying it.
  • Options
    Steady40Steady40 Posts: 2,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not sure, it's going to be very difficult to keep the mystery alive for 10 months.

On another note: someone was clearly framing Billy by burying the phone and purse in the allotment

It probably would work better if we didn't know how long it'd go on for.

Yeah I reckon someone has smeared his sperm on the phone, anyone slept with him recently?
  • Options
    China GirlChina Girl Posts: 2,755
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought it was supposed to be going on until around February next year.
  • Options
    OminousGloryOminousGlory Posts: 5,019
    Forum Member
    China Girl wrote: »
    I thought it was supposed to be going on until around February next year.

That's the reveal, meaning the Square will probably find out then. I'm hoping we find out who it is before then.
  • Options
    big danbig dan Posts: 7,878
    Forum Member
    I'm already quite neutral about the story tbh. I don't think it's awful but I really don't think it's panned out as the massively groundbreaking, dramatic saga it was billed as so far. I thought this was supposed to be utilising such unique storytelling... yet they even used the same seedy secret for Ian they used in the Archie murder whodunnit!
  • Options
    0...00...0 Posts: 21,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tracey, The Queen Vic Killer, could never be rubbish. :p
  • Options
    Chris MarkChris Mark Posts: 4,897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    0...0 wrote: »
    Tracey, The Queen Vic Killer, could never be rubbish. :p

Tracey is Walford's top dog.

Know it.
  • Options
    Heathyheath_Heathyheath_ Posts: 986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Seeing the presumed killer digging and burying Lucy's phone and wallet tonight has made me so much more excited for this storyline again, really don't feel like it'll disappoint me when it's revealed simply because I'll finally be seeing this long built up storyline coming to fruition and I'm going to enjoy it no matter what
  • Options
    0...00...0 Posts: 21,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chris Mark wrote: »
    Tracey is Walford's top dog.

Know it.

Mr Mark! You have forsaken your allegiance to the DarkRon :o
  • Options
    Chris MarkChris Mark Posts: 4,897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    0...0 wrote: »
    Mr Mark! You have forsaken your allegiance to the DarkRon :o

Alright, Tracey can be second in command.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 102
    Forum Member
    I honestly think 10 months was too long, 8 months now.
    Maybe 3-4 months would of been fine but not that long.
    Yeah their saying itll be exciting and loads of twist and turns blah blah blah
    But for me, i dont care who killed Lucy. It could end up being Tramp and i wouldnt care.
    I didnt like Lucy, i dont know how Lauren can call her, her bestmate after what Lucy did to her during 2013. She was an annoying bitch who im glad was killed off because i couldnt stand her. Im happy that shes gone and ill be happy when this is all over.
  • Options
    gamblegamble Posts: 114
    Forum Member

I hope you are right :)

10-12months is definitely too long to drag out a big reveal in a soap that is on 3 times a week. Revealing the killer and then watch him/her trying to dodge the cops will keep the suspense going.
  • Options
    nigel12nigel12 Posts: 1,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm loving it so far and I'm getting more and more convinced that there will be a flashback episode in Feb where we will see everything that they are telling us about eg Billy and Lucy's row. Almost as if to say - it was always plotted this way!
  • Options
    bass55bass55 Posts: 18,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The mistake they made was telling the audience that the story will end in February. Now we know that everything happening at the moment is basically a red herring, because the actual killer is unlikely to be revealed until the end of the year, possibly even next year. Inevtiably, when the reveal happens it will be an anti-climax.