Options

Clothes - Buying more than one of the same item

RebelScumRebelScum Posts: 16,008
Forum Member
✭✭
Say you find an item of clothing that you really like and looks great on you and from it’s from a shop/designer that brings new stuff every season, so once older stuff is gone, it’s gone forever. Assuming it’s a classic/timeless looking piece of clothing (as opposed something that will eventually go out of fashion) do you buy more than one? If so, do you set yourself a price limit?

Comments

• Options
    Mrs de WinterMrs de Winter Posts: 2,867
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I bought 3 pairs of the same jeans a couple of years ago, within a few weeks, because I knew they were the perfect fit and style for me - they weren't expensive though, and I do still wear them.

I'm currently looking for replacements of my favourite pair of mid-heeled black suede court shoes. I bought them from Dune about a year ago and they were absolutely perfect. Comfortable, really elegant & timeless. They're looking a bit battered now but unfortunately I can't find replacements in my size. I'm very sad.

In short, I think if you see something you know you're likely to always like and can afford to buy duplicates, do it!
  • Options
    elliecatelliecat Posts: 9,890
    Forum Member
    I bought myself 3 pairs of the same boots once as I liked them and they were really comfortable bought them in each of the colours (Black, Brown and Tan).

I buy the same Jeans a lot of the time just different lengths for heels and flats as once I find a pair that fit I can't be bothered looking for others.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,411
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Same as the others who have posted I tend to stock up on jeans, it's hard to find jeans that are the right leg length but fit round my tum :p
  • Options
    Star_BrightStar_Bright Posts: 11,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I usually buy lots of different colours of the same thing. I have umpteen cardigans, sweaters and shorts, mainly just different colours of the same thing :D
  • Options
    ChristaChrista Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I buy many of the same item if I like them, either in different colours or sometimes the same thing.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    for every day use, I only wear black trousers, black t-shirt and a black jumper, so I always buy several of each at once, either from matalan or primark.