Options

Question for you fellow quiz show fans

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,306
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Have you ever been on one or would like to apply

What ones would you like to go on

Which quiz shows that are not on anymore would you have liked to apply for

I always wanted to have a bash at Fifteen To One but I was sadly too young as it finished in 2003 a year before I left school

Always wanted a go at Catchphrase gutted I missed my chance to apply for its forthcoming return

How often does The Chase take applications

And if Tipping Point returns-which looks likely given its well deserved regular ratings of about 2 million when would auditions take place

Comments

• Options
    bargepolebargepole Posts: 344
    Forum Member
    retroguy wrote: »
    ... How often does The Chase take applications

And if Tipping Point returns-which looks likely given its well deserved regular ratings of about 2 million when would auditions take place
    Wouldn't it be great if there was a website where you could type in questions like this, and find the answers.

It would be a sort of "search engine", if that's the right phrase. I'm sure some enterprising internet whizz-kids could develop this and make loads of money ...
  • Options
    RoseAnneRoseAnne Posts: 3,203
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bargepole wrote: »
    Wouldn't it be great if there was a website where you could type in questions like this, and find the answers.

It would be a sort of "search engine", if that's the right phrase. I'm sure some enterprising internet whizz-kids could develop this and make loads of money ...

Considering you consider yourself a candidate for Britain's Brightest you could perhaps have posted a link like Bob Up and Down rather than being sarky.
  • Options
    elgransenor1elgransenor1 Posts: 1,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Theres a site called beonscreen which list's upcoming tv shows.

I've been to three auditions so far and got on to one show. They tend to have the same people appearing on the auditions and the same people on the shows (I read recently about some guy who had been on 28 shows!) so if you say the right thing on the application you have a great chance of getting in.
  • Options
    Chippy ChipsChippy Chips Posts: 2,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I applied for Deal or No Deal and had an audition in London for it a few years ago. Wasn't selected though, but a good experience anyway.

I've also applied for Pointless, but haven't heard anything since I submitted the application last year.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 259
    Forum Member
    Look at the BBC/ITV websites for details of new shows.

Companies like Endemol produce a lot of the shows

websites like UK gameshows, or Beonscreen often list details of contestant calls.

The Chase take applicaitons all the time.

If you keep plugging away and are prepared to go to lots of auditions with no result you will eventually get on one.
  • Options
    mrblankmrblank Posts: 5,687
    Forum Member
    I applied for Deal or No Deal and had an audition in London for it a few years ago. Wasn't selected though, but a good experience anyway.

I've also applied for Pointless, but haven't heard anything since I submitted the application last year.

what qualtites are needed to be accepted for DOND baring in mind no skill is involved?i guess the ability to witter on about nothing
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I met some scottish guy at one of these auditions who won 100k on deal or no deal. he was complaining about the fact he had to buy a round for the other contestants afterwards! :D
  • Options
    Chippy ChipsChippy Chips Posts: 2,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mrblank wrote: »
    what qualtites are needed to be accepted for DOND baring in mind no skill is involved?i guess the ability to witter on about nothing

At the audition, you get interviewed on camera and take part in a few group games. I acted fairly normally, didn't try to be too loud and overbearing like some people were. I didn't get through though, and the ones who were a bit over the top got taken through to the next stage.

Some old bloke in my group put on a Hannibal Lecter mask and tried to talk to anybody who would listen. Most people just sat there laughing at him, but of course, he was put through. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd love to have a go at appearing on Pointless but after seeing the application form I don't think I'll ever get round to it!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd love to have a go at appearing on Pointless but after seeing the application form I don't think I'll ever get round to it!

the worst one was million pound drop, no wonder that show got shelved, as the application form was about a thousand pages long :eek:

plus you had no hope of getting on unless you were 25, blonde and dumb :mad:
  • Options
    LadyxxmacbethLadyxxmacbeth Posts: 1,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You could be David Stainer!!! Or Dr Ian they are in everything...well I watch high brow quiz shows
  • Options
    Dan_CbbcDan_Cbbc Posts: 1,842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I aplied for The Crystal Maze Kids Specials in 2000 after watching the repeats on Challenge but didnt realise at the time untill Channel 4 replied that it actually finished 4 years earlier.